Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Sheldon souray UFA

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4197 Posted - 04/24/2007 : 09:52:18
Alright well Sheldon is an unrestricted free agent after this season, and the man is not happy in montreal, i can see it on his face..

I have a strong feeling he will land on the Los Angeles Kings. This is because his daughter is moving there to pursue an education, and Sheldon wants to stick with his daughter.. As well, Los Angeles is a growing team, they acquired Kopitar this season. So, Rob Blake to montreal for sheldon.. Blake to Tampa for Lecavalier.
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
powerlord13 Posted - 05/25/2007 : 17:42:12
With Souray being a UFA and having lead all defenseman scoring with 26 goals and 64 points good for third, he will demand a Bryan McCabe type salary. Don't you remember that guys? McCabe is having the Leafs pay him 7 mil this year and Souray will get around the same average as McCabe, which was 5.75 mil, so I think it's safe to say he'll get 6 million from some team.

Now, here's the deal, he's a defensive liability, even though he's a defenseman! He was -28 for god's sake, which was... get ready for it THE WORST OUT OF ALL 301 defenseman listed! THE WORST! And for those of you who love Rob Blake, you'll love his rating... -26, the second worst in the league. Souray will be a great powerplayer, but he will suck @$$ at his real position, defense (he's doing it all for the money)

"Death solves all problems; no man, no problem"
fly4apuckguy Posted - 05/11/2007 : 20:29:04
quote:
Originally posted by PuckNuts

Interesting site, I am not sure how accurate it is, I have checked a few of the Salaries with other sites and they match...

This may help with the Tampa issue, well I do not see an issue...

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/tbl.html

Lead, follow, or get out of the way...

DUDE! Thanks for that site - I love it. It appeals to my obsessive need for more hockey info!

Here's an interesting factoid - Crosby made a base salary of $850 000 last year. Alexi Yashin made $7.6 million. Fedorov made $6.08 million. Alexi Kovalev made $4.5 million. Patrick Elias made $7.5 million. Sundin $6.84 million. Samsonov $3.525 million.

The points I am trying to make? Europeans are overpaid, and the rookie cap is sort of unfair.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Gretz
Pasty7 Posted - 05/10/2007 : 12:33:41
souray is a terrible defenseman as a canadiens i'm happy to see him go i'd be more worried about bonk and johnson then souray,, whoo needs a minus 29 defenseman?? he will never mark my words never have a season like this again and he causes more goals then he creates.. the only good thing i can say about souray is that hes an old school tough guy with charactor, he'll go to bats for his team anyday and is a leader i'd pay him 1 million to play the power play and 8 min a game dats it !

Pasty
PuckNuts Posted - 04/24/2007 : 23:44:11
Interesting site, I am not sure how accurate it is, I have checked a few of the Salaries with other sites and they match...

This may help with the Tampa issue, well I do not see an issue...

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/tbl.html

Lead, follow, or get out of the way...
kanadian7 Posted - 04/24/2007 : 22:50:36
I'm with Bigshow on this one. UFA = nothing in return for Monreal. 4197, if you want to talk about trades and rumors, talk about ones that involve a player that belongs to a team. Koivu already talked about the fact that Souray wants to test the market out. That means he will not sign in Montreal just to be traded. Wishful thinking is an understatement here. It is more or less absurd for this to happen
Guest4197 Posted - 04/24/2007 : 21:58:13
Moderator edit:

4197, you're more than welcome to share your opinion on this site, as long as it doesn't involve personal attacks on other members/guests. If you are going to contribute, please stay on topic.
bablaboushka Posted - 04/24/2007 : 19:06:36
quote:
Originally posted by Kashmire

He'll be signing to a Western team most likely, because of his situation.
San Jose is what he probably wants most but I don't think they can stay under the cap with him around. LA is a good guess though. Possibly Pheonix but I don't think he wants to go to another losing team. LA is rebuilding and has talent.

San Jose has no need for him and I would HATE to see him even consider it.
Kashmire Posted - 04/24/2007 : 18:15:11
He'll be signing to a Western team most likely, because of his situation.
San Jose is what he probably wants most but I don't think they can stay under the cap with him around. LA is a good guess though. Possibly Pheonix but I don't think he wants to go to another losing team. LA is rebuilding and has talent.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 04/24/2007 : 17:53:48
quote:
Originally posted by BigShow

As stated above, Souray is a UFA, Montreal won't get anything for him. They no longer have him under contract.

Thsi is true, no point of talking about possible trades. Unless its a sign and deal. Think there is any chance of that happening??

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)
PainTrain Posted - 04/24/2007 : 17:05:45
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4197

beans 15.. its called a 3 way deal..

tampa would trade lecavalier for blake through montreal.. k.. tampa wont be able to afford both lecavalier and st louis.. so expect one of them to go because they are going to pass their salary cap (pittsburgh is in the same situation, except they'll have players coming off rookie contracts)..

As well, tampa is going to want a stronger defenceman such as blake for one or two more years to try and win the cup, before they have to give up more players.

I think they could find a better player than Rob Blake, I think he is just to old and a good one for them would be a Eric Brewer player because they already have a great puck moving d-man Dan Boyle.
Guest4197 Posted - 04/24/2007 : 16:35:46
beans 15.. its called a 3 way deal..

tampa would trade lecavalier for blake through montreal.. k.. tampa wont be able to afford both lecavalier and st louis.. so expect one of them to go because they are going to pass their salary cap (pittsburgh is in the same situation, except they'll have players coming off rookie contracts)..

As well, tampa is going to want a stronger defenceman such as blake for one or two more years to try and win the cup, before they have to give up more players.
PainTrain Posted - 04/24/2007 : 15:27:06
quote:
Originally posted by Saku Steen

There is no way Tampa would trade Vinny for Blake. Souray dosent want to play in Montreal and probably will end up in LA. I dunno the contracts but what about Cammerlli? Would they give him up and a minor player for Souray?

I've figured it out, the guys gotta play like girls!

Cammalari was easily the Kings bes player this year, if I were the Kings I would keep him. Imagine Souray on the point getting feeds from Luby Visnovskey and Frolov Cammalari and Kopitar up front that is a good powerplay.
BigShow Posted - 04/24/2007 : 12:34:27
As stated above, Souray is a UFA, Montreal won't get anything for him. They no longer have him under contract.
Saku Steen Posted - 04/24/2007 : 11:39:00
There is no way Tampa would trade Vinny for Blake. Souray dosent want to play in Montreal and probably will end up in LA. I dunno the contracts but what about Cammerlli? Would they give him up and a minor player for Souray?

I've figured it out, the guys gotta play like girls!
BigShow Posted - 04/24/2007 : 10:46:50
I don't think Vinny will be the one the Lightning end up moving. He is the heart and soul of the team.

And as Beans said Lecavalier is worth far far more than Blake. Blake was great in his day, for the games he actually played, which wasn't a lot. The guy was constantly injured.
Beans15 Posted - 04/24/2007 : 09:55:48
Blake to Montreal?? Why?? Souray is a UFA. Why would LA give anything for him when they can get his contract in the open market??

And Blake for Lecavalier?? That is a dream. One of the top 3 players in the league commands a lot more than an aged defenseman.

On a local radio show yesterday they were talking about Lecavalier. They were saying that he is going to command at least 1 proven forward, 1 proven d-man, 2 prospects, and one or two 1st round draft picks. I tned to agree with that. He is a franchise player and easily a top 3 player in the league. Any team that wants him will have to give up a TON.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page