Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Flyers get Smith and Lupul

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SlowShot Posted - 07/01/2007 : 16:30:07
Edmonton has just dealt away Smith and Lupul to philly for pitkanen, Sanderson and a third round draft pick in 09. Looks like Philly could be the team to beat this year

I love Charles Wang
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
semin-rules Posted - 07/03/2007 : 10:28:24
I think that Philly, Anaheim, Colorado and the Rangers are going to be the top teams this year. My early favourite to win the cup is the Rangers though.

~~~Great season Senators. Good job Anaheim!!!~~~
OILINONTARIO Posted - 07/02/2007 : 21:19:52
Don't count on the Sabres to be the same team they have been without Briere and Drury. That is a HUGE HUGE loss. Did I mention the word "HUGE"?
Guest4738 Posted - 07/02/2007 : 21:09:05
Buffalo, Ottawa, Pitsburgh, Rangers will be top 4 in the conference.

That leaves 4 more spots for Flyers,Leafs,Devils,Atlanta, and ill throw in a few teams like carolina, tampa and washington to battle for the final spots.

1 Ottawa
2 Rangers
3 Buffalo
4 Pitsburgh

meaning flyers would have to beat one of those teams to get into the second round. The flyers could probably put 1 line to match with those teams but past that who do they have going up against a Drury on second line, a Roy for buffalo, or a Malkin on pitsburgh. What im trying to say is that flyers will find success in gagne and briere but dont have the depth to make much damage. Don't get me wrong though, Paul Holmgrens done an amazing job turning this team around from 15th place to a playoff team in a matter of weeks.
OILINONTARIO Posted - 07/02/2007 : 20:54:59
I would bet a large amount of cash that the Flyers will make it past the first round (that would qualify them as contenders, right?) It's been a whirlwind rebuilding process for them, and the most impressive that I can recall.
Guest4738 Posted - 07/02/2007 : 20:54:56
sorry, i forgot to include timonen though hes more of a 3rd-4th d man. If the flyers don't make any more moves it'll look as if hes there number 1 or 2 guy along with smith. That conference is going to be pretty tough as you've got the rangers who made it to the 2nd round and almost beat a solid buffalo team. With the big splash they made and hopefully hang on to shanahan, they should be the clear favourite. The pens and flyers will most likely battle for 2nd as the pens will get more mature as a group with all the kids and signed some veterans in kozlov and sydor. In NJ it will be interesting without gomez and rafalski, arguably the top two at each position. With elias, gionta, langenbruner,parise,zajac and brodeur without that solid core of d he once had, they should fight for 1 of the last playoff spots. Lastly on the island, its brutal as the only thing they really had going for them in smyth and blake is gone. Charles Wangs going to have to pull something big out of his ass. maybe he can find 20m to spend on another player.
Guest4738 Posted - 07/02/2007 : 20:46:17
philly will not be a contender....they have briere and gagne upfront who are proven with a few assests like knuble,lupul,carter,richards and i think Biron in net is pretty solid. But on D they have a stay at home defenseman in Smith but other then that they dont got much. And don't tell me Hatcher, Rathje....they're too big and should have finished their careers when the lockout hit
lyall Posted - 07/02/2007 : 20:43:14
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

Stoll will be the captain of the oilers and wow Pitkanen I can't believe Philly traded a rising superstar d-man, they do have Timmonen but Timmonen and Pitkanen could have been good.

Moreau will be captin. Horc & Pis will get the A's.

"I Was So Happy I Gave Kerry Fraser A Hug" -Bill Guerin
OILINONTARIO Posted - 07/02/2007 : 20:29:57
Pretty poor. Pitkanen,....fine. We're down Smytty and Smitty now. We lost the guy we got for Pronger. C'mon KLo! Think BIG!!!
Beans15 Posted - 07/02/2007 : 11:12:23
I think this is a good looking trade. No way Philly would have went Pitkanen for Smith straight up. Lupul might turn out well, but not under MacT. Sanderson could still throw up 50 points if he stays health and he's a solid 2nd/3rd line player.

Little scary as an Oiler fan think why the Flyers gave up on Pitkanen so soon.

I Love your Kids, IHC is the man, and The Oilers Rule. Does that make me insane??
PainTrain Posted - 07/01/2007 : 21:48:50
Stoll will be the captain of the oilers and wow Pitkanen I can't believe Philly traded a rising superstar d-man, they do have Timmonen but Timmonen and Pitkanen could have been good.
-oil-country- Posted - 07/01/2007 : 19:33:57
I like the Smith for Pitkanen part but don't like the Lupul for Sanderson part. I have a hunch that Lupul is gonna do great next season and just had bad luck this season.

Mikhailova Posted - 07/01/2007 : 19:32:30
Nah, the Rangers are. And in the West the Ducks are. All their Cup champions plus Schneider.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page