Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Are The Leafs Missing McCabe?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Antroman Posted - 12/29/2007 : 10:18:41
You bet they are!!!!! We all know the record just before the McCabe injury and the results hence. Could it be that the McCabe naysayers are wrong in their opinions of him? What do you honestly think?
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KariyaSelanne Posted - 01/06/2008 : 09:23:16
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Your league must be shallow he is not that good to make such a big difference...

I wouldn't think so at least

Habs get number 25 this year

No, its because the people around me have 3 active defensemen and I have 2. McCabe usually gets a point a game, so he's missed 9 games so far so thats 9 points right there.
MSC Posted - 01/06/2008 : 07:53:29
Quite the contrary. If the league is deep and competitive then even a loss as small as McCabe can be the difference between winning and losing.
KariyaSelanne Posted - 01/05/2008 : 17:43:46
The leafs are definetely missing McCabe, but so am I because of his injury I went from first to second in my hockey pool
Antroman Posted - 01/05/2008 : 12:10:54
Hey Pasty, I agree with you 100% on this one for sure. The Leafs except for brief flashes have not looked good since the injury and you are absolutely correct about his off ice credibility. After the puck in his own net incident I was very surprised at how the rest of the dressing room rallied behind him and publicly defended him with more than just the normal hockey cliches.
Pasty7 Posted - 01/05/2008 : 00:52:43
quote:
Originally posted by Antroman

I think we might be getting a little off topic here. I was just trying to point out the difference I see in the Leafs play since McCabe's injury. I was not trying to praise him or anything but wondering how others felt in this regard. I believe the team was 6-1-1 in the last eight before the injury and are something like 2-7-2 in the last 11 since. This might be construed as a pretty valid indication of his value to the team?

we can argue all day if mccabe is a good d man or not,,,, i'm going to paralell maccabe to lets say sheldon souray,,, first off both produce a great offensive ability but lack in a defensive roll... this however is ok if they are well paired ,,, for example souray with a guy like komisarek works,,, defensive d man with the offensive d man.,..... the big question is what players like mccabe bring to the locker room,,, i don;t know forsure and unless one of us has been in the leafs room recently its tough to know but from his conduct on the ice mccabe brings something to that team besides his nack for hitting the back of the net (weather its his own or the oppseing team) sorry had to throw that joke in there,,,, but he seems like a charactor player and when a team is struggling they need charactor as much if not more then skill and talent..... i think the leafs are in desperate need of mccabes leadershiup right now that is forsure the big thing they are missing without him in the lineup!!

Pasty
Antroman Posted - 01/03/2008 : 09:52:14
I think we might be getting a little off topic here. I was just trying to point out the difference I see in the Leafs play since McCabe's injury. I was not trying to praise him or anything but wondering how others felt in this regard. I believe the team was 6-1-1 in the last eight before the injury and are something like 2-7-2 in the last 11 since. This might be construed as a pretty valid indication of his value to the team?
tbar Posted - 01/03/2008 : 07:34:05
Their is no hiding the fact McCabe is missed out there. They did one thing right against the rangers the other day and that was play Blake with Sundin. But really I would love to believe the leafs are gonna make playoffs their just not and if they do their done 4 straight. What they should do is clean house move Tucker, Sundin, Antripov, Ponocrovski, and a chunk of their blue line. Do a complete overhaul like Philly did last year and try to make something happen for next year. And if you really like the Leafs and Sundin you would be happy to see him go to a contender maybe Detroit, Anaheim, I hate to say it Ottawa just to get his cup before he retires Hess getting old and has high value right now with the excellent season he is having.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 01/03/2008 : 06:55:44
McCabe, as much as I hate him, is important to the defense corps. The Leafs have a relativly easy schedule in the next 7 games, although four games are on the road. I thnk this will tell how much mccabe is missed.
Guest4069 Posted - 01/03/2008 : 06:39:26
"I'm a Leafs fan, and think they are missing McCabe - but that being said, the Buds are a fragile team mentally, and they are always one injury or blowout loss away from a 7 game skid.

McCabe will come back early, IMO - Leafs will scrape into the playoffs."

'ol. "I'm a Leafs fan" and "Leafs will scrape into the playoffs". Wishful thinking if you ask me. That said, the Leafs really do have to shake something up. JFJ needs to be gone in a huge way. He's done nothing for the team.

n/a Posted - 01/03/2008 : 06:22:28
I'm a Leafs fan, and think they are missing McCabe - but that being said, the Buds are a fragile team mentally, and they are always one injury or blowout loss away from a 7 game skid.

McCabe will come back early, IMO - Leafs will scrape into the playoffs.
Antroman Posted - 12/30/2007 : 09:02:30
Yeah, you are right, the problem with this team is deeper than McCabe being out. I also realize the salary he is getting is way too much and a burden on the cap. I am not a McCabe fan or a McCabe detractor. I just believe that when he is missing from the line-up the record nor their play is very good? Their overall record was around .500 when he went out but it is abysmal since his injury. There is a difference. I know he has many enemies and seems to be a guy that quite a few people just do not like, however he is popular within the club and a 30 minute defenseman who the talent poor Leafs just can't afford to lose? I knew when he went down the club would be in trouble and so did Maurice I'm afraid. Hence the blow up regarding the play after that game. With the talent base on the club being as thin as it is, the Leafs could ill afford to lose him. That was the point of this post. I sometimes think that the injury might be a blessing in disguise because it could lead to a very good top five draft pick this coming year depending of course on how low they sink. Lately, the way they are going it might just be the first pick overall? Just our luck though, we would probably lose the lottery.
vanillagorilla Posted - 12/30/2007 : 05:05:10
mccabe has been in the lineup for 80% of the season.....the leafs have only "outwon" one team in the entire NHL.....the kings.....imagine, 29 opponents and you have won more games than only one team.....this "sickness" is much deeper than is evidenced....it is much more than mccabe.....the leafs are at the point of "lets blow this sucker up and start all over"......happy 40th anniversary......
vanillagorilla Posted - 12/30/2007 : 05:00:39
antro.....2-13 with mccabe out?????.....that would be roughly the leafs record with him in the lineup also (exageration of course).... .dig past the OT and SO stuff and uncover the leafs true record........mccabe has played the same way for about 4 years now....the problem for the layman to understand is.....you can play like he does when he makes a mil a year but when he pans out 5-6 mil a year, he is an easy whipping boy for all that ails the leafs.....
Antroman Posted - 12/29/2007 : 22:16:28
Just heard on Leafs TV that the team is 2-13 going back to last season with McCabe out of the lineup.
Antroman Posted - 12/29/2007 : 21:56:44
I think that your statement regarding key players might be a little vague in this case. I think that with McCabe logging 30 plus minutes a game and now out that the fringe players on the team like Woznewski for instance are getting a lot of extra minutes and consequently the team looks to put it mildly, horrible. I know Kaberle is not the same with him gone. There is a real bond between them that seems to bring out the best in both of them. I am neither here nor there with McCabe but he was playing very well the last 12 games or so before the injury and the team hasn't been near the same since he left. I was at the Ranger game tonight and the team defense was disgusting!!!!
OILINONTARIO Posted - 12/29/2007 : 15:21:41
The past couple of seasons have shown us that the Leafs tend to excel when key players are injured. Obviously, McCabe is not a key player. That's all that I've learned from this.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page