Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Brad Richards Traded to Dallas

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 02/26/2008 : 12:33:22
The Tampa Bay Lightning have traded Brad Richards and goaltender Johan Holmqvist to the Dallas Stars for goalie Mike Smith, centre Jeff Halpern, winger Jussi Jokinen and a fourth-round pick.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=230613&hubname=

Some nice depth for the Stars
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 03/01/2008 : 05:05:15
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Now that is an impact!!!! Brad Richards is absolutely an elite player in the league. Few players could do something such as this in their first game with a new team. Wow.

I agree completely Beans.

He has had his flashes of stardem in the last couple of years but has had a hard time pretty much playing 3rd fiddle to Lecavalier and St.Louis.

Hopefully he can rebound and continue his career in the right direction with Dallas.

nashvillepreds Posted - 02/29/2008 : 14:44:49
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Look what team he is on! Plus, he gets time on the PK! Not bad for a 15th placed team.

Habs get number 25 this year

Plus minues doesn't count on the PK I believe.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Beans15 Posted - 02/29/2008 : 04:29:08
Well, if the first game is any indication of the impact that Richards will have with Dallas, I would say that all the people who said that Dallas gave up to much will eat their words!!

Brad Richards Stats from his first game with the Stars:

A little more than 19 minutes
0 Goals
5 Assists
5 Points
+2

Now that is an impact!!!! Brad Richards is absolutely an elite player in the league. Few players could do something such as this in their first game with a new team. Wow.

Jussi who????
ERTW0T9 Posted - 02/27/2008 : 06:38:40
Personally, I feel that this deal was the best for both teams out of the whole day. The Lightning solve their goaltending needs and free up valuable cap space while addressing major holes in their offensive depth. Dallas now has a dangerous two lines and don't have to use Stu Barnes as a number 2 center. I think this move was to try and push Dallas over the top and into the number 1 spot, ahead of Detroit as well as bolster their offence with a hard nosed center to compete with teams like Anaheim and SJ in the palyoffs. Good trade by both teams.
Alex Posted - 02/27/2008 : 05:45:30
I see absolutely no reason Dallas had to shake anything up, other than maybe to get a winning face to their franchise, which is an overrated intangible, in comparison to leadership, experience, etc.

Richards was not worth it. Most of the recieving teams of superstars overpaid, save the Sharks, who I feel got the better deal.

semin-rules Posted - 02/27/2008 : 05:42:25
The only thing I am a little nervous abotu is
that Dallas had such good chemisty going on
and they were doing great with the players they have,
and now with a fresh new amazing player,
it could possibly take some time to adjust to change

lets hope it doesnt though

~~~GO STARS~~~
Datsyuk 1 Posted - 02/26/2008 : 21:05:43
Thats a good pickup for Dallas. They have some strong offense now and good secondary scoring too. They have a chance at the cup.

No Pain, No Gain!
Guest4735 Posted - 02/26/2008 : 18:34:00
i think it was a good trade for both clubs, smith was a good goalie, but Turco can play lots and Holmqvist can fill in the gap for sure, plus richards has a few year left on his contract right? so he isn't a rental, they can use him.
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 02/26/2008 : 18:11:07
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

games). Actually Richards production matches the production of both Halpren and Jokinen.

Halpern was more of a defensive player so production wise its Jokinen for Richards. However Smith for Holmqvist, Dallas loses as Holmqvist is inconsistent and Smith has played well this year and at one point the stars thought they could trade Turco for a scorer and let Smith handle goaltending duties.

Go Stars
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 02/26/2008 : 16:38:14
The Stars are going all the way. A little disappointed to see jokinen go but Brad Richards will make us better in playoffs.

Go Stars
nashvillepreds Posted - 02/26/2008 : 16:14:23
It was a good deal for both sides, pretty even. The only thing I'd like people to notice is that Richards is a -25 this season.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Beans15 Posted - 02/26/2008 : 15:53:12
Alex, I gotta disagree with you on this. I think Dallas did just fine in this deal

Richards is a bonified #1 centre in the NHL. He has been playing behind Lecavalier and St. Louis and under a coach who "rides his horses" as much as he can. I think his style of play fits great into Dallas system. Richards is a play anywhere guy (PP,PK,EV), while Jokinen is pretty one dimensional and is not incredibly productive (28 points in 52 games). Actually Richards production matches the production of both Halpren and Jokinen.

Above this, Richards not only has recent experince of winning the Cup, but he was the Conn Smythe winner as well. That was over Lecavalier, St. Louis, and Khabibulin. The experience and leadership is what Richards brings in Spades over the other two skaters in the trade .

And Smith for Holmqvist is a one for one for Dallas in my books. Holmqvist is a capable back up for Turco. And a 4th round pick?? That could be junk or it could be gold. Who knows.

In the end, I actually see the deal pretty even for both teams. TB unloaded a salary and got a couple of decent player back. Dallas has shored up their centre position and got one of the games top 2 way players.

Alex Posted - 02/26/2008 : 14:21:36
Instant analysis: Lightning got way more than they dished out. The Stars are lucky they could trade Smith, so they won't miss him. But Halpern and Jussi, wow, I don't know if Richards was worth it. Throw in the pick and I don't really see how they could even begin to believe they got the better deal. The answer is obvious, they think this takes them from an average club that is in the middle of the pack when it comes to contenders, to the standout, but I don't think so.

And Holmqvist isn't going to do much but be insurance, so he is a very elusive name in that trade.

semin-rules Posted - 02/26/2008 : 14:12:59
Wow
what an all around good trade,
Lightning get some good players and a good goalie
while the Stars pickup a huge forward and another goalie in return
great great trade
I dont think anyone got a betetr end of the deal
but I think Tampa needed those players more.

Im going to miss Jussi and his shootout dangles though =[

~~~GO STARS~~~

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page