Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Fletcher Did His Duty Well

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nashvillepreds Posted - 02/26/2008 : 16:20:45
Well, some of you may not agree with me, but I think Fletcher was a very good aquisition by the leafs as their interim general manager. He has Three guy who refused to waive their no trade clauses, all may have been wanted. He didn't manage to trade Blake, that I'm upset about. Overall though, he managed to trade Gill and Belak, two guys most teas wouldn't be looking for and Kilger.

I was expecting for him to get at least one prospect, he could've possibly gotten Espo for Gill, otherwise, Toronto should be happy with what he has done. We'll just have to wait and see who Toronto drafts.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
leafsfan_101 Posted - 02/27/2008 : 18:00:20
I like the deals. Leafs need youth, and from draft picks comes youth. Belak was rotting away being scratched, Gill and Kilger freed up cap and were therefore expendable. And picks, even late ones, can be good. Consider this...

Datsyuk was picked 171st overall.
Zetterberg was picked 210th overall
Pavel Bure was picked 113 overall
Brett Hull was chosen 117 overall.
Luc Robataille was chosen 171 overall
Daniel Alffredson was selected133rd overall.
Theo Fleury was chosen 166th overall.
AND FINALLY
Dominic Hasek was chosen 207th overall.

So late round miracles do happen.

nashvillepreds Posted - 02/27/2008 : 17:43:29
Leafsfan94, why do you want Gill, he's like an elephant on skates, just he moves at the speed of a sloth. Sloths may move faster. Belak, he has like 5 career goals in 10 seasons and he hasn't played in like 20 games, the leafs were lucky to get a 5th. Kilger, he's a good player, but he's getting older. Time to move on.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Timay Posted - 02/26/2008 : 20:10:06
quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

i think he made stupid moves

the leafs did not need DRAFT PICKS

they got rid of gill who was a good defenceman for their team

they got rid of belak, well maybe hes not that good to their team but i like how he beats people up and hits and adds that grit to the team

and kilger who is a very good player just couldnt show what he could do because he never got the ice-time

i think considering the trades he made back when he managed the team in the 90's

theese ones sucked!

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

Typical Leafs fan to want to keep crappy players like Gill, Belak and Kilger. Time to start a new era.. let those guys go. Get some new young talent in that dressing room. You're upset they got rid of Belak because he beats people up? Lol.. you must've been mad when they didn't sign Domi or when they lost Corson or heck, even Clark... and as for adding grit to the team.. i think that's all Toronto has is grit. Maybe they oughta trade some grit for some talent, because in the ACC there's too much grit on the ice and the players can't skate any more.
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 02/26/2008 : 18:09:10
i think he made stupid moves

the leafs did not need DRAFT PICKS

they got rid of gill who was a good defenceman for their team

they got rid of belak, well maybe hes not that good to their team but i like how he beats people up and hits and adds that grit to the team

and kilger who is a very good player just couldnt show what he could do because he never got the ice-time

i think considering the trades he made back when he managed the team in the 90's

theese ones sucked!

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

Guest8815 Posted - 02/26/2008 : 17:11:28
quote:
Originally posted by nashvillepreds

Well, some of you may not agree with me, but I think Fletcher was a very good aquisition by the leafs as their interim general manager. He has Three guy who refused to waive their no trade clauses, all may have been wanted. He didn't manage to trade Blake, that I'm upset about. Overall though, he managed to trade Gill and Belak, two guys most teas wouldn't be looking for and Kilger.

I was expecting for him to get at least one prospect, he could've possibly gotten Espo for Gill, otherwise, Toronto should be happy with what he has done. We'll just have to wait and see who Toronto drafts.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

Pardon me?!?!?! Gill for Espo! That's insane, I wouldn't trade Espo for 3 cloned Gills!!!
pensfan17 Posted - 02/26/2008 : 16:26:17
Yes there was not much he could do. Sundin wouldn't go Kubina wouldn't go, he got some draft picks but the deals just weren't there
He didn't, however, handle his interview very well.

Malkin + Crosby + Hossa = Ownage

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page