Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Rental Player Concept

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex Posted - 02/27/2008 : 15:40:25
Rental players: agree with the concept or disagree?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tctitans Posted - 02/27/2008 : 16:02:05
I think it is a knock against the integrity of the sport. Teams should be trying to build a competative and winning franchise at draft-day and through shrewd trades. I would hate to see teams designing teams to just get into the playoffs and plan to load up at trade-deadling day with rental players. What does that say to the fans who have paid for tickets for the first 2/3rds of the season?

quote:
Originally posted by Leafs Rock Planet

It is all up to the player in this situation.
Bill Guerin and Dougie Weight im sure do not have a problem with it as they are 2 players that have bought into the whole concept in recent years.

Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 02/27/2008 : 15:51:36
It is all up to the player in this situation.

Bill Guerin and Dougie Weight im sure do not have a problem with it as they are 2 players that have bought into the whole concept in recent years.

Then you come to a player like Mats Sundin who used this reason in mainly why he did not waive his NTC.

tctitans Posted - 02/27/2008 : 15:45:32
the concept SUCKS BIG-TIME. how's that compared to undecided?

The GMs were discussing adding a new rule that would curb this. They were going to put a mandatory 1 year waiting period after a player is traded before they can play for their original team again. I fully support this great new rule.
Alex Posted - 02/27/2008 : 15:43:31
I do not like the idea, especially the way it is going. Selanne, Neidermayer, and now Forsberg are setting a trend where players can miss half the season and just sign with contenders. I think that as Sundin said, to appreciate it, you have to be part of the journey, the one that starts in October. I almost guarantee that one of the teams with rental players will win this year, and I don't like it.

Habs get number 25 this year

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page