Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Spezza for Loungo

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KeithQuinn Posted - 05/14/2008 : 18:59:02
Any one else here about the trade rumor of spezza being traded to the canucks for Loungo?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Datsyuk 1 Posted - 05/17/2008 : 00:17:23
That would be a lopsided trade in my mind. firstly Luongo hold Canucks in every game and Canucks are looking for someone who can score they don't need a playmaker, they already have the Sedin sister's. A better trade would be Heatley for Luongo but I still wouldn't do that. You could trade Luongo for gold and still be able to get Spezza.

Go Flyers Go!
pokermatt12 Posted - 05/16/2008 : 10:30:25
Although Spezza would fit in nicely with the Sedin twins, Luongo fits better between their pipes than say... Curtis Sanford

He who controls the present controls the past; he who controls the past controls the future.
Guest2720 Posted - 05/16/2008 : 10:03:35
Agreed. No chance, although Spezza is good and will get better, the Canucks are nothing without Luongo.
leigh Posted - 05/15/2008 : 16:00:01
Any team would be glad to ahve a Spezza. But not at the cost of a Luongo. They just filled the goaltending gap of many years, why would they trade to fill an offensive gap and open up between the pipes again. It just doesn't make sense. I call bulls***.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 05/15/2008 : 14:42:55
Vancouver would be stupid to make that move. Spezza is one of the softest skilled players in the NHL and is while he is a good player who has put up impressive point totals in ottawa I just dont think he is worth Roberto Luongo. The knock on the Canucks for years was that they never had a franchise goalie (Kirk McLean being the exception for a few years...) so why would they just give him up for a playmaker who is soft on the other side of the puck? I think Spezza still has a ton of potential to be a franchise player but at this point and time I think it would be unwise..
Guest2162 Posted - 05/15/2008 : 06:05:10
As an ottawa fan -- where do I sign on the dotted line?

If that offer is out there and Ottawa does not make the trade, Murray should be fired....

People will complain that Heatley needs Spezza -- don't think so! Let Alfie feed him the puck and all will be fine.

Spezza is a disaster on the "D" side of the puck and too many "cute" moves at the blue line.

With a #1 goalie -- they can let the "O" roll and not have to worry about the "soft" goal!!!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page