Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Forget the Habs Vinny Loves Oil

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pasty7 Posted - 01/25/2009 : 09:42:08
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/01/25/lecavalier_oilers/

according to sportsnet the latest Lecavalier rumor is that monday he will be sporting a Edmonton Oilers jersey! for some reason this i can see... granted Lawton Denies it 110% but didn;t he say something similar about a certain ALL STAR defenceman>??

Pasty
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Porkchop73 Posted - 01/27/2009 : 15:13:47
quote:
Originally posted by DangleFest89

quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Ok, so there have been no players named, but here is my speculations.

3 Players - Nielsson, Pisani, Grebeskov
2 Prospects - Eberle and ????
Draft Picks.

Seriously, not that bad of a deal for both sides. As much as my friend Danglefest will disagree, this will be no means depleats the Oilers Depth. They have stock piled draft picks and prospects over the past 3 years and they have a wealth of depth in their farm system.

And to get one of the top 5 players in the league??? A guy who has a 10 year contract?? That is something you can build around. Plus, He and Hemsky are about the same age and would be a very nice duo for the next decade.

I, like most others, think this deal will not happen. But, it would make the Oilers a better team today and give them a key player to build the team around.

haha funny Beans but they want more than Grebs on D try Gilbert as well maybe Petry or Peckham also cogs would be part of the deal or gags my guess would be, Vinny is there Franchise remember

Fowards- Cogs or Gags Bobby Schremp Brule Eberle
Defense- Grebs Gilbert Peckham or Petry
and 2 first rounders atleast

Getting a Top 10 player in the NHL is hard, I do agree Oilers have a ton of depth but most of there young guns have not truely proven to become NHL caliper sure all is young thank god but have you really seen anyone stand out. look at our AHL team stats if you think other wise.

You forgot to add the whole future of the Oilers by giving away the players you selected. I don't think that even JFJ would have done that(well maybe he would have). Any deal for Lecavalier will be;
2 established 40 point or more players
2 prospects (1 of which will be the best prospect in the organization)
1 first round pick and likely and 2nd or 3rd.
DangleFest89 Posted - 01/27/2009 : 14:38:33
and yes i no your going to say its says 3 players 2 prospects and Draft pics but honestly you think that little for Vinny in the Article bahaha
DangleFest89 Posted - 01/27/2009 : 14:29:04
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Draft Picks.

Seriously, not that bad of a deal for both sides. As much as my friend Danglefest will disagree, this will be no means depleats the Oilers Depth. They have stock piled draft picks and prospects over the past 3 years and they have a wealth of depth in their farm system.

And to get one of the top 5 players in the league??? A guy who has a 10 year contract?? That is something you can build around. Plus, He and Hemsky are about the same age and would be a very nice duo for the next decade.

I, like most others, think this deal will not happen. But, it would make the Oilers a better team today and give them a key player to build the team around.

haha funny Beans but they want more than Grebs on D try Gilbert as well maybe Petry or Peckham also cogs would be part of the deal or gags my guess would be, Vinny is there Franchise remember

Fowards- Cogs or Gags Bobby Schremp Brule Eberle
Defense- Grebs Gilbert Peckham or Petry
and 2 first rounders atleast

Getting a Top 10 player in the NHL is hard, I do agree Oilers have a ton of depth but most of there young guns have not truely proven to become NHL caliper sure all is young thank god but have you really seen anyone stand out. look at our AHL team stats if you think other wise.

Beans15 Posted - 01/27/2009 : 09:39:05

Draft Picks.

DangleFest89 Posted - 01/25/2009 : 14:40:56
Be nice to have a Superstar with Hemmer but how much we would have to give up would it be worth it. like Oilers have alot of depth but it be gone after this trade
Guest9235 Posted - 01/25/2009 : 12:23:34
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/01/25/lecavalier_oilers/

according to sportsnet the latest Lecavalier rumor is that monday he will be sporting a Edmonton Oilers jersey! for some reason this i can see... granted Lawton Denies it 110% but didn;t he say something similar about a certain ALL STAR defenceman>??

Pasty

I dont want this deal to happen. With what the Oilers offered its giving up way too much for 1 guy

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page