Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 TRADE SPECULATION

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hockster Posted - 02/07/2009 : 07:51:46
NYR and Preds pro scouts have followed the flames across the continent for the past couple weeks in rumours that the flames would like to aquire ranger forward Nigel dawes, and also trade matt lombardi straight up to the preds for dan hamhuis

I don't bring the controversey it comes to me.

Iginla for 2010 team captain!!!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4628 Posted - 02/07/2009 : 10:13:58
As a long time Flames fan, I have to say it's time to let Lombardi go. Great speed, great penalty killer, but he just didn't have the breakout season that we've all been waiting for and I suspect it's in part due to the fact we don't have room for him to crack the top two lines.
As a fan, I'd like to see him excel but unfortunately, the Flames will have to trade him to a team that needs him more than us for that to happen.
Beans15 Posted - 02/07/2009 : 09:02:37
Wow, I am in absolute shock. I think this is the first time in months that someone has posted a trade that doesn't only make sense, but is something I can actually see happening.

Calgary is more than likely going to lose Aucoin in the off season. A move to pick up Hamhuis for Lombardi means that Calgary pays out no additional salary (Lombardi and Hamhuis are like $150,000 apart). Above the, the best thing for Calgary is that they now have Aucoin's $4 million on top of the $3.6 million Cammellarri is getting today to resign him. So, they loose Lombardi and Aucoin and get Hamhuis and keep Cammellarri??? That's a brilliant hockey move.

Nashville on the other side as Nichol. Fiddler, and Bonk all UFA Centre's next year. Adding Lombardi to the fold brings in a 3 line centre who can play anywhere in a pinch. Lossing Hamhuis is not a great move, but he might be looking for some cash after next season and Weber and Suter are the stud d-men in Nashville for the future.

As far as the Nigel Dawes trades, who knows. But the Hamhuis for Lombardi straight up is a nice deal.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page