Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Peca a Leaf!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pucker Posted - 07/18/2006 : 08:35:13
Its official, Mike Peca signed with the Toronto Maple Leafs for one year at $2.5 mill. They had options with Anson Carter and Jason Allison but went with Peca and I think it was the right decision. I have never liked Peca because he was once a Canuck and then was traded and ever since then has been a great role player. He has not been the same since he took that huge hit from Tucker but as he proved in the playoffs he is still valuable.

So what does this mean for Carter? Salary Caps are filling up and he is still waiting for his 3 year $9 million.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Myles06-07 Posted - 11/05/2006 : 07:50:55
Peca sucks dillhole.
Ryan Harper Posted - 07/24/2006 : 08:53:50
I agree on the rental player assessment. And since TO didn't have to give up anything, I guess it wasn't a bad move. $2.5 is high but even at $4 million in Edmonton, he did pay off in the end. I guess we will see.
bablaboushka Posted - 07/21/2006 : 15:08:40
I have never really had much faith in Peca as a player because I find him to be inconsistent (could just be me). He's like the Sabres are to me; no matter how much success they might have, I can never really give them enough credit. So personally I don't think he's worth 2.5 million but I think he's one of those great "rent-a-player"s, as shown by his late-season/playoff success this past year.
Ryan Harper Posted - 07/21/2006 : 09:53:08
King played with the Moose last year scoring 33 points in 36 games. His season started late as he was recovering from a major concussion for at least a year. He will be one of three guys given a chance to play with the Sedins now that Carter will not be signed: Jason King, Josef Balej, and Jesse Schultz.

If he has truly recovered from the concussions then he is definitely an NHL player. I have never heard the Mattress line - that is awesome.

PS, thoughts on the Peca signing?
bablaboushka Posted - 07/21/2006 : 08:03:33
Slightly off Peca's subject but speaking of the Sedin's...

Whatever happened to Jason King? Is he still playing for the Moose? I liked that line better... the Mattress Line (Two twins and a king) he he.
Ripley Posted - 07/20/2006 : 20:19:03
2.2 million tops. if he did this for a couple years and did it with other linemates then maybe 3 million but he has proven nothing yet. I think it was the sedins that made him better, not the other way around.
slapshot Posted - 07/19/2006 : 08:55:16
Detroit is supposed to be interested and they have some money to spend with Shanahan and Yzerman gone. But they kinda already have enough scorers don't you think? Plus I dont see anyone giving him 9 million over 3 yrs.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page