Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Where will Carter end up?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ryan Harper Posted - 08/02/2006 : 07:56:05
Out here in Vancouver we are all curious to see where Anson Carter will land. It has been over a month since the start of free agency and he is still without a team. Though I can't blame him for wanting to cash in after a good season, it seems like he is asking too much and this has caused him to be the last star UFA remaining.

Prediction:
He will be signed after most of the arbitration rulings come down. If Detroit doesn't get a forward by trade I think he will end up their - 1 year, 2.5 million.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ryan Harper Posted - 08/24/2006 : 11:56:33
Word is that Montreal is trying desperately to free up enough space to sign Dumont to a long term deal. Bonk is rumored to be on his way to Washington but I really don t see that happening. Also lots of rumors involving Ryder and Markov. Stay tuned

Interesting George...

Today I am hearing that the Canucks may be talking with NYR for a Cooke for Prucha straight up deal. That way they free up $1 million and puts them in contention to land either Carter or Dumont ( I prefer Dumont)
George Zoran Posted - 08/21/2006 : 08:16:39
Word is that Montreal is trying desperately to free up enough space to sign Dumont to a long term deal. Bonk is rumored to be on his way to Washington but I really don't see that happening. Also lots of rumors involving Ryder and Markov. Stay tuned
Ryan Harper Posted - 08/17/2006 : 14:14:40
Now that JP Dumont had Buffalo walk away from his arbitration award -Carter has some competition.

PS. Completely agree with your assessment of Boyes. Unfortunately, us out West didn't get to see these wonderful rookies play much this year.
Ripley Posted - 08/09/2006 : 14:33:49
Any word on Carter yet? I haven't heard a peep lately. He's really the last guy of interest to sign.
bablaboushka Posted - 08/03/2006 : 22:22:12
There, Brad Boyes who will be a sophomore and finished third in rookie scoring (we all know who finished 1st and 2nd) got $3 million for two years. This guy is going to be a superstar I have no doubt in years to come. Now he is very young but to play the comparing game there's just no way Carter deserves anything more than Boyes. Boston must be absolutely thrilled about this contract cause for $1.5 million a year, I think he will be one of the biggest bargains in the NHL this year. I'd give Carter this same amount TOPS.

P.S. Boyes had more points this past year in his rookie season than Carter has in the last 3 seasons combined.
goon Posted - 08/03/2006 : 08:21:01
I read this morning that Toronto is looking to trade Antropov and or Stajan to free up some cap room for Carter.

I agree with you prowlershockey. The Canucks have made a number of moves but the Bulis signing probably guaranteed that Carter won't be back because all the money is gone. I just hope they sign Linden soon. Do you think Bulis will play on the top line? If not then who?

prowlershockey Posted - 08/02/2006 : 22:38:16
Vancouver has already spent the money they offered to Carter on guys like Chournard and Bulis. Rumour has it the nucks offered him $1.8 million while he was asking for $3 million. If Carter wants to sign with the canucks, it'll have to be for $1.2 - $1.5 mil. I don't see that happening, considering he scored 33 goals, but you could of put a pylon with the sedins and it would score 33 goals.

My call.... Carter will be replaced with a young kid making $500,000 or Bulis and will score at least 25 goals.
leigh Posted - 08/02/2006 : 17:56:43
I think he'll be too embarrassed re-sign here now after such a long time in the market without any good offers (good by his standards, that is) He'll sign somewhere else for less money than he is asking for now.
slapshot Posted - 08/02/2006 : 08:23:37
I predict he will end up back in Vancouver for 2 million one year deal. We need someone to play with the Sedins and who better than Krusty the Clown?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page