Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Canucks - 2009 Free Agents

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hockster Posted - 04/28/2009 : 14:49:31
canucks have the majority of their key players up for free agetns in the next couple years what do you guys think will happen?
this:
sedin
sedin
sundin
bernier(RFA)
Pyatt(RFA)
wellwood
rypien(4)
hansen(rfa)
ohlund
obrien(RFA)
davison
baumgartener
labarbera
sanford

NEXT:
demitra
kesler(RFA)
johnson
raymond(RFA)
mitchell
luongo

currently 2 mil from the ceiling which is expected to go down.
they are in tough.
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hockster Posted - 05/05/2009 : 17:58:12
i have to agree with beans on the luongo to TO deal.

basically the nucks have 23 million to sign all those guys this year alone with the sedins in my opinion 6mil each players taht leaves 11 million to sign the rest (12 players not including oulett and krog who are also free agents) they are gonna have to lose some guys no doubt. if they gave them all a million which is pre much the min for all these guys at least for some way more then they still dont have enough.
mark my words big change is coming
Guest7668 Posted - 05/05/2009 : 17:19:05
Sedin Twins - 5.5 each
Sundin-retires or goes elsewhere
bernier(RFA)-Free market
Pyatt(RFA)- resigns for similar value
Cowan - free market
Vanannen - free market
wellwood-1 million
rypien(4)-small raise
hansen(rfa)-1 million
ohlund- Free market
obrien(RFA)-resigns for similar value
davison-resigns for similar value
baumgartener-free market
labarbera-free market
sanford-similar

So now you have Sundin at 3.5 million, Ohlund at 3.5 million and Bernier at 2.5 million,Vanannen at 1 million, Baumgartener at under a million, and Cowan at 725 thousand leaving this summer. You now have 12.5 million to spend on raises and new signings. The Twins if they stay will most likely have to take no more than 5.5 mill each, that means a two million dollar increase each. So that leaves roughly 8.5 million. I see no reason why we wouldn't be able to resign key players such as the Sedin twins provided they want to stay. As well as sign a big name player to replace Ohlund on the blue line such as Jay Bouwmeester who has expressed interest in playing in the Canadian market for a cup contender. With Luongo (who he played with in Florida) the defensive core we have and if the Twins resign, I don't see why he wouldn't want to play in Vancouver.

If the Twins decide to be greedy and go elsewhere (such as Toronto) Then that gives Gillis another 11 million dollars tacked onto that 8.5 million to bring in replacements...Gaborik anyone? Playing with with Demitra again?

Not to mention that the Manitoba Moose had the best record in the AHL this year with Jason Krog, Michael Grabner and Michel Ouillet all having great seasons. Grabner is more than ready to step into the Canucks line up as a third line player which replaces the hole left by Bernier, and at a much reduced salary.

The Canucks are more than alright and will be a true contender for the next few years.

NEXT:
demitra-resigns for similar value
kesler(RFA)-minimal raise
johnson-raise
raymond(RFA)-raise
mitchell-raise
luongo-raise to 7 million

As for next year everyone, Kesler has already said that in this market you have to accept that you aren't always going to get what you're worth and said he'd take a discount to stay and play with Burrows and the Canucks. Mark him in for 3 mill or less. Mitchell won't ask for much more than 4 million. As for Lui, well he wants to win and rightly so. As long as you have a contender and are willing to win, he'll stay on. Especially being named Captain.
Beans15 Posted - 05/04/2009 : 13:34:06
quote:
Originally posted by hanley6

Luongo will sign with the Leafs, hahaha I can dream

Might not be too much of a Dream. Honestly, Luongo is in the prime of his career and only has 1 more season on his deal. I think your favorite goalie's contract also runs out at the same time. If Vancouver continues their recent past success(ie making the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs but no further) he might want to leave. I think that if the Sedin's leave in the offseason and are not replaced with quality players, Luongo will leave for sure.

If Burke can prove in the next 12 months that he is on a path to success, there is no reason why Luongo wouldn't be interested. And Burke would definately pay top dollar to get a player of that caliber as well as market appeal to Toronto.

I don't think it's that much of a dream at all.
hanley6 Posted - 05/04/2009 : 13:27:27
Luongo will sign with the Leafs, hahaha I can dream
Guest9581 Posted - 05/04/2009 : 13:04:25
Higgsy.... WITH ALL DUE RESPECT.... canucks did not overachieve this year, they had a decent team, and collapsed in late december til all star break, and had a late run into the playoffs and carried the momentum. they will make the playoffs often in the near future, mark my words. ps. i never played hockey in AHL, OHL, WHL, or NHL.

sedins -resign for 10m together, wont be too hard
sundin -resign with cut or he can retire or do watever
bernier(RFA) - resign approx same, else can be replaced fairly easily.
Pyatt(RFA) - resign approx same or can go, he wasnt needed for the late run cnuacks had anyway
wellwood - raise
rypien(4) - resign same
hansen(rfa) - resign same
ohlund - resign same
obrien(RFA) - resign same maybe small raise
davison - gone
baumgartener - gone
labarbera/sanford - keep one prefer labarbera with same

NEXT:
demitra - resign one mroe yr similar or gone
kesler(RFA) - raise
johnson - raise
raymond(RFA) - raise
mitchell - raise
luongo - similar
Rambo2305 Posted - 05/04/2009 : 12:01:51
quote:
Originally posted by Higgsy

They over acheived this year and will never make the playoffs until they rebuild again, mark my words.

I agree they are losing too much

Ex-NHL, AHL and, OHL player. Black Hawks Devils Red Wings. Tim Higgins (career 78-89) Scored 59 points in my best season, I think I know hockey.

Um....WTF?? all due respect, do you really expect anyone to take you seriously with that comment?

"Everytime you step out onto the ice, it's a clean slate, anyone can win"
mard65 Posted - 05/01/2009 : 09:36:06
You're a fraud! I'm going to start claiming I'm an ex-NHLer to gain some cred here!
quote:

They over acheived this year and will never make the playoffs until they rebuild again, mark my words.

Ex-NHL, AHL and, OHL player. Black Hawks Devils Red Wings. Tim Higgins (career 78-89) Scored 59 points in my best season, I think I know hockey.

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/30/2009 : 13:40:23
This year team payed 53.848 million this year but 31.283 million sign without Sundin, Ohlund and the Sedins. I say if they can sign Sundin for 4-5 million and Ohlund for 4 million its a good chance they could resing the twins for 10 million.

Lababera was a quick fix and should go this off season. Pyatt is an if'y. Wellwood should resign at his 1 million level, give or take a few.

Bernier is the real trick here. He is not worth too much more than his 2.5 but probably wont sign here for roughly the same. He is a good player but they should trade him.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 04/30/2009 : 12:47:25
you guys should be GMs, youve got it figured out.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Rambo2305 Posted - 04/30/2009 : 11:40:30
If Vancouver doesn't figure out a way to clear up cap space...FAST! This team will look very different next year, and my not be as good, even with Loungo.

hockster Posted - 04/29/2009 : 18:34:15
sedin-raise
sedin-raise
sundin-moderate cut
bernier(RFA)-raise
Pyatt(RFA)-raise
wellwood-raise
rypien(4)-raise
hansen(rfa)-raise
ohlund-raise
obrien(RFA)-simialr
davison-similar
baumgartener-similar
labarbera-cut
sanford-similar

NEXT:
demitra-similar
kesler(RFA)-raise
johnson-raise
raymond(RFA)-raise
mitchell-raise
luongo-pends on if he takes hometown cut

they all are yound guys improvng none will take less than current salary and many (Kesler,sedins) will need significant increase in salary only bout 2 mil from the cap at seasons end.
hockster Posted - 04/29/2009 : 18:31:28
quote:
Sedins -> Re-Sign..depends on playoff performance
Sundin -> Retire or Sign for one more year in Vancouver then Retire?
Bernier-> Re-sign
Pyatt -> Open Market
Wellwood -> Re-sign
Rypien -> Re-sign
Hansen -> Re-sign
Ohlund -> Re-Sign
Obrien -> Re-sign
Davison -> Open Market
Baumgartener -> Re-Sign
Labarbera/Sanford -> Labarbera/Sanford: Open Market

Demitra -> Re-Sign..depending on who his linemates might be
Kesler -> Re-sign
Johnson -> Re-sign
Raymond -> Re-sign
Mitchell -> Re-Sign
Luongo -> Re-sign

o so your assuming they all sign for 1 million dollars sure fans would like that but canucks dont ahve the money to pulll off all those resignings

Iginla for 2010 team captain.
Flames for cup...eventually.
Guest4658 Posted - 04/29/2009 : 13:49:04
Sedins -> Re-Sign..depends on playoff performance
Sundin -> Retire or Sign for one more year in Vancouver then Retire?
Bernier-> Re-sign
Pyatt -> Open Market
Wellwood -> Re-sign
Rypien -> Re-sign
Hansen -> Re-sign
Ohlund -> Re-Sign
Obrien -> Re-sign
Davison -> Open Market
Baumgartener -> Re-Sign
Labarbera/Sanford -> Labarbera/Sanford: Open Market

Demitra -> Re-Sign..depending on who his linemates might be
Kesler -> Re-sign
Johnson -> Re-sign
Raymond -> Re-sign
Mitchell -> Re-Sign
Luongo -> Re-sign
Rambo2305 Posted - 04/29/2009 : 05:44:38
Sedins -> Toronto
Sundin -> Retire?
Bernier/Pyatt -> Re-sign in Vancouver
Wellwood -> Re-sign
Rypien -> Re-sign
Hansen -> Re-sign
Ohlund -> Done in Vancouver
Obrien -> Re-sign
Davison -> Re-sign
Baumgartener -> Open market
Labarbera/Sanford -> Nucks will choose one to go after

Demitra -> GONE
Kesler -> Re-sign
Johnson -> Re-sign
Raymond -> Re-sign
Mitchell -> 50/50
Luongo -> Re-sign

Guest4948 Posted - 04/28/2009 : 19:45:33
quote:

That's so absurd that it's comical. Sedin twins with the same pt per game pace they've had the past 3 or 4 years certainly isn't over achieving. Kesler and Burrows finally getting a chance to play on 1st and 2nd lines and taking advantage of the promotions can hardly be considered overachieving either. Kesler, FYI was just nominated for the Selke, Burrows name has come up in the 2010 conversation, and while i think that's a stretch, it shows you what hockey people think. Sundin, if nothing else, under achieved, Demitra had the season most Canucks fans expected i'm sure. So, do tell us, who over achieved in Vancouver for a team that was one of the hottest down the stretch and is arguably the hottest right now......Oh, maybe Luongo? Yeah, must have been him. I think they prob only expected 8 shutouts from him, must be him you're referring to..........
hockster Posted - 04/28/2009 : 16:39:02
quote:
hockster I know you want to get some topics going, but you need to remember that all those contracts are up and there will be more than 2 million dollars. Canucks have 20million to sign players they want for next year. I agree that the roster will change. But I don't think Sundin will be back leaving alot of money to sign other players.

but they have signed edler and burrows to contracts combined worth more tahn sundins and they do not start till their curretn one expires(this summer) they will ahve around 15 million to get all those guys.

you have to expect even with a discount the sdins will be 5.5 apiece. tahts 11 million right there for this season. taht gives you four million to fill out the roster not including invitable losses of ohlund and sundin its a tough haul.

also kesler has state when his contract expires he will not take a discount so he will want about 3 mil the next season along with a luongo raise because if he is gone then you might as wel fold up tent.

Iginla for 2010 team captain.
Flames for cup...eventually.
Bozonator Posted - 04/28/2009 : 15:37:00
hockster I know you want to get some topics going, but you need to remember that all those contracts are up and there will be more than 2 million dollars. Canucks have 20million to sign players they want for next year. I agree that the roster will change. But I don't think Sundin will be back leaving alot of money to sign other players.
Higgsy Posted - 04/28/2009 : 15:05:47

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page