Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Canadiens - 2009 Free Agents

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hockster Posted - 04/28/2009 : 14:51:35
with koviu,kovalev,komisarik,tanguay, and lang all free agents big change is coming in montreal

i belive like tampabay as well as flyers they will attempt to make a quick rebuild because hey still have some potential and youngsters it reamins however to be sen if they will end up like philly or the dismal lightning

what do you guys think about the chances of a montreal overhaul and how well do you think it will work???
23   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest2265 Posted - 05/14/2009 : 15:08:43
With many of these guys free agents first thing is first sing your captian he has been a good captian for years keep koviu. Next they keep lang and kovalve they where both good players. they would be lucky if they could sing the other 2 but I belive that tanguay will go back to colorado or he will go to tampa. But tanguay is gone. But they need a goalie that can go far in the playoffs so if the got money to spend bring in the bulinwall.
Guest2819 Posted - 05/14/2009 : 14:33:48
I would say if the habs dont sign koivu and kovalev all the got who has good leadership is markov and higgins.. im pretty sure higgins is a free agent too... well that leaves markov.. who will be the assistant capitans.. IF THE HABS ARE SMART , YOU CANT HAVE A SCORING DEFENSEMAN AS A CAPITAN. you need someone who speaks up ( unlike markov ) and someone who is willing to pass and work everywhere on the powerplay .

koivu- should sign because without him you dont got much leadership left

kovalev - this guys gets 70 points a year. whith 30 nhl tem and 23 players on each team that mean maybe 350 players.. only a 1/4 of them get over 50. 70 is really good for a guy that gets paid 4 mill a year

tanguay - a simple must sign . hes the big forward the habs need

lang - hes a good 2 year guy hes 39 and healing from a archillies
tendon injury . hes gonna be a bit slower but hes a keeper

komosarek - who else is gonna stand up for people other than laraque

higgins ( maybe free agent ) - they got no depth on the leadership
this kid is who they need.. in 3 years hes gonna be a tank on skates
hes gonna get over 50 every year and when koivu is gone and they have
no more good guys for capitain . their gonna ppick him.

case closed
pensfan17 Posted - 05/07/2009 : 16:23:11
Guest 8241, he is talking about Yannick Weber, not Shea Weber.
Guest9244 Posted - 05/07/2009 : 16:16:32
55 point as 5 million is still is worth 90000$ per point... which is about the same as crosby and better than alot other people. the fact of the matter is that kovalev only play half the year but when he plays he can win you a game which is well worth it.
Guest8241 Posted - 05/07/2009 : 12:26:05
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6228

kovalev is going to pitsberg.. line mates with crosby? or country men malkin..

koivu.. who knows but he should be 2nd line player at best
komisarek, keep him he's valuable if he plays with markov. (hamerlick should be traded)

higgins is going to an american team where he will get ice time just like ryder did.

tanguay signs for 5 or less for 1st line duties and lang signs for 3rd line duties. mtl needs someone up front a 1st line center.

mtl options... go after the sedins? trade for lecavalier??? they would probably need to give an arm and a leg... but if they can slip hamerliks contract in there do it and go for beauchemin and j bo.
imagine a D
Markov Komisarek
j bo beauchemin
weber georges solid !

forwards
tanguay - empty - latendress
andrei - koivu - d'agostini
pacioretty - lang - lapierre
- metropolit- laraque

it would be a good mix of vets and rooks. physical with lapierre and latendress and skill with tanguay and andrei and heart with lang and koivu.

in the the end, this is still a fantasy team.. who knows what mtl is going to do. but if it was me keep the young goalies let them split duty and make the defence great around them. and they need one solid forward.

Your nickname must be dreamer! Bouwmeester would not sign with Montreal, simple. Beauchemin is staying in Anahiem. Weber, going to a contender, Komisarek...he's worth a laugh, no more then 1.5 for him, overrated! LOL As for your forwards, Saku, as Timberlake would say..."now you're GONE!"...I'll get to the point, Montreal, home of the 11th place Canadiens in 09-10...
Guest8241 Posted - 05/07/2009 : 12:20:27
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9244

its funny........................
Did u know kovalev was making only 4,5 million a year???????????? overpayed..... look at all the other nhl teams and tell me! kovalev got 65 points ... which would be 69000 per point.
Crosby is paid 9 million? 87000 per point
Spezza 8 million? 109000 per point
briere 8 million? 320000 per point
i could name alot of player but seriously you guys talk alot without knowing that he is actually a very productive player for the salary he has. I hope that he signs with montreal again , but not for anything over 5 million cause 70 points year is all hes gonna get but in this day in the nhl a 70 point season garanteed is worth 5 million dollars.

I'll call it now, Kovalev will have no more then 55 PTS next year...
Odin Posted - 05/07/2009 : 11:23:57
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6228

komisarek, keep him he's valuable if he plays with markov. (hamerlick should be traded)

higgins is going to an american team where he will get ice time just like ryder did.

tanguay signs for 5 or less for 1st line duties and lang signs for 3rd line duties. mtl needs someone up front a 1st line center.

mtl options... go after the sedins? trade for lecavalier??? they would probably need to give an arm and a leg... but if they can slip hamerliks contract in there do it and go for beauchemin and j bo.
imagine a D
Markov Komisarek
j bo beauchemin
weber georges solid !

forwards
- metropolit- laraque

it would be a good mix of vets and rooks. physical with lapierre and latendress and skill with tanguay and andrei and heart with lang and koivu.

in the the end, this is still a fantasy team.. who knows what mtl is going to do. but if it was me keep the young goalies let them split duty and make the defence great around them. and they need one solid forward.

Good analysis, but I will add that when they had the Koivu-Tanguay-Latendresse line together at the start of the year, there was actually some REALLY good chemistry there. But then Latendresse got injured and when he came back he was on the 3rd line for some reason.

As far as Kovalev goes, yes I know exactly how much he makes,his problem is consistency. He got 65 points but a good chunk of that came towards the end of the year when he was playing with Koivu and Tanguay. Also some good chemistry on that line but left them thin elsewhere. If they can get him for $3M, then I say yes, anything more then see ya later. But what I can't understand is why Gainey broke that line up to put Laraques on the first line.
Guest6228 Posted - 05/07/2009 : 08:15:53

imagine a D
Markov Komisarek
j bo beauchemin
weber georges solid !

forwards
- metropolit- laraque

Guest9244 Posted - 05/06/2009 : 06:44:59
its funny........................
Did u know kovalev was making only 4,5 million a year???????????? overpayed..... look at all the other nhl teams and tell me! kovalev got 65 points ... which would be 69000 per point.
Crosby is paid 9 million? 87000 per point
Spezza 8 million? 109000 per point
briere 8 million? 320000 per point
i could name alot of player but seriously you guys talk alot without knowing that he is actually a very productive player for the salary he has. I hope that he signs with montreal again , but not for anything over 5 million cause 70 points year is all hes gonna get but in this day in the nhl a 70 point season garanteed is worth 5 million dollars.
Gusteroni Posted - 05/05/2009 : 11:19:56
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

no definatley not. Koivu is all class, something montreal as a whole was without alot of this year. I could see them parting ways just for the sake of change. Its hard to replace a guy who has meant so much to the franchise. Us leaf fans had to deal with Sundin leaving town, mind you all the trade talk and bs that went on makes the situation a little different, but its a wierd feeling nonetheless. I just dont see anyone on that roster that is captain material besides Koivu though. Who knows what Gainey is going to do.

If you had to pick a captain for the habs besides Koivu, who is it? I guess Kovalev if he comes back... i never liked him though, so im a little biased.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".

I think Markov could be the next captain if Koivu is gone which I think will happen. It might not matter on what Gainey is going to do cause he might not have a job for the next season. With a new owner (maybe), a new GM (maybe), a new coaching staff and probably an entirely new team the Canadiens are in re-build status and in my opinion that is long overdue.

"There are only two seasons. Hockey season and not hockey season."
Odin Posted - 05/05/2009 : 09:07:17
quote:

no definatley not. Koivu is all class, something montreal as a whole was without alot of this year. I could see them parting ways just for the sake of change. Its hard to replace a guy who has meant so much to the franchise. Us leaf fans had to deal with Sundin leaving town, mind you all the trade talk and bs that went on makes the situation a little different, but its a wierd feeling nonetheless. I just dont see anyone on that roster that is captain material besides Koivu though. Who knows what Gainey is going to do.

If you had to pick a captain for the habs besides Koivu, who is it? I guess Kovalev if he comes back... i never liked him though, so im a little biased.

As has been mnetioned, I think it is a little too early for this question as their roster for next season is up in the air. If they don't bring Koivu back, I think Lang would be a good candidate for captain if he is healthy and they can resign him. I actually think Higgins would make a good captain as well. Or maybe a Lapierre, all heart. If they resign Komisarek, he would be a good candidate as well. I know some people here want Komisarek gone, but he has one bad year. With all the d-men we have lost, I don't think losing another would be a good thing. Giving him more responsibilty might light a fire under his butt!

As for those touting Gaborik, his porcelain like stature scares the hell out of me, especially with the money he will be commanding.
Rambo2305 Posted - 05/04/2009 : 12:04:50
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

Dropping these 5 opens cap space for Gaborik, Hossa or Lecavelier!?* Probably wont get Lecavelier but Hossa and/or Gaborik would be good fit.

Montreal would be stupid to let Kovalev go. Kovalev not well liked no matter what contributions he presents. I've never seen a player so hated for leading his team in points. He is the most important of this group here for Montreal. Lang and Tanguay should sign back in Montreal. Both well like player's with good offense not huge $$$
players

THANK YOU!!!! finally another person that doesn't think Komisarek is god!!!
Koivu should move on. Need new leadership and he would do well on a new team. Who care if Komisarik signs or doesnt sign he is not an good player just a filler.

"Everytime you step out onto the ice, it's a clean slate, anyone can win"
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/30/2009 : 12:59:09
Dropping these 5 opens cap space for Gaborik, Hossa or Lecavelier!?* Probably wont get Lecavelier but Hossa and/or Gaborik would be good fit.

Montreal would be stupid to let Kovalev go. Kovalev not well liked no matter what contributions he presents. I've never seen a player so hated for leading his team in points. He is the most important of this group here for Montreal. Lang and Tanguay should sign back in Montreal. Both well like player's with good offense not huge $$$
players

Koivu should move on. Need new leadership and he would do well on a new team. Who care if Komisarik signs or doesnt sign he is not an good player just a filler.
Rambo2305 Posted - 04/30/2009 : 11:38:24
Does anyone know when Markov is a free agent?

Axey Posted - 04/30/2009 : 10:07:24
Koivu - I believe his time is up in Montreal, thank you for the effort but we need change.
Kovalev - I think he will want too much money, but if there is no interest from other teams who knows.
Komisarek - I think he should go, time to bring up the kids and he had a brutal year.
Tanguay - I think will be back, but I find him too soft. Injuries he has had all year are questionable.
Lang - Will be back definitely, I love this guy.
Plekanec - The most disappointing player all year, I think we should get rid of the guy my self.

I hope we sign a big name to replace either Kovalev or Koivu in the offseason, Gaborik is the name I'm looking for.
MSC Posted - 04/29/2009 : 12:59:32
Kovalev is exactly what a Captain shouldn't be. It's to early to predict a replacement for Koivu as Captain. To many ifs ands and buts involved regarding incoming and outgoing players.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 04/29/2009 : 12:53:03

Odin Posted - 04/29/2009 : 12:44:10
quote:

I wouldnt say Koivu is overrated, I think hes rated exactly how he should be. A solid 2nd line centre, with the heart of a lion but hes about the size of a house cat.

I'd take Koivu on my team any day. He's getting up there in age and I wouldn't build around him, but if im a contending team I'd seriously consider him for my 2nd or 3rd line hole.

The Koivu era in Montreal is over I think.

You could be right. His time could be over in Montreal, but that would be due to the fans and media getting on his case and the wonderful political climate there. He has never been greedy about contracts.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 04/29/2009 : 10:29:46
I wouldnt say Koivu is overrated, I think hes rated exactly how he should be. A solid 2nd line centre, with the heart of a lion but hes about the size of a house cat.

I'd take Koivu on my team any day. He's getting up there in age and I wouldn't build around him, but if im a contending team I'd seriously consider him for my 2nd or 3rd line hole.

The Koivu era in Montreal is over I think.

Odin Posted - 04/29/2009 : 09:03:02
quote:
Originally posted by Rambo2305

Ok...break it all down...

Koivu - overrated, done in Montreal
Kovalev - Need I say more, he'll go where the money is, not Montreal
Komisarik - Crap D-Man, why would anyone want him??
Tanguay - Might re-sign for the right price
Lang - Same as Tanguay

If the Habs want any success, fire Gainey

Funny how Leaf's fans say Koivu is overrated when he would be one of the best players on their team.

Kovalev says he wants to play in a hockey market, now he can prove it. If he takes a paycut to around $3M, I say resign him, otherwise,see you later.

Komisarek, yes he had a bad year, but he is FAR from a crap D-man. Many teams could use this guy. I want him resigned, but it may be tough since he hasn't done it yet.

I am not confident in resigning Tanguay, but if Lang's leg is OK, then he should be a priority. He has stated he likes playing in Montreal so that gives me some hope........
Rambo2305 Posted - 04/29/2009 : 05:38:31
Ok...break it all down...

Koivu - overrated, done in Montreal
Kovalev - Need I say more, he'll go where the money is, not Montreal
Komisarik - Crap D-Man, why would anyone want him??
Tanguay - Might re-sign for the right price
Lang - Same as Tanguay

If the Habs want any success, fire Gainey

Higgsy Posted - 04/28/2009 : 16:55:49
I believe it could be a blessing in disguise that these guys are gone.
This franchise is gonna have a turn around.
These guys leaving will free up some cap space so look to the canadiens in the future and also look to them to build a new team in the next few years.

Ex-NHL, AHL and, OHL player. Black Hawks Devils Red Wings. Tim Higgins (career 78-89) Scored 59 points in my best season, I think I know hockey.
admin Posted - 04/28/2009 : 15:39:11
Yes, that is a good observation. Do you want to give this topic some direction please?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page