Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 bring em in

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hockster Posted - 05/07/2009 : 13:46:14
What Fa's or Ra's do you want to come to your team or any team this upcoming year?
Be realistic too
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest0229 Posted - 05/08/2009 : 18:20:28
This really is going to be a boring summer for UFAs. The Sedins, JayBo, Havlat, Hossa, Gaborik, Tanguay, Gionta and Cammelleri... that's pretty much it (not incl goalies)

Hossa, Tanguay, Gionta and Havlat will resign, and I don't doubt Cammelleri will too (if they can fit him). The Sedins may stay in vancouver too if they go deep enough in the payoffs... That leaves Bouwmeester and Gaborik. It's going to take 6-7 million to get Bouwmeester, and maybe more with the bidding. Gabby... who knows I say he ends up in NY, Naslund just opened the door, and they love to spend money.

Any other "name" is pretty much past their prime. The real action will have to be via trade.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 05/08/2009 : 12:30:18
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

I dont want the Sedins in toronto. They are good players, but they arent the style of player I want to see lead the way in Toronto.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".

Exactly what I was thinking....they have talent!! (sorry, couldn't resist)

Good one ^_^ (d***...j/k)

fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 05/08/2009 : 12:20:26
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

I dont want the Sedins in toronto. They are good players, but they arent the style of player I want to see lead the way in Toronto.

Exactly what I was thinking....they have talent!! (sorry, couldn't resist)
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 05/08/2009 : 12:18:14
When did OV say he wants to play in Toronto...?

Rambo2305 Posted - 05/08/2009 : 12:16:15
There are only three players in the league I want to come to Toronto and become the new franchise player...

1) Iginla - won't happen
2) Ovechkin - Says he wants to play for T.O., but won't happen

Finally, #3.

RYAN GETZLAF!!! He's a 90-100 point power forward...give em the C and we're good to go! LOL

"Everytime you step out onto the ice, it's a clean slate, anyone can win"
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 05/08/2009 : 11:29:56

Rambo2305 Posted - 05/08/2009 : 10:38:19
Cammelarri maybe, as for the rest, one can wish! lol

Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 05/08/2009 : 08:16:26
wishful thinking dude... not gonna happen

Rambo2305 Posted - 05/08/2009 : 07:59:32
BREAKING NEWS:

Toronto Maple Leafs sign:

F Michael Cammalleri (3 Year / $15.75 Million)
F Daniel Sedin (4 Year / $24 Million)
F Henrik Sedin (4 Year / $24 Million)
D Jay Bouwmeester (3 Year / $13.25 Million)

Wait and see my friends

Beans15 Posted - 05/07/2009 : 16:47:00
If Bouwmeester does go anywhere, he has hinted at going somewhere closer to home. As an Edmonton boy, maybe and Oiler but doubtful. I can see him going to Vancouver or Calgary. Vancouver is more than likely losing Ohlund and possibly Vaananen, they will have the room. Calgary will definately let Aucoin and Leopold leave if they could get their hands on Bouwmeester. Could you imagine Phaneuf and Bouwmeester both signed long term in Calgary?? Nice. Edmonton already has $16 mil/season between Souray, Visnovsky, and Gilbert so they can't afford any other big D-men without a trade of one of those three. Plus, Edmonton has not issue on defense. They need top 6 forwards.

That being said, I don't see the Oilers landing a big UFA in the offseason. I think they will try to resign Kotalik but not at too much of a cost. If they do, that shores up the 2nd line with Gagner, Kotalik, and O'Sullivan. They have more than enough 3rd and 4th line forwards. The first line is Hemsky, Horcoff and XXX. Havlat would work really well there, but I think Chicago will do everything to resign him and he wants to stay there. Gaborik would look good too, but not at the money he wants for the 40ish games he is actually healthy for. Tangauy would also be nice, but I think he resigns in Montreal.

Maybe an offer sheet for RFA's Booth, Zherdev, or Jussi Jokinen, but that's doubtful. I am thinking they will work hard for a trade for a top line left winger, but they are not cheap and the Oilers will have to give something up to get what they need. Or, they will be forced to give a guy like Eberle a shot at a very young age.

A guy like Clemenson might get an offer from Edmonton too. Maybe Biron but it will be a short contract as Deslauriers is their #1 either this coming season or the next. I would not be shocked at all to see Roli sign a 1 yr, $2.5 million deal.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 05/07/2009 : 13:50:15
To the Leafs:

Cammalerri and JayBo (even though I think hes kinda overrated, hes only 25 and should get better). The leafs have lots of cap space, and burke will probably trade 1 or 2 contracts at the draft. Mikey is a Toronto boy, and I have no reason to beleive Jay will come other than the fact that he wanted to play in a hockey market, hes canadian and burkes sales pitch.

hockster Posted - 05/07/2009 : 13:47:45
in calgary id like to see pahlson or chad larose, johnny oduya or beauchamin, and knuble

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page