Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 HABS TRADE

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest7752 Posted - 05/15/2009 : 08:14:14
Bring the boys home....

Cary Price would be happier home in Vancouver, while Roberto Luongo would play his heart out at home in Montreal. Throw in anyone else Vanvouver wants and the deal is done.
Montreal will solve their goalie problem which they refuse to admit, and at the same time, they would solve their leadership problem which that too - they refuse to admit and cannot figure out what to do about since no-one wants to go near the Koivu question.
The twin sisters can go play for their big daddy in Toronto, and Toronto can clean out more unwanted players to ship to Vancouver.
This will sort of rebuild Vancouver and Toronto, the twin-girls are back with their daddy, Leaf fans are happy just because a move was made, and Habs get a Quebec born goalie who can also be the team's quebec born captain.
This post should get Leaf fans going...
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest2265 Posted - 05/19/2009 : 08:50:13
If the Habs want to trade well then trade your GM Bob has gone past his time and should retire. If the Habs want to start fresh fire your GM he already Fired the coach. You Bring in a good GM maybe Pat now I know well he was a former Leaf GM but look what he did with the juniors won the gold. He is right for the Job Bob is done there is no question about that. He has done good in trying to rebuild the team but not well at trade dead line he did nothing where he should have gone for a nother d man like trying to get Mark back on the back end but he didnt and for that he lost in the first round. Price was never the same after the All star break and after his injurey. And one thing leads to another they should have never traded Huet last year he was half of the reason that the Habs came first in the season and you guys trade him for a draft pick come on you guys could have goten a half decent player from the Caps. But its time for Bob to get out of Montreal and sit back a relax just like the rest of the 1980 Habs.
Rambo2305 Posted - 05/19/2009 : 06:07:49
HAHA! 7752..you're actually hilarious. You actually think the Canucks would trade Luongo!?!? He wasn't his best in the series with the Hawks, but
you also have to remember the fact that the Canucks D stayed in Vancouver for the series.

"Twin girls"? Pretty sure that both Henrik and Daniel would have lead the Habs in scoring. Admit it or not, the Sedins are far better offensive
players then any player on the Canadiens.

Back to the topic of a Luongo deal, might as well start this topic for any team. Who wouldn't want to trade for Luongo (excluding New Jersey)?
Might as well say the Coyotes want him to save their team! LOL

Montreal, admit the fact that the hockey world doesn't revolve around you and that your team was crap this year. Easily the worst team post All-star
break and barely made the playoffs, and got manhandled by the Bruins!

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford
n/a Posted - 05/16/2009 : 07:57:29
First off - enough with the Sedin and 'nuck bashing. They both performed admirably, in the regular season and playoffs, and they should be happy with what later will be considered a pretty successful season, frankly. As in all 2nd round defeats, you always hope for more . . . but they got beat by a very good club, no shame in that.

A couple of first line forwards are much, much easier to get than one A+ franchise goalie. No way does Vancouver move Luongo, in my mind, and if they did, it'd be crazy.

I see the Sedins taking a hometown discount and Vancouver fitting all contracts in . . . I am not so sure Burke is as excited to re-acquire the twins as people make him out to be. And really, Toronto is one of the few, if only other places for them to sign as a package.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Seventy7Fifty2 Posted - 05/16/2009 : 05:14:28
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4803

what is with you montreal fans hating on the twins? seems to me they both outscored and outplayed your euro's...hmm two players in the top 15 in points ya that really must suck to have them on your team...your not getting luongo either, he will sign a contract extension this summer with the canucks, we have buckets of $$$ to throw at him there wont be a sundin this next year so theres $10 mil in extra cap space.

Let's see, the twin sisters out-scored, out-played, etc.. the Habs euros.. right?
SO WHAT?
What did Canucks gain? An extra round in the playoffs?
Canucks are golfing in May - just like the lowly Habs.
It's the balls at playoff time that any team needs... not regular season points, and then nothing in playoffs. It's like pre-mature ejac****tion - good for nothing. (which the sisters and their over-rated cousin, Sundin are famous for)
So, yes - it would suck to have these sisters on any men's team, except for Vancouver, or leafs maybe - where some girls are already signed.
Back to the real story... Roberto.
I threw this trade out there... only me... it wasn't the millions of fans, and it wasn't the quebec media. Same for twins by the way.
So no need to throw rocks at all Habs fans.
Roberto... he should be playing on a men's team. Somewhere like Habs or even Capitals. And NOT (NOT!!!) on a team with some man-looking women!
Guest4803 Posted - 05/15/2009 : 20:16:53
what is with you montreal fans hating on the twins? seems to me they both outscored and outplayed your euro's...hmm two players in the top 15 in points ya that really must suck to have them on your team...your not getting luongo either, he will sign a contract extension this summer with the canucks, we have buckets of $$$ to throw at him there wont be a sundin this next year so theres $10 mil in extra cap space.
Seventy7Fifty2 Posted - 05/15/2009 : 16:19:03
The back end is not as strong as it looks on paper, except for Markov and possibly Hamrlik. The goalies are average at best.
The other D's are too old (Brisebois, Schneider), too small (Boullion), too bad (O'Bourne), or over-rated & good trade bait (Komisarek).
Forwards are ALL trade-able. From Higgins to the brothers, to even Kovalev. Habs haven't had a strong 30-goal duo in years, except for the odd single one here and there.
Anybody can go, and the team should get stronger.
As long as no ex-Leafs, and no twin girls get there - they'll be stronger with any trade.
Roberto Luongo for Carey Price - still the best deal the Habs would make in their history.
The fans are starving for a quebec-born hero or leader, and they will get BOTH in Luongo.
Roberto WILL move to Montreal, knowing the team will get stronger with him.
As much as Gainey loves his pet, he should let him go.
If he truely "loves" him, then it's best he lets the little bird fly out on his own. Price can't handle the Montreal life (or night-life!) nor can he handle the pressure.
Roberto was born there - he lived it and WILL handle it.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/15/2009 : 15:33:53
I just checked all the unrestricted players Montreal has and there is not a lot of trade bait, for Loungo, signed for the 2009-2010 season. $23.5 million for 14 signed regulars, 11 unrestricted and 6 restricted free agents. I doubt they would part with Kostitsyn(s), Markov or Hamrlik. They're the envy of every team in the league, with Price .85 million and Halak .80 million still signed for 1 more year and then restricted. They shouldn"t be messing with the back end.

I can see why the rumours keep flying about Lecavalier with all the unspent money here. Come this off season they have $39 million to dip into the free agent pool and that is where they should be looking for prospects. I say if Montreal is looking to trade it will be with Tampa not Vancouver who would covet Loungo.

Does look more and more that the Twins could or should sign with the Leafs. Between Burke and public demand there I'd say the chances strong for the Twins coming to T.O. I think this was a good season/post season for the Twins. Whoever said they were too old, these Kids are still only 27 years old adn have barely peaked.
Beans15 Posted - 05/15/2009 : 12:47:53
Luongo's not going to Montreal for 2 reasons.

1) He still has a year left on his contract. Vancouver does not want him to leave and will be working as hard as they can(at least until the trade deadline next year) to re-sign him. However, Luongo has also said it is his goal to win and he will leave if he doesn't think the Canucks can win the Cup. If the Canucks are fighting for a playoff spot or are out of the race for the off season, he might be a deadline deal. They don't want to risk losing him for nothing (like they will with the Twins).

2) As stated above, he wants to win. Honestly, as much as I dig the Habs, there are far too many questions marks at far too many positions. Basically, their entire top 2 lines, and 2 or 3 d-men are UFA's!! If I am Luongo, I am seriously looking at a team like Washington. Legitimate Cup contender, very few missing pieces(mainly goaltending), and young players. I am looking at teams like that well before the Habs.

And just one more point for good measure. As soon as the Habs don't have a French Canadian goalie, the fans start asking for one. Then they get one, and they ride the poor guy out of town. Seen it happen time and again from Roy until today. I would NEVER want to play in Montreal if I was a French Canadian Goalie. The Habs fans expect perfection and when they don't get it, you are a mule.

Nope, I'll eat my shirt if Luongo's next team is Montreal. Not going to happen.
Guest7752 Posted - 05/15/2009 : 12:19:15
quote:
Originally posted by MSC

I think you underestimate how much Gainey likes Price.

Noted - however, you are assuming Gainey will be back next year...

If HABS are to clean up the past season's mess, then Roberto should be coming here, Koivu/Gainey/others are going to be gone.
MSC Posted - 05/15/2009 : 12:05:30
I think you underestimate how much Gainey likes Price.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 05/15/2009 : 11:32:25
hahaha good stuff 7752. Toronto doesn't exactly sleep either dude, they would get ripped apart in toronto and montreal if they dont live up to a 6mil contract or whatever they get. I just dont see them as being cornerstone players that will lead a team to the promised land. They are already getting up there in age, and shouldnt be on the radar for a rebuilding club like the leafs.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Guest7752 Posted - 05/15/2009 : 09:53:56
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

Could Detroit fit a 7 mil goalie under the cap? If they sign Hossa this summer than probably not... thats why they continue to sign goalie for 1 mil and udner. Osgood and Hasek were both very cheap the last few year, and Id bet Holland tries to find another cheapass goalie, or keep ozzie for 1 or 2 more years.

Vancouver is in trouble... Montreal isnt getting Luongo. Roberto isnt that stupid. 1 up and coming team that needs a star goalie and will have cap space is LA. The NHL would love to have Bobby Lu light a fire in the LA market with that young club.

Keep the Sedin sisters out of Toronto... go to Montreal or something...

The fact that anyone would have any balls to call Roberto "Bobby Lu" is the main reason he should go to Montreal - where they call men by their real man-names.
LA has their goalie. Roberto won't go there - it's also too close to Vancouver. If he moves - it's eastern bound.
I'm surpirsed all the Leaf fans are not drooling over Roberto... that's probably all they would need to drastically improve the team.
Roberto is eastern bound - and NOT Wings or Panthers... it to the HABS he goes!
Also, the twin girls would never head to Montreal... they'd never be able to fit in since their bed time way too early for that city.
Much better fit for them in Toronto!
Odin Posted - 05/15/2009 : 09:41:13
Bang on! Ken Holland is on record as saying they purposely go after mediocre goal.ies that don't cost too much because they would rather spend on top notch d-men who help the goalies keep the puck out of the net
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 05/15/2009 : 09:32:50
Could Detroit fit a 7 mil goalie under the cap? If they sign Hossa this summer than probably not... thats why they continue to sign goalie for 1 mil and udner. Osgood and Hasek were both very cheap the last few year, and Id bet Holland tries to find another cheapass goalie, or keep ozzie for 1 or 2 more years.

Vancouver is in trouble... Montreal isnt getting Luongo. Roberto isnt that stupid. 1 up and coming team that needs a star goalie and will have cap space is LA. The NHL would love to have Bobby Lu light a fire in the LA market with that young club.

Keep the Sedin sisters out of Toronto... go to Montreal or something...

Guest2265 Posted - 05/15/2009 : 09:12:46
Roberto Luongo in march said he wanted to go to a team that can win the cup. I belive yes one of the teams will be the Habs but I think he will go to the red wings to win Osgood will retire after this year and they will need a goalie. But Luo also wants to go home and I dont me Montreal I mean his home where he went last year when the canucks missed the playoffs because he wasent on his game, he wants to go back to the panther or he will go to tampa. But yes there will be trade talks around luo and yes there will be alot of teams going after him but when the day is done he will end on the east cost with the red wings for a cup run or the Habs to rebuild and go back home. And canucks fans well said good bye to the dream team of 2008/2009 Cause there is no way with the cap that you can keep luo for 7 mill and the twins want 6.5 each well just say good bye and Luo will get traded let me tell you that for sure. I wouldnt be suprised if the habs trade Price after the Roy impersanation and his lack of play and ya sure let them trade him for Luo then the habs will have a team and a goalie like Roy.
Guest7752 Posted - 05/15/2009 : 08:35:07
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

Nice try.

If vancouver wants to get rid of Luongo, they are the dumbest franchise in the league. He f***ed up this series yes, but they won't get anyone better. He deserves another shot in my book.

The only way they deal him is if they can't resign him.

They signed Sundin - didn't they?!?!?!?
They threw all kinds of money at Burrows - didn't they?!!?!??
The twin girls are practically gone.
How smart are they...

Yes - Roberto deserves "a" chance - that's why he should get out of there.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 05/15/2009 : 08:17:35
Nice try.

If vancouver wants to get rid of Luongo, they are the dumbest franchise in the league. He f***ed up this series yes, but they won't get anyone better. He deserves another shot in my book.

The only way they deal him is if they can't resign him.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page