Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Anonymous Rumors

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest6916 Posted - 10/26/2006 : 11:05:36
Perreault will sign in either Ottawa or Chicago. My money is on Ottawa.

Hitchcock has options to coach: Florida and maybe Phoenix.

Darcy Tucker rejected a 5 yr $15 million offer from the Leafs.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 02/16/2007 : 09:00:58
Smyth hogs the puck?? Wow, you must watch a lot of Oiler games to make that judgement.....

Smyth and Tucker are similar type players. The differences are that Smyth is an All-Star, Smyth has played and captained his country a number of times, and Smyth has class. An example of that was the all star game. Did anyone notice that after Phaneuf scored a goal in his first all star game, Smyth skated to the net, got the puck, and handed it to Phaneuf. How many other players would do that for a guy who plays for their rival??

Tucker has none of that.
semin-rules Posted - 02/15/2007 : 13:49:26
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2981

just imagine smyth and tucker together in edmonton
wow .

That will be cool but smyth is still going to hog the puck and tucker wont like it...

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Guest6916 Posted - 02/15/2007 : 11:49:24
I read today that there is a rumor flying around that the Oilers are interested in Markov and could give up Horcoff to land him. I like the deal for the Oilers and doubt the Habs would do it.
Guest2981 Posted - 02/03/2007 : 17:47:59
just imagine smyth and tucker together in edmonton
wow .
Guest6836 Posted - 01/29/2007 : 06:15:27
smyth and tucker both only get those garbage goals where they stand next to the net and tap in sloppy rebounds.. except tucker is actually fast and gritty on the side
bablaboushka Posted - 01/02/2007 : 10:15:31
Not to mention he is very injury-prone of late and no one wants a player who gets paid franchise money that can get injured fairly easily.
Beans15 Posted - 01/02/2007 : 09:43:35
I hear you Babs, I think Jovo is a very overrated defensemen. Word around the Canuck locker room was they were happy when he left. He was and still is a huge liability in his own end and does not produce enough offensively on the score sheet.

bablaboushka Posted - 01/01/2007 : 09:05:45
That's been floating around for a while. If Doug Wilson did this I think I would cry. He's smarter than that so I trust that he won't stoop that low, but anything can happen.

There is not any package of players (no matter how many players included) that I would take from Phoenix for Nabokov.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 12/31/2006 : 20:55:50
I hear that Jovo might go to San Jose for Nabokov
Novie Posted - 12/31/2006 : 07:13:09
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Us "normal people" have a hard time understanding the million dollar contracts, but imagine how much the owners would make if they paid the players a normal persons salary?? Let's face it, ticket prices wouldn't go down?? So, in the "hockey economy" I try to look at other players that are getting paid about the same. For Tucker to turn down $5 million/year to me is unbelievable. Look at Ryan Smyth will be a UFA this summer and he is looking for something in the $5 million range. Tucker is no where near the player Smyth is. No way Tucker is worth $5 million. Not even close.

Without starting the Tucker v. Smyth topic again.....

So let's agree on this: Lower players salaries by a decimal point (good players will make 500,000 instead of 5 Mil), and do the same to ticket prices! How many of you would love to go sit at centre ice fo $40?

Go Sens
Beans15 Posted - 12/27/2006 : 20:30:14
Us "normal people" have a hard time understanding the million dollar contracts, but imagine how much the owners would make if they paid the players a normal persons salary?? Let's face it, ticket prices wouldn't go down?? So, in the "hockey economy" I try to look at other players that are getting paid about the same. For Tucker to turn down $5 million/year to me is unbelievable. Look at Ryan Smyth will be a UFA this summer and he is looking for something in the $5 million range. Tucker is no where near the player Smyth is. No way Tucker is worth $5 million. Not even close.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 12/27/2006 : 17:25:10
Baseball players now that is greedy
Blubberboy Posted - 12/27/2006 : 16:08:49
They are really greedy!!
Like"I don't think 12 mil is enough"
What on earth are they talkin' about.
The avrege human makes $50,000.
I really do not get it.
A hockey player is making 5 mil a year???
They are having fun doing their job.
This is weird, and to top it off, they are not even donating any of it?
This is very strange.

Go Canucks
the hockey guy Posted - 12/23/2006 : 12:32:38
tucker is a mediocre player who only gets garbage goals or good passes to him but he doesnt do anything by himself. he is only worth 2 milllion if the gms high and he is taking good salary cap space away from toronto that they need to get good players.

jo paulo
Novie Posted - 10/28/2006 : 04:24:21
quote:
Originally posted by pucker

5 more years of Tucker could spell 5 more years of no post season.

...and that's just fine by me!

Go Sens
pucker Posted - 10/27/2006 : 13:31:58
Tucker seems to be quite the thread starter in these forums. At first I thought 3 mill a year was about right, but now that I think about it, the Leafs are crazy to offer this kind of contract to Tucker. He is even crazier if he did in fact turn it down. Lets face it, the Leafs are never going to win with the present personnel. Tucker is an average hockey player at best who from time to time shows some grit and has benefited from playing with Sundin. 5 more years of Tucker could spell 5 more years of no post season.
Novie Posted - 10/27/2006 : 06:39:19
Good players show up against good teams...Tucker has gone into hiding vs. Ottawa so far, unless you include beating up Eaves. When Gino Odjick comes out of retirement to take that $15 Million, Tucker's gonna look dumb(er).

Go Sens
Guest4044 Posted - 10/26/2006 : 22:50:03
I dont agree, this is Tucker were talkin about. He isn't worth 3 million/year. Where was he in the last 2 Toronto Maple Leaf routings? Only 1 point. For 3 million you gotta show up. And before you say "well 2 games doesn't mean anything" I say to you "exactly!". He's only had a handful of truly productive games and that doesn't make him a superstar. He's an average player and he should stick to what he does best, which is being an agitator. And agitators don't get 5 year deals worth 15 million.
Guest4642 Posted - 10/26/2006 : 21:43:57
Greedy? Dude, this isn't 1989. Players have been getting paid millions for decades now.
leigh Posted - 10/26/2006 : 11:55:44
man these guys get greedy fast

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page