Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Philedalphia players are wimps

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sensfan101 Posted - 03/24/2010 : 13:16:00
Honestly these guys are a bunch of p****'s. I was at the game last night and it was pretty ridiculous. Carcillo gets crushed early by Volchenkov and then Sutton and he was clearly mad but instead of going after them he comes after our smallest player the rookie Erik Karlsson. After tackling Karlsson to the ice then crosschecking him in the back he proceeded to fall to the ice after receiving a love tap to the shinpads by Karlsson. After he got up he challegned Karlsson to a fight what a coward.
Gagne after making a pass saw Volchenkov coming and turned toward the boards and was hit from behind. He then fell to the ice trying to draw a penalty. When he saw their was no penalty he got up and jumped Anton Volchenkov costing his team a 7 minute penalty.
There were a number of occasions when I saw Flyers players diving. One time in the third Asham did a huge dramatic fall after being bumped by Phillips. Anyway I hope Philly survives a few rounds so the Sens can play them.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 03/24/2010 : 14:12:05
Geez Sensfan, calm down. The way you're describing the Flyers makes them seem worse than my Canucks, and we all know that's not possible.

This is another of those hits that i find so tough to call. First, Gagne makes a "hockey play" by turning to dump the puck in off the boards. In doing this, his body turns and his back is exposed to an already committed Volchenkov. Very tough to say it's Gagne's fault but also tough to put a lot of blame on Volchenkov who was anticipating hitting him on his side. Thankfully Gagne is okay!

What i found funny, only cuz i'm not a Philly fan was the way the team responded. If i'm a Flyer, i either jump Volchenkov immediately or i deal with him later. Watch the clip again and you'll notice two Flyers(Richards and Carcillo?) who come up and shove / bump him and i assume exchange some words? Meanwhile, this creates a 4 on 2 on which Alfredsson scores! Not well responded to by the Flyers. If someone had jumped him right away, they'd maybe have gotten a whistle? That part of the clip begins around 1:15 into it.
baumer Posted - 03/24/2010 : 13:47:58
Wow this is full of bias. I wouldn't go as far as to call the Flyers p***ies, the Volchenkov hit on Carcillo was a head shot. I understand the non call because it was Carcillo and he is not going to get any favours from anyone. Carcillo chasing Karlsson doesn't surprise me, he does that every game he plays. And is the player I hate the most.

Now as far as the hit from behind goes...that was a very dangerous and reckless play

.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvujPX0AZac

You desribed it wrong. Gagne was trying to take a pass and dump the puck in. Would you have put up this post up if Gagne didn't get up and had to be carted off the ice? Not likely. Hitting a player a few feet from the boards when he is "vulnerable", as the league likes to call it, is probably the most dangerous play in a game.

I get that you are a Sens fan and want to support your team. But the Sens are no saints either, Ruutu's biting incidents, Alfies hits from behind and shooting pucks directly at un suspecting players and I could go on about Neil and Volchenkov. But I digress. Volchenkov should have recieved a penalty, if not a suspension. (Darcy Tucker just got one for alot less).

Support your team but don't do it with blinders on. Players dive all the time trying draw a penalty and alot of the time it works in their favour. And yes that does include the Sens.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page