Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Why the leafs cant win a Stanley Cup

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NAFFAEL Posted - 01/02/2007 : 15:17:54
John Ferguson?
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mikhailova Posted - 02/15/2007 : 14:14:55
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6916

He doesn't help the situation, but the Leafs problems began long before Ferguson.

[img]http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/problems.jpg[/img]

Pretty true of the Leafs, eh?
Azeman Posted - 02/13/2007 : 08:13:43
i would have to say that toronto just plain old sucks. and i dont no why they fired pat quinn and i dont no why no one hired him

GO WINGS GO!!!!
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 02/12/2007 : 22:35:54
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4912

the leafs are a sad waste of time. if it wasn't for their history and 13 cups noboy would like those losers anyway. no cups since 67, not

Well, let's see here...I was born in 1986........Ya that's it, I remember back in 1967 how I loved watching the leafs........Good call buddy.

Some day they'll break that curse...Then again, about 1/2 the teams in the league haven't won a cup yet...so the leafs aren't the only ones not to have tasted the cup in a while.

I HATE CROSBY
portman21 Posted - 02/12/2007 : 10:34:42
i agree, but thats if they don't trade them before hand... toronto has a fancy for trading young players that turn out to be powers in the league!! for example steve sullivan, and freddy modin! If toronto keep the core of the young they have on their team now, the in a few years i think there gonna be contenders for top 5 in the league

quote:
Originally posted by Saku Steen

Way to many old guys and JFJ does not help at all. When these guys are vetrens they might help, Steen, Stajan, Wellwood, Pohl and Newbury.

Take care comb your hair
Guest4912 Posted - 02/12/2007 : 09:35:55
the leafs are a sad waste of time. if it wasn't for their history and 13 cups noboy would like those losers anyway. no cups since 67, not even a cup final. they suck, they stink, plain and simple.

and the old guys they always bring in are a joke. lindros, ron francis, owen nolan, gary roberts, what the hell is that!

when they won the cup in 67 it was ALL with old guys (johnny bower, george armstrong,etc). maybe their trying that s*** again who knows.

THE LEAFS SUCK!
Saku Steen Posted - 02/12/2007 : 06:55:53
Way to many old guys and JFJ does not help at all. When these guys are vetrens they might help, Steen, Stajan, Wellwood, Pohl and Newbury.
Guest1290 Posted - 01/09/2007 : 16:39:04
quote:
Originally posted by Blubberboy

quote:
Originally posted by Guest6930

Good goalie?!? Did they trade for Roberto Luongo today and I just didn't hear about it? I know stats don't always tell the whole story but I think in Raycroft's case they give a pretty good indication of his play this year. As of today Raycroft has a GAA of 3.02, good for 27th best in the league. His SPCTG sits a little lower, 32nd best in the league at .895. Add in his penchant for allowing stoppable goals and very, very rarely making a timely, game saving stop, and "good" just isn't an adjective I'd use in describing Andrew Raycroft.

Cool.
Lol!!!

Go Vancouver

I HATE CROSBY Posted - 01/05/2007 : 14:11:26
he also played for the islanders and the canucks.......But he is staying in shape, just in case some team needs him

I HATE CROSBY
bablaboushka Posted - 01/04/2007 : 17:25:42
There's the first thing we can agree on! I loved Potvin, he was my favorite goalie for so long, I have so many of his hockey cards...

I know he played in LA and Boston (Right?) afterwards but whatever happened to him after?
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 01/04/2007 : 16:05:08
I guess signing cujo, or ed belfour was a bad move?...those guys were the backbone of those respectible teams.....But them signing cujo pissed me off, since it meant the end of potvin

I HATE CROSBY
Beans15 Posted - 01/04/2007 : 07:20:52
Wendal Clark was traded for Mats Sundin was he not? That was about the only move I can think of that the Leafs have done that improved themselves.
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 01/04/2007 : 00:08:59
[quote]Originally posted by Kashmire

How can someone say Pat Quinn is a bad coach?! Have you seen what he has done in his career of coaching?! He lead the Flyers to a record setting 35 game winning streak! He transformed LA into a Stanley Cup contender! He also did the same for Vancouver.

I know his Olympic run wasn't great but it wasn't all his fault. The leafs need to get rid of Ferguson for change to happen there and don't forget, QUINN IS GETTING OLD!

I think he will soon be one of the most underrated coaches of the NHL with the new generations coming in.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I totally agree with you....he was great in the earlier days....but his style didn't suit the "new nhl"

I HATE CROSBY
Mikhailova Posted - 01/03/2007 : 16:03:47
quote:
Originally posted by Kashmire

How can someone say Pat Quinn is a bad coach?!

I meant he's a bad coach now. Because you're right--he's getting old.
ultimatetitman Posted - 01/03/2007 : 14:45:03
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I never have been a Toronto Fan and never will be. To be honest, they are my least favorite team in the league. If I had my way, they will never win another Cup again.

I couldn't possibly agree with you any more. I always had the feeling that Leafs' management was more interested in bringing in players that wanted to play for their childhood team than they were in bringing in players who wanted to win the cup. Look at some of their recent signings over the years; Lindros, Roberts, O'Neill, Peca, Raycroft. All good players, but not the type of player that is going to take you to the next level - at least not by the time they washed up in Toronto.
And this isn't a new thing. They did the same things with Wendel (Wendy) Clark (the second time around) and Glenn Healy, jsut to name a couple. It almost seems that a player's loyalty to the Toronto Maple Leafs is more important than the Toronto Maple Leafs' loyalty to the players... or the fans.
Kashmire Posted - 01/03/2007 : 14:43:17
How can someone say Pat Quinn is a bad coach?! Have you seen what he has done in his career of coaching?! He lead the Flyers to a record setting 35 game winning streak! He transformed LA into a Stanley Cup contender! He also did the same for Vancouver.

I know his Olympic run wasn't great but it wasn't all his fault. The leafs need to get rid of Ferguson for change to happen there and don't forget, QUINN IS GETTING OLD!

I think he will soon be one of the most underrated coaches of the NHL with the new generations coming in.

Mikhailova Posted - 01/03/2007 : 14:16:13
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

...Well, he's better than "fat" Quinn at least!

Anyone was better than that guy. Canada came in 7th place in the Olympics, and he was their coach.
Beans15 Posted - 01/03/2007 : 13:54:13
I never have been a Toronto Fan and never will be. To be honest, they are my least favorite team in the league. If I had my way, they will never win another Cup again.

Although I can sympathize with Leaf Fans. After not winning a Cup for 40 years, I would be fed up. Why can't they win?? For the better part of the 90's the put a pretty decent team on the ice, and still couldn't win. I would be totally fed up by now.
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 01/03/2007 : 13:34:31
You guys/girls all agree Paul Maurice is solid though, right?
...Well, he's better than "fat" Quinn at least!

I HATE CROSBY
Novie Posted - 01/03/2007 : 05:00:40
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4641

because they have to many "reliable" players... that they need to get rid of!!! starting with that dam offence... with sundin, ponakarofski or however u spell it and antropov...

i think the team needs a makeover.. they started with the tenders.. and im satisfied with their decision.. but now that they have a good goalie!

What a surprise...4641, I actually agree with you on the first part...

As for your comments about Raycroft...A Calder winner in one of the weakest rookie classes ever (6 years after he was drafted):

2004 NHL All Rookie Team:

John-Michael Liles, Joni Pitkanen, Trent Hunter, Michael Ryder, Ryan Malone

NOW THERE IS SOME STIFF COMPETITION! 'SHOOTER TUTOR' COULD HAVE WON THE CALDER!

Go Sens
Novie Posted - 01/03/2007 : 04:55:09
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY
Let's not forget about Mats Sundin, that's a loyal leaf right there....I still think he could get a cup with them in the next 5 years...

Did he get traded to PIttsburgh?

Go Sens
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 01/02/2007 : 22:40:43
you know the leafs may not be a great hockey club.......But since I was a little kid, I've always felt the leafs had generally good/fun guys on their team (ok, minus tucker.....I like him, but I can totally understand why most don't)......There's a lot of pressure playing in TO and I think most of the players handle it with class and a good sense of humor...My favorite leaf right now is Wade Belak. Even when the chips are down, he still shows up with a smile, and a good joke for the media....Not to mention he'll drop the gloves with the best of them....GREAT GUY...Let's not forget about Mats Sundin, that's a loyal leaf right there....I still think he could get a cup with them in the next 5 years...The young guys are just working out the kinks right now, give em some time (that includes Raycroft!!!)...I mean the leafs of the early 2000's were a little too old, this new flock will lead them to glory!!!!!!...And if they need a different backup goalie (Aubin throwing his stick REALLY pissed me off)..they should call up ex-leaf great Felix Potvin...Him and Raycroft were buddies in Boston and "Razor" said felix helped adjust to the nhl.....felix has been staying in shape in case some team needs him .

OK......I'm dreaming a little bit, but potvin was my favorite player when he joined the leafs (before him I was a devout oilers fan!!)

I HATE CROSBY
Blubberboy Posted - 01/02/2007 : 18:46:59
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6930

Good goalie?!? Did they trade for Roberto Luongo today and I just didn't hear about it? I know stats don't always tell the whole story but I think in Raycroft's case they give a pretty good indication of his play this year. As of today Raycroft has a GAA of 3.02, good for 27th best in the league. His SPCTG sits a little lower, 32nd best in the league at .895. Add in his penchant for allowing stoppable goals and very, very rarely making a timely, game saving stop, and "good" just isn't an adjective I'd use in describing Andrew Raycroft.

Cool.
Lol!!!

Go Vancouver
Guest6930 Posted - 01/02/2007 : 18:12:01
Guest4641 Posted - 01/02/2007 : 15:45:27
because they have to many "reliable" players... that they need to get rid of!!! starting with that dam offence... with sundin, ponakarofski or however u spell it and antropov... sure sundins good.. but they should trade him for a rising star thats going to help this team build!! someone like a cheechoo, or briere.. not that san jose or buffalo would make that trade... and they need tenatious offensive players that will do whatever it takes for that puck, and fight for every second of ice time... not just glide around and make it look like their doing something... i think the team needs a makeover.. they started with the tenders.. and im satisfied with their decision.. but now that they have a good goalie! they need to make some key offensive and defensive moves...
Guest6916 Posted - 01/02/2007 : 15:27:23
quote:
Originally posted by NAFFAEL

John Ferguson?

He doesn't help the situation, but the Leafs problems began long before Ferguson.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page