Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Worst hockey town in the USA?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Reiko24 Posted - 02/07/2007 : 19:25:01
So many candidates... but to me the worst town have to be New Jersey...

I mean they have an unbelievable team, they won like 3 stanley cups in the last 12 years (correct me if I'm wrong) and they rarely miss the playoff. They have some good players and a great goaltender but still they can't do better then a 0,01 rating on tv and the assistance are low.

Why? is it because they play the trap? is it because of the name? the city is not in the south so the weather should not be an excuse
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 04/04/2007 : 15:55:58
Worst hockey town hast to be Nashville. Arguably the best team in the NHL but yet they still have to sell 8 dollar tickets.C'mon!

Leafs 4 Playoffs!!
Guest4722 Posted - 04/04/2007 : 14:22:42
quote:

LA has a very strong hockey base. Their youth hockey program, the LA Hockey Club, is one of the best in the nation.

Definitly.

Hey Mik, how did you get so into hockey in Maryland?
manninm Posted - 03/28/2007 : 10:56:45
LA has a very strong hockey base. Their youth hockey program, the LA Hockey Club, is one of the best in the nation.
juice32 Posted - 03/28/2007 : 08:34:40
And football is an American game, yet you have the CFL. So your point is...?

You can have the CFL......Football sucks too
Mikhailova Posted - 03/27/2007 : 15:42:29
Whoa they actually watch hockey in LA? Nice...I was born there but only stayed for two years. Guess I would've discovered hockey even if we didn't move eh?
hithere311 Posted - 03/27/2007 : 12:52:21
And basketball is the bridge between the american sport and the american pastime.

I found that hockey was suprisingly closely followed in LA when I lived there, so the USA isn't all that hockey hating. In fact, the most profitable teams are based in the US.
Mikhailova Posted - 03/27/2007 : 12:05:59
Baseball is the American pasttime but football is an American sport (the most popular sport here too)
Saku Steen Posted - 03/27/2007 : 12:01:22

quote:
Hockey is a Canadian Game!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Isnt baseball the American game?
Mikhailova Posted - 03/27/2007 : 11:56:18
quote:
Originally posted by juice32

Worst Hockey Town In The US is: ALL OF THEM

Oh come on, there are some places where hockey is big, like Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the northern states. Granted, they're not as big of hockey towns as the Canadian cities are, but you can't say we have no hockey towns.

quote:

manninm Posted - 03/27/2007 : 11:54:04
quote:
Originally posted by juice32

Thats an easy question,

That's the most assanine thing I've heard in a while. Hockey may have been invented in Canada, but I think it's fair to say the US has developed a fairly strong passion for the game, especially in the Northeast. Granted, I agree that some southern US franchises should be moved North, I think it's kinda harsh to say that every hockey town in the US is "bad." The only logical reason you could say something like that is because you're against the expansion and growth of your sport.

As far as the worst town, it's gotta be Florida, until Carolina comes back down to earth.
juice32 Posted - 03/27/2007 : 11:11:58

Thats an easy question,

hithere311 Posted - 03/27/2007 : 08:25:18
And Chicago is actually a good hockey town, but not a good team. I typed the paragraph as a guest.
Mikhailova Posted - 03/21/2007 : 14:33:26
I've always wondered about Phoenix...I'm surprised it actually has a population large enough to sustain a team. Do that many people actually want to live in the desert where the record high is 126 degrees??
Guest4719 Posted - 03/21/2007 : 13:29:38
Its quite simple.

New Jersey is the third team in the new york metro area. The rangers are the top team because they obviously have the most history and sell out almost every game. The islanders also don't get much attention, and they won just as many cups as the rangers in four years. NJ only has 3.

And Florida (yep, its a state now) has two hockey teams, one of which (Tampa Bay) is actually one of the attendance leaders this season. Mainly because they have no other team to cheer for (Buccaneers and Devil Rays??? yea right)

Los Angeles also manages high attendances, mainly because there are like 5 million people in the metro area and some of them have to be fans.

St. Louis usually has high attendances. But the fans aren't too loyal so if they slip, no one shows up to the games.

I think currently the worst US hockey towns are Chicago and Phoenix. Chicago mostly because the management tries to avoid fans and tries to avoid winning the cup (their owner said it would be too expensive to win when the GM presented him with a plan to become a Cup contender). And in like 80 years they could only manage 3 Stanley Cups. I've always said moving a Canadian team to the US is the stupidest move possible. It worked for the Quebec/Colorado move, but from Winnepeg to Phoenix?? The desert where they don't get any fans anyway?
Mikhailova Posted - 03/08/2007 : 18:25:41
Yep. Florida = great vacation spot, lousy hockey town.

(And a hurricane target. But not the ones from NC )
semin-rules Posted - 03/08/2007 : 17:17:23
I think Florida would have a bad crowd....

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Mikhailova Posted - 03/08/2007 : 16:38:17
I think they could, and they should get one. So should Wisconsin. Do away with the southern teams and bring them to the northern US and Canada.
ED11 Posted - 03/08/2007 : 15:25:42
They should move some of the southern state teams to northern US states if Canada can't hold anymore teams...I have no idea about this but couldn't Seattle hold a team?
Mikhailova Posted - 03/08/2007 : 15:10:40
The day they add NHL teams in Mexico will be an embarassing day. You thought Florida was bad? At least it snows SOMETIMES in Florida! Lol (it actually did snow there this year, and in Malibu). Then they'll have to change the whole name to the "North American Hockey League". Which is technically what it should be called now, but we're not that picky...
wyntyre Posted - 03/07/2007 : 21:08:55
Jersey's got problems...as does Nashville....chicago(but they great in the old Stadium)...St.Louis, Miami..and give Carolina some time after this stanley Cup hangover...they suck too. Pheonix is lucky so many Canadians live down there i n the winter...but to go from Winnipeg to Pheonix is what pissed us all off in winnipeg....Coulda went to Minnesota....Minnesota would have even better fans then...but nooooo...let's go to the freakin' desert with hockey?????
what's next...the big step to resurct New Orleans is a new NHL team...the New Oleans Jazz...or the Mexico City Burritos???or wait...the Cancuun Vacationers!!!!!YEAH!

Can't go...The Roads Are Dirty
Axey Posted - 03/07/2007 : 13:12:42
new jersey is embarressing if you ask me. complete and total disrespect for hockey. They have one of the greatest dynasties in modern hockey, probably the best goalie of all time, numerous great defensemen that have gone through this town, and no fans. Nashville is also a gross town for hockey.
semin-rules Posted - 02/20/2007 : 14:23:49
I'm not to sure about Halifax or Saskatoon but I know Winnipeg can!!!

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Mikhailova Posted - 02/20/2007 : 13:21:58
Hmmm OK, I'm not familiar with the economic status of Canadian cities, I was just restating what others had said about Halifax, Saskatoon, and the other cities. If Canadian towns can support a franchise based on fan attendance, be my guest! Let's have some teams up there, Bettman.
tctitans Posted - 02/20/2007 : 13:12:56
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:
Originally posted by saku11

not a lot of fans and it would be better too have another cannadien team cause hockey was ivented in canada. why wasting a team like that in a town that dosnt care much.

How many times have we been through this? The reason why the US has so many teams is because of the market capacity to sustain them. Just because hockey was invented in Canada isn't a realistic reason to have tons of teams there if the market can't sustain them. So, unfortunately, all the teams are in random places like Dallas and Los Angeles and Tampa Bay instead of Winnipeg. It would make sense to have more Canadian teams instead of sunny-state teams, but (according to other Canadian members here) Winnipeg is the only town that might be able to keep one. Halifax, Saskatoon, Regina, Quebec City...nope.

Tons more people and money in the States, that's why Bettman continues to push this. Seems logical if you are really trying to push for a financial power league down the road (10-20 years). However, Candians live and breath hockey. As it stands now there are numerous Canadian cities with a small fraction of the population as our American neighbours that would host a much healthier and successful franchise (based on gate attendence) than the current Florida's, Nashville's, St. Louis', Phoenix's, and Washington's of this league. Even with Bettman's inflated numbers, these teams are only packing in around 12k or so. The problem is that there's bigger money out there than how popular it is to go to the game. With big number TV deals, endorsements, corporate partnerships, there is just TOO much potential money down south. It's not about the fans.

It was interesting that out of Bettmans report last month that the Canadian teams (which make up 1/5 of the league) accounted for 1/3 of total NHL revenue.

Interesting...
tctitans Posted - 02/20/2007 : 13:00:09
Nashville..

Even when they have a great team and are battling for 1st overall they
can't fill the seats... the nights where they have less than 10,000 fans
is quite embarassing...

Bettman, you're a joke.
Mikhailova Posted - 02/20/2007 : 12:33:02
quote:

not a lot of fans and it would be better too have another cannadien team cause hockey was ivented in canada. why wasting a team like that in a town that dosnt care much.

How many times have we been through this? The reason why the US has so many teams is because of the market capacity to sustain them. Just because hockey was invented in Canada isn't a realistic reason to have tons of teams there if the market can't sustain them. So, unfortunately, all the teams are in random places like Dallas and Los Angeles and Tampa Bay instead of Winnipeg. It would make sense to have more Canadian teams instead of sunny-state teams, but (according to other Canadian members here) Winnipeg is the only town that might be able to keep one. Halifax, Saskatoon, Regina, Quebec City...nope.
Novie Posted - 02/20/2007 : 05:43:56
quote:

Florida is the worst town tohave a hockey team.

HABS ALL THE WAY

Hmmm...I had no idea that Florida was a town...

...I thought they would have acheived "City" status by now...

[oooozing sarcasm]

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Patchy Posted - 02/19/2007 : 21:43:47
I have to say LA, there's not enough love for the kings there, it's all about the money. Anyways if they're gonna move a team to Canada, that should be the one.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
leafsfan_101 Posted - 02/13/2007 : 15:43:43
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6839

regarding the above comment about dallas thats like buffalo, montreal and ottawa. Whenever you go there an they're playing the leafs its 50-70% leafs fans

So half the arena is the home team fans and the other half plus more is Leafs Fans. Wow, when ghosts watch games I never knew they were put into the attendance informatiion.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Guest6839 Posted - 02/13/2007 : 08:52:13
regarding the above comment about dallas thats like buffalo, montreal and ottawa. Whenever you go there an they're playing the leafs its 50-70% leafs fans
Azeman Posted - 02/13/2007 : 08:17:52
i would say dallas because if you watch there games they have a huge arena but its ussally filled with the other teams fans and half the seats are empty even though they get 2nd and 3rd in the western conference every year

GO WINGS GO!!!!
saku11 Posted - 02/11/2007 : 11:38:56
Ok thank you for the advice babs. I will pay more attention next time around.

HABS ALL THE WAY
bablaboushka Posted - 02/11/2007 : 10:18:45
Saku, I've had to delete quite a few of your posts already. Since you are a new member, I would advise you to look over the Posting Guidelines and the couple other related topics in this forum:

http://pickuphockey.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=32

Welcome and enjoy the site!
PuckNuts Posted - 02/10/2007 : 22:04:29
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

I would hate to play in St. Louis. They often don't even hit 10,000 in attendance. What a waste of a team.

In St. Louis the teams are complaining about the echo echo echo every time they shoot the puck...

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright, until they speak...
semin-rules Posted - 02/10/2007 : 20:20:39
quote:

not a lot of fans and it would be better too have another cannadien team cause hockey was ivented in canada. why wasting a team like that in a town that dosnt care much. duz it awnser your question semin

HABS ALL THE WAY

Lol yes it does Saku

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
saku11 Posted - 02/10/2007 : 20:13:32
not a lot of fans and it would be better too have another cannadien team cause hockey was ivented in canada. why wasting a team like that in a town that dosnt care much. duz it awnser your question semin

HABS ALL THE WAY
semin-rules Posted - 02/10/2007 : 20:10:19
quote:

HABS ALL THE WAY

And why is that Saku...you have to have a reason to back up your answer..

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
saku11 Posted - 02/10/2007 : 18:19:04

HABS ALL THE WAY
Mikhailova Posted - 02/08/2007 : 08:34:59
Anywhere in the south...it's 80-100 degrees most of the year, depending on the location, they aren't interesting in games played on ice so no one shows up for NHL games. In the north and northeast (Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Boston, Alaska, etc) hockey is big, but everywhere else it's hardly watched
bablaboushka Posted - 02/07/2007 : 19:55:26
I would hate to play in St. Louis. They often don't even hit 10,000 in attendance. What a waste of a team.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page