Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 I HATE LINDY RUFF

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Novie Posted - 02/23/2007 : 05:28:19
The only way this guy could be more repulsive and annoying to me, would be if he coached the Leafs. I even had enough of him when he was going off on Tucker last year, which I know is hard to believe. Kind of ironic that a guy who was no more than a goon when he played hates today's enforcers.

691 GP: 105 G, 195 A, 300 P, 1264 PIM

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
32   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Novie Posted - 03/22/2007 : 05:51:44
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Crosby fan

WHO would hate Lindy Ruff you see what he did with the sabers man he did a good job

Read the posts, not just the title of the thread

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
1 Crosby fan Posted - 03/21/2007 : 19:22:20
WHO would hate Lindy Ruff you see what he did with the sabers man he did a good job
Mikhailova Posted - 03/21/2007 : 18:07:31
Hey manninm! Always good to see another Sabres fan on the forums

quote:
Originally posted by manninm

Eye for an eye. That's the mentality that Lindy has

That could be literal in hockey...just insert "black" before eye each time. Or tooth for a tooth is likely too, lol
manninm Posted - 03/21/2007 : 13:25:26
Look, I don't think it was a dirty hit, even being a Sabes fan. But you can't blame rough for getting upset over it. Neil did make a b-line straight for Drury to hit him. There was clear intent there, legal or illegal.

In the old days, if stars got hit like that, there was retaliation. Eye for an eye. That's the mentality that Lindy has, and I actually think it's refreshing. And I don't think he hates today's enforcers. But he does have a responsibility to protect his players and that's what he did. You're chastising Ruff for going after Spezza and Comrie, maybe you should look in the mirror. If Neil doesn't go after Drury, none of this is an issue.

The fact remains - there are deeper issues here. First and foremost, crap like this will always happen as long as the instigator rule is in effect and the league continues to crack down on fighting. Let the players police themselves and major injuries will be lessened. Guaranteed.

Also, it looks like you folks in Ottawa needs to exorcise some demons. You've made it clear that you guys are still salty over last year's quick exit from the playoffs. In fact, I think it goes even deeper than that. But, I guess when you've lost to the Sabes 3 times and the Leafs 4 times in 15 seasons of existence, it's bound to get personal. At any rate, I'll be looking forward to the Sens early exit again this year, most likely against the surging Pens in the 1st round.
Novie Posted - 03/10/2007 : 16:25:39
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9460

It's also kind of ironic that the Buffalo Sabres beat the Ottowa Senators in five games last year in the post season. And it's also kind of ironic that Lindy Ruff won the Jack Adams award last year. Ya know why? Because he beat the #1 team in the eastern conference in 5 games, if it was 4 then Bryan Murray would be out of a job. Jason Pominville rules! Chris Neil sucks! You people suck for being an Ottowa fan.

Grab a dictionary, look up 'ironic'...also, assuming you're Canadian, learn how to spell 'Ottawa'.

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Guest9460 Posted - 03/10/2007 : 15:09:39
It's also kind of ironic that the Buffalo Sabres beat the Ottowa Senators in five games last year in the post season. And it's also kind of ironic that Lindy Ruff won the Jack Adams award last year. Ya know why? Because he beat the #1 team in the eastern conference in 5 games, if it was 4 then Bryan Murray would be out of a job. Jason Pominville rules! Chris Neil sucks! You people suck for being an Ottowa fan.

Guest9460 Posted - 03/10/2007 : 14:50:08
quote:
Originally posted by Novie

The only way this guy could be more repulsive and annoying to me, would be if he coached the Leafs. I even had enough of him when he was going off on Tucker last year, which I know is hard to believe. Kind of ironic that a guy who was no more than a goon when he played hates today's enforcers.

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche

Saku Steen Posted - 03/06/2007 : 12:18:44
That is awesome! (what Novie posted)
Novie Posted - 03/06/2007 : 05:44:21
quote:
Originally posted by Buddy717
Whether it was a late hit or not, no one will ever agree.. but Lindy just reacted for his team, and his teammates obviously agreed because they went after their star players.

The guys that he put out on the ice know it's their job to do that. Just by putting them on the ice, they knew what they were being asked to do.

Although sources tell me it sounded something like this:
Lindy Ruff:"That was a late hit! Seriously, Ref, pull your head out of your ass! OK, that's it, I've had it!"
Andrew Peters:(use dumb caveman voice) "Yeah coach....."
LR: "OK, now they're gonna put out Niel and some goons...no, wait...Spezza? Comrie? Oh man, this is too sweet.....PETERS...MAIR...you're up!"
AP: "Yeah coach......."
LR: (stares intensely into Peter's eyes) "You know what to do....or else no Red Lobster after the game"
AP: "Yeah coach....."
Adam Mair: "You want us to score some sweet goals, right?"
LR: (rolling eyes) "yeah guys....go score some sweet goals......*sigh*"

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Buddy717 Posted - 03/03/2007 : 15:39:34
quote:
Originally posted by Novie

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche

And, he didn't except the money, he paid off his fine himself. He's not a bad guy. he's a coach.. he's doing what every other coach does, plays hard and gives the next team approaching hell. He's smart. Yes he's a hotthead, but I mean c'mon 9 guys on the injury list, the longest list right now (since I last checked) thats alot.. so with drury added as the nineth, I would want to throw a fit too. Whether it was a late hit or not, no one will ever agree.. but Lindy just reacted for his team, and his teammates obviously agreed because they went after their star players. I mean hey, you want to hate Lindy, whatever, hate.. but why? Cause he's team player? .. Well his team right now has a lot of called up rookies, and they're keeping up, they just kicked toronto's ass. I think Lindy had every right. I'm Done.
Novie Posted - 03/02/2007 : 05:21:08
quote:
Originally posted by vintage

I agree with you novie iffffffffff it was 2004 since then he has turn around this team

Who? Mac T or Ruff? What does 2004 have to do with anything?

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
vintage Posted - 03/01/2007 : 09:19:22
I agree with you novie iffffffffff it was 2004 since then he has turn around this team
Novie Posted - 03/01/2007 : 05:36:34
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

The Oiler fans did that earlier in the year when MacT made some pretty harsh comments about McGeough when he called the glove pass in the Dallas game.

It's still cool that fans would do that, but Buffalo is copying Edmonton.

We will see if Lindy Ruff does the stand up thing like MacT did. He paid his fine himself(the Oilers more than likely covered it) and he took the $10k that the fans gave him and handed it to a local charity.

Not really the same....running your mouth after the game is one thing, being blatantly stupid is another.

....now if MacT had sent some goons out to fight McGeough....

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
PainTrain Posted - 02/28/2007 : 18:37:17
Lindy Ruff doesn't take crap. There team does well because he makes there work ethic so well watching them play there always fighting for every loose puck and working hard. Lindy is just frustrated already without Spacek, Afinogenov, Kotalik and Gaustad and i could go on but i say he is a good coach just dosen't take crap from no one.
bablaboushka Posted - 02/28/2007 : 17:55:37
Myles, please leave those comments out of these forums.

(In reference to a comment I deleted.)
bablaboushka Posted - 02/28/2007 : 17:23:57
Brownie points? For what, the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory?

I believe you meant browning points.
Saku Steen Posted - 02/28/2007 : 11:10:09
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

The Oiler fans did that earlier in the year when MacT made some pretty harsh comments about McGeough when he called the glove pass in the Dallas game.

We will see if Lindy Ruff does the stand up thing like MacT did. He paid his fine himself(the Oilers more than likely covered it) and he took the $10k that the fans gave him and handed it to a local charity.

That gives him some brownie points but I still dont like him.
Beans15 Posted - 02/28/2007 : 09:18:15

Novie Posted - 02/28/2007 : 05:47:44
quote:
Originally posted by jbraiter

His fans want to pay for his fine

I saw that...hilarious!

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
jbraiter Posted - 02/27/2007 : 16:17:21
His fans want to pay for his fine
Myles06-07 Posted - 02/27/2007 : 16:12:39
I hate him too.
KariyaSelanne Posted - 02/26/2007 : 13:23:12
quote:
Originally posted by pucker

I think Ruff out coached Murray. After the hit (which was neither dirty nor late) which obviously caused some serious injury to one of the Sabres Star players, why the hell would he put out the Spezza line. Its almost guaranteed that the Sabres were going to be just a bit choked about it. Murray should have put out McGrattan and some others who could throw em. In my opinion, Ruff did the right thing. You take a shot at one of our best players, we will do the same to Spezza and Heatley (who by the way totally bitched out).

McGrattan was a healthy scratch

Go Preds Go!!!
pucker Posted - 02/26/2007 : 09:30:02
I think Ruff out coached Murray. After the hit (which was neither dirty nor late) which obviously caused some serious injury to one of the Sabres Star players, why the hell would he put out the Spezza line. Its almost guaranteed that the Sabres were going to be just a bit choked about it. Murray should have put out McGrattan and some others who could throw em. In my opinion, Ruff did the right thing. You take a shot at one of our best players, we will do the same to Spezza and Heatley (who by the way totally bitched out).
Mikhailova Posted - 02/23/2007 : 18:43:47
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

But he is a really good coach, so Mik should be happy about that.

You bet I am!
Canucks Man Posted - 02/23/2007 : 17:35:44
that was me, 6895

CANUCKS RULE!!
Guest6895 Posted - 02/23/2007 : 17:34:29
I agree Novie, what a joke, it wasnt a dirty hitand he sends 5 guys out to attack Spezza, is emery suspened again?
Ripley Posted - 02/23/2007 : 16:30:18
It was a technically "clean" hit last night, maybe a little late. But I agree that sometimes Ruff is pretty abrasive. He often sounds like he thinks the world is out to get him so if he yells loudly everyone will stop.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 02/23/2007 : 16:04:08
Ya he is definatly the most annoying coach in the league. He is always yelling and if something goes wrong for the Sabers, he's mad. But he is a really good coach, so Mik should be happy about that. The only other coach who bothers me is Michel Terrien. He has a great team of young players and acts like he is responsible for their record this year.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Mikhailova Posted - 02/23/2007 : 15:41:11
True, true...he looks pretty mean in those shots of him on the bench. I wonder if the reason the Sabres win so much is because they're afraid of Ruff's reaction if their win percentage slips below .700 hahaha only joking
Novie Posted - 02/23/2007 : 11:56:38
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

Well his team's first in the league, he must be doing something right.

Didn't say he was a bad coach, just an annoying coach

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Mikhailova Posted - 02/23/2007 : 11:34:05
Well his team's first in the league, he must be doing something right.
Saku Steen Posted - 02/23/2007 : 11:15:35
I couldnt agree more Novie. He reminds me of a coach I play aganist.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page