Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 BEST hockey town in Canada?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mikhailova Posted - 03/01/2007 : 18:14:33
I'll let the Canadians fight this one out since I don't live there and don't really know. I'd guess it would be Winnipeg from what I've heard, but of the cities with NHL teams--I dunno.

What do you all think?
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LongLiveTheJets Posted - 03/27/2007 : 15:18:08
I'd say Winnipeg..But maybe I'm just a little on the biased side living there eh?
Ddeathblade Posted - 03/25/2007 : 22:23:15
I would have to say Edmonton. Even though we suck, Edmonton has still sold out every single home game this entire season. Our fans are completely loyal to us, and never stop believing. Even now, Oilers fans still believe, in next year though. During our 12 game losing streak, we still had Rexall full to the brim. We've had what..5 or 6 Cups? Our fans are die-hard, and that's why there's so much violence when the Oilers lose on Whyte Ave
Guest4028 Posted - 03/20/2007 : 19:07:30
I think with regards to the Canucks fans hating Leafs fans and vice versa, the problem stems from the fact that in Vancouver, there are a lot of Leafs fans that believe the Leafs are without question the #1 team in the NHL. Canucks fans don't respect that train of thought and I'm sure Leafs fans are just doing it to get under Canucks fans' skin. Anyway, The Canucks are making sure to prove their side of the Argument on the ice these days while Toronto maintains their losing ways.
semin-rules Posted - 03/20/2007 : 18:42:30
Easy. It has the word "Win" in it

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
The_only_Odelein_fan Posted - 03/20/2007 : 18:13:05
This guy have weird ideas!

Lyle Odelein is a god!
Buddyno2000 Posted - 03/20/2007 : 09:20:10
It has to be Toronto someone just started a topic about having 2 teams there
lol

Go leafs Go by the way
ED11 Posted - 03/19/2007 : 13:20:43
Does loudest mean best now? haha. Thats all that everyone has been saying. "Montreal fans are the loudest so they are the best." EVERY Canadian team has dedicated fans that travel around the North America to watch their team play. All Canadian teams have GREAT fans.
Mikhailova Posted - 03/19/2007 : 13:07:33
quote:
Originally posted by Buddyno2000

I have a question. where does that war between Leafs and Nuks fans comme from.

I think everyone just hates the Leafs, whether they're from near Toronto or across the country...or in a different country. I think this last game where the Canucks beat the Leafs 6-1 has fueled a lot of it recently, but it's just a truth of hockey that most people outside of TO don't like the Leafs.
Canucks Man Posted - 03/19/2007 : 11:07:35
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Well that doesn't mean Vancouver is better than Toronto, it just means your friend is an idiot.

Well, he is an idiot

CANUCKS RULE!!!
bablaboushka Posted - 03/19/2007 : 10:58:41
Well that doesn't mean Vancouver is better than Toronto, it just means your friend is an idiot.
Canucks Man Posted - 03/19/2007 : 10:57:46
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Some Canucks fans got all cocky when they beat Toronto 6-1.

I did that because my friends who are leafs fans were getting all cocky before the game, my friend gave me 3-1 odds on that game.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
bablaboushka Posted - 03/19/2007 : 10:48:41
Some Canucks fans got all cocky when they beat Toronto 6-1.
Canucks Man Posted - 03/19/2007 : 10:48:20
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4622

montreal by far......like there last 70 home games the Bell Center was full with 21 273 fans

Just 70?? the Canucks have sold out 163 consecutive games, and there last 5 home games are pretty much garanteed to be sold out.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Buddyno2000 Posted - 03/19/2007 : 08:28:29
I have a question. where does that war between Leafs and Nuks fans comme from. I keep earing Canucks fans saying they hate the Leafs but never got the chance to know why.

Go leafs Go by the way
jbraiter Posted - 03/18/2007 : 19:05:21
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

quote:
[i]

I wouldnt say leafs fans are everywhere, when i went to toronto i wore a canucks shirt everyday i was there and i got way more "Go Canucks" then "Canucks Suck" cheers, even in the hall of fame.

CANUCKS RULE!!!

The same thing happend when i saw the leafs play the canucks. I got so many Go Canucks
Guest4622 Posted - 03/18/2007 : 19:02:50
montreal by far......like there last 70 home games the Bell Center was full with 21 273 fans
Mikhailova Posted - 03/18/2007 : 17:15:02
There are Leafs fans in Ellicott City, Maryland
(I know one at my school, but she's originally from Toronto)

They're taking over the continent! Lol, joking
Canucks Man Posted - 03/18/2007 : 16:38:42
quote:
Originally posted by BigShow

Toronto was even worse. The funny thing is that Toronto fans are everywhere though. You go to a Leafs game in Calgary or Edmonton, a few thousand miles away from Toronto, and the arena is still half Leafs fans.

I wouldnt say leafs fans are everywhere, when i went to toronto i wore a canucks shirt everyday i was there and i got way more "Go Canucks" then "Canucks Suck" cheers, even in the hall of fame.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Guest4186 Posted - 03/17/2007 : 18:40:04
Got to agree with PuckNuts. The London Knights are awesome! The JLC is always sold out for their home games and they have pretty dedicated fans as well. Its really hard to get tickets to any games even when they play the lesser teams. Everyone around here follows them and hopefully they can win the league and the Memorial Cup. To go see the Leafs you might as well save your money and watch them on TV since you get a better view anyhow. Tickets+beverages=Way too expensive!!
Mikhailova Posted - 03/17/2007 : 18:15:53
quote:
Originally posted by The_only_Odelein_fan

Val Doucet is the greatest City in Canada!

There's a city in Canada called Val Doucet? Where the heck is that?? Never heard of it.
oil fan97 Posted - 03/17/2007 : 17:36:50
BY FAR EDMONTON THEY ARE THE BEST BUT NOT RIGHT NOW
BigShow Posted - 03/13/2007 : 07:26:24
It's not Calgary, fans here will leave the game half way if we're down by one. Businesses own too many of the tickets, and since they are giving them out to customers or whoever, youget a lot of people that don't really give a hoot about the team or game.

Toronto was even worse. The funny thing is that Toronto fans are everywhere though. You go to a Leafs game in Calgary or Edmonton, a few thousand miles away from Toronto, and the arena is still half Leafs fans.
The_only_Odelein_fan Posted - 03/12/2007 : 20:02:16
Val Doucet is the greatest City in Canada!

Lyle Odelein is a god!
semin-rules Posted - 03/12/2007 : 13:50:34
quote:
Originally posted by The_only_Odelein_fan

The best hockey town in canada is Montreal for my 1rst choice and my 2nd choice is Val-Doucet.

Lyle Odelein is a god!

What's Val-Doucet??

Winnipeg doesn't leave if thier team is losing!! I know there might be not as many poeple but maybe there was something else going on.....I would have to pick Toronto though as the most loyal to their team even though they are terrible, they always have a good attitude

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
The_only_Odelein_fan Posted - 03/11/2007 : 20:07:19
The best hockey town in canada is Montreal for my 1rst choice and my 2nd choice is Val-Doucet.

Lyle Odelein is a god!
wyntyre Posted - 03/07/2007 : 20:59:16
As far as NHL goes...I would only be able to put Ottawa last...the rest pretty much love their teams....I think Calgary has the most drunks though...or at least when I get to go to a game or two.
Winnipeg is not as good as you might think...too little too late...give 'em a losing team and there's no one there...even the Moose AHL right now are leading their division....I was at a game 4 weeks ago...maybe 5500 out of the 8900 capacity of the lower bowl....we're winnipeggers...don't use COLD as a crappy ass excuse.

Can't go...The Roads Are Dirty
PuckNuts Posted - 03/07/2007 : 20:13:06
London, Ontario is the best, we have the Knights, and we fill the John Labatt Centre every game, 9,000 +, filled to capacity every home game, and not to mention a good team too boot...

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright, until they speak...
Axey Posted - 03/07/2007 : 13:03:11
Without a doubt Montreal, some say Toronto but theres too many Sen's fans in Toronto. Winnipeg would be the only competetion to the Habs if they had a team... and as for Calgary, the red mile was nice but they're fans seem to hide when they're not winning. Edmonton is a great hockey town as well, but can't catch a break with every superstar they ever get, getting traded away.
jbraiter Posted - 03/06/2007 : 13:31:29
Montreal

Go Canucks
KariyaSelanne Posted - 03/06/2007 : 13:27:27
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

Well cities with teams it would have to be Calgary I think, because they are always cheering and it is always packed at their games.
But for cities that don't or have had it is Winnipeg no doubt!!!!

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~

Probably Montreal but if we had a team definetely Winnipeg

PS: havent been on lately and proably wont be on for a while, my comp has been broken for like 2 weeks.

Go Preds Go!!!
Guest4943 Posted - 03/05/2007 : 16:20:06
I'd say Toronto because they always sell out and everywhere there is a leaf game there is always about 1/4 of leaf fans. They may be quite but thats only because all the loud common people can't afford to attend there games.
PainTrain Posted - 03/05/2007 : 13:50:24
It's always loud in Montreal.

GO Sabres GO!!!!!!
Buddyno2000 Posted - 03/05/2007 : 05:00:27
1 - Montreal ( they go nuts for that team)
2 - Toronto ( ( they follow their team everywhere leafs/sens for instance is half and half teams fans)
3 - Edmonton (the fans were the ones sining the Canadian anthoms in playoff and thats spirit)
4 - Ottawa( cause they've been winning lately)
T 5 - Vancouver & Calgary ( i dont realy follow those team so i dont really now about their fans but i'd put the flames firts maybee cause of the red shirt thing)

Go leafs Go by the way
Bidds55 Posted - 03/02/2007 : 19:55:00
Theres no question it's Montreal. What other city, in any sport, has ever had a riot like the Richard riots because one of its players got a suspension? I don't think any, and certainly not any other hockey city. The fans in Montreal (and everyone in Montreal is a fan) live an die by the Habs.
And as much as the Toronto media gives the Leafs a lot of attention, not even there do the players feel the kind of pressure from the media and the fans in Montreal.
In Montreal, there is an outdoor rink in almost every municipal park, and they are always packed.(and almost everyone is wearing a Habs jersey).
I would actually think that the closest to Montreal in terms of great hockey towns is Kingston. They don't have a pro team, but they have the Kingston Frontenacs of the OHL, and the city has lots of great hockey tradition.
Beans15 Posted - 03/02/2007 : 15:27:54
I would have to say that every teams fans are good and bad. Bandwagon jumpers are everywhere. Diehard fans are everywhere. I should obviously say Edmonton. Having seen this City last spring it was amazing. Calgary was pretty impressive the season before. Could you imagine TO or VAN or MTL in a serious Cup run?? It would be off the hizzy. Even OTT, a fairly newer NHL team would be great to see in the Cup final and the City would go nuts. (PS, I know that Ottawa was a team a very long time ago as well so please don't waste you time posting to tell me that.)

That being said, I would vote for none of the above. My vote would go to every place in Canada without a NHL or semi pro team. I grew up in a small town in Alberta that had a pop. of about 2000 people. And you could bet your last dollar that 1500-1800 of them were at the good old Multiplex every week end. It had nothing to do with money or Cup or anything. It was all about the sport. And there was very little negativity. We wanted everyone to do well. I am sure there are towns like that EVERYWHERE in Canada.

You want to know the best Hockey town, it ain't one of the 6 NHl cities, that is for sure.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 03/02/2007 : 13:48:14
1.Vancouver
2.Montreal
3.Edmonton
4.Ottawa
5.Calgary
6.Toronto

there you go i have been to there arenas to watch the canucks of course
Mikhailova Posted - 03/02/2007 : 13:04:04
I guess basically everyone is going to say their hometown is the best hockey town. Being unbiased and not living in any of them, I'm going to say Montreal. (Winnipeg for non-NHL cities).

PS Habs in 8--Minnesota is the state of hockey, Montreal is the city
Habs.in.8 Posted - 03/02/2007 : 12:51:47
It has to be MTL ... This year, tickets for the whole season didnt last 1 whole Day ... Every game is sold out for over 3 years ... The media is everywhere, there is a hockey debate show every day of the week ...
The slogan of the team is : The city is Hockey ... which is true.

If the Habs played, the first page of the town newspaper is always what happened in the game.

Tickets for Crosby coming to MTL where about 1000 $ can for ticket normally worth litlle under 100 $ ...
Novie Posted - 03/02/2007 : 05:51:07
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

Well citeis with teams it would have to be Calgary I think, because they are always cheering and it is always packed at their games.

....when they're winning, yes.

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
semin-rules Posted - 03/02/2007 : 05:22:14
Well cities with teams it would have to be Calgary I think, because they are always cheering and it is always packed at their games.
But for cities that don't or have had it is Winnipeg no doubt!!!!

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page