Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Detroit & Nashville tops in the west...Ya right

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 03/21/2007 : 22:16:18
After watching the last two Nucks games, I can't help but wonder where Detroit and Nashville would be in the standings if they didn't play 24 games against joke teams. The Nucks have a tough test almost every night. Meanwhile Detroit and Nashville could dress their 5th string goalie against columbus, st.louis or chicago and still come out on the winning side. those other 2 divisions are deadly (well, minus LA in the pacific and Edmonton in the northwest (just post-smyth) ). I guarentee the west champ(in the playoffs) comes from the pacific or northwest division....Then again, I'm the guy who guarenteed Pittsburgh would finish last in the east, so what do I know.

I HATE CROSBY
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
1 Crosby fan Posted - 03/29/2007 : 18:37:24
oh yea srry and yea they play what 24 games against Columbus and Chicago and St.Louis that is almost 48 free points
bablaboushka Posted - 03/29/2007 : 18:15:15
I thought this was about the Central division...?
1 Crosby fan Posted - 03/29/2007 : 18:06:31
well The Sabers will make it to the conference finals because they will lose to Pittsburgh and the Leafs will not make the playoffs and Vancouver will win the cup against Pittsburgh
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 03/29/2007 : 17:32:02
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

Uh-huh...I highly doubt that. And they beat Carolina, who's in like 8th of something. Plenty of teams have beaten them this year; it's something but it's not that huge of an accomplishment. The times the Leafs beat the Sabres, now THOSE were accomplishments (and crappy games to watch )

Ya, they beat Carolina......The team that owned your precious sabres in last years playoffs........And in 2 hours, they will have beaten Hotlanta by that same margin...Then you and your sabres will understand the power of the leafs!

I HATE CROSBY
Canucks Man Posted - 03/29/2007 : 13:39:03
quote:
Originally posted by Saku Steen

quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

Actually thats 3-0 the amount of cups detriot has while The Canucks have been in the league.

CANUCKS RULE!!!

That proved nothing.

I no that really didnt prove anything I was just pointing it out.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Get The Towels Out Guys PLAYOFFS!!!
Mikhailova Posted - 03/29/2007 : 12:22:20
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

I don't know how that will happen......They're gonna get swept in round one by Toronto......See what they did to Carolina last night, that's nothing

Uh-huh...I highly doubt that. And they beat Carolina, who's in like 8th of something. Plenty of teams have beaten them this year; it's something but it's not that huge of an accomplishment. The times the Leafs beat the Sabres, now THOSE were accomplishments (and crappy games to watch )
semin-rules Posted - 03/29/2007 : 11:33:37
I would have guessed Detriot bieng at the top but not Nashville....

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
manninm Posted - 03/29/2007 : 05:47:46
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Novie

quote:
Originally posted by manninm

I'll bet you Nashville doesn't make it past the second round...

I think I would take that bet.

Me too...because I want Nashville to get kicked out early so Buffalo can win it

If Buffalo makes it and plays Nashville I think they have very little to worry about...granted they have great goaltending, but I just don't think they have the heart to compete against the best. I'd be worried about Vancouver, Anaheim, and SJ...maybe even Calgary if they get hot
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 03/28/2007 : 19:05:58
quote:

I don't know how that will happen......They're gonna get swept in round one by Toronto......See what they did to Carolina last night, that's nothing

I HATE CROSBY
Mikhailova Posted - 03/28/2007 : 17:36:37
quote:
Originally posted by Novie

quote:

I think I would take that bet.

bablaboushka Posted - 03/28/2007 : 17:03:36
Glad to hear that...

Well LA and Phoenix aren't pushovers by any means. LA went 4-2-2 against the Ducks this year. Remember that the Coyotes beat SJ 8-0? Dallas seems to have been the only team that really tore through them.

There are weak teams in every division, there's just a bigger gap in the Central.
Beans15 Posted - 03/28/2007 : 15:48:03
If Calgary can find a way to win on the road, they will be dangerous. Best home record in the NHL. I would not be surprised one bit if Nashville is gone in the first round.

I have been saying this for years. Detroit has won how many President's Trophies playing in the easiest division in hockey??

And Bab's, your point about LA being a good team in a bad divison. Could it also be that Anaheim, Dallas, and San Jose benefit from playing 16 games against Phoenix and LA?? Same as Vancouver playing 8 freebies against my weak ass Oilers??

But no one has benefited more than Nashville and Detroit.

(Don't get me wrong Babs, I am actually pulling for SJ this year because I don't think there's a Canadian Team that has the cones to win it all!)
Novie Posted - 03/28/2007 : 15:17:30
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Guest7476

nashville and detriot deserve to be top 2 look at their line ups and i am a total nashville fan for like ever and this is the year thwere finnally goin all the way wooow its about time i think lol

I think I would take that bet. I would put the over/under at 2 rounds. I mean, they'll walk over the Flames in round 1 and then have to play someone decent (sorry leigh) in round 2. They have a lot of skilled players, but not a lot of experience. Are we looking ta the next Ottawa Senators?

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
manninm Posted - 03/28/2007 : 05:47:13
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7476

nashville and detriot deserve to be top 2 look at their line ups and i am a total nashville fan for like ever and this is the year thwere finnally goin all the way wooow its about time i think lol

Guest7476 Posted - 03/27/2007 : 16:35:26
manninm Posted - 03/27/2007 : 12:10:22
I've said it before, until proven otherwise, Nashville will choke and Detroit will only go as far as Hasek can last, which I believe to be not very far
Saku Steen Posted - 03/27/2007 : 12:06:57
quote:

Actually thats 3-0 the amount of cups detriot has while The Canucks have been in the league.

CANUCKS RULE!!!

That proved nothing.
hithere311 Posted - 03/27/2007 : 08:44:14
Detroit is still winning then!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Canucks Man Posted - 03/27/2007 : 08:25:47

CANUCKS RULE!!!
hithere311 Posted - 03/27/2007 : 08:23:54
Tell that to the wings 10 cups against the canucks how many??.................................. Oh yeah NONE.
Canucks Man Posted - 03/22/2007 : 21:38:33
quote:

quote:

Why would she be amazed??

Because Hasek's my favorite goalie.

Pretty cool 1CF.

Hasek, the bum, and good last post to mik, i think your right about that. Also you cant really fault nashville and detriot for having a weak division, they could just as easily have the toughest one.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Mikhailova Posted - 03/22/2007 : 19:09:06
My bad, just had to answer CM's question...

And yeah IHC, I've said this about Nashville several times before. The real test of Detroit's and Nashville's ability is when they play each other.
bablaboushka Posted - 03/22/2007 : 15:25:06
Guys, off subject...?
jbraiter Posted - 03/22/2007 : 14:12:46
hasek really? What about luongo

jokes mik
Mikhailova Posted - 03/22/2007 : 13:26:13
quote:

Because Hasek's my favorite goalie.

Pretty cool 1CF.
bablaboushka Posted - 03/22/2007 : 11:16:14
Even though I agree with the fact that Detroit and Nashville play in a weak division, they are still very strong teams. 1st-2nd in points in the West? Maybe not but they are both more than playoff worthy and as long as you get in, the rest is just details.

You have to acknowledge the other side of this too then. Maybe LA isn't that bad of a team after all...? They have to play 24 games against Anaheim, SJ and Dallas, that's rough. I see them like a TB-type team: strong offensively but weak on defense with very inconsistent goaltending.
Guest4164 Posted - 03/22/2007 : 07:25:07
All I have to say is watch out West Vancouvers come to play. I know it sounds like im joining the bandwagon but the past three or four games ive really paid attention to watching. Vancouver dominates the play out there. They play a tough in your face game, but not to the point of being dirty. They also have a lot of talent, and many guys who come up huge for them in key situations. Last night they took the play right to Nashville and from the start Nashville was taken out of the game. There are other teams above the Wings and the Preds other than Vancouver but i'm picking the Canucks to go quite far this year if not all the way. And how about their coach!
manninm Posted - 03/22/2007 : 05:59:26
Gotta agree with IHC on this one. Nashville looks like they may be turning into the Ottawa of the West (choke artists) and Detroit will only go as far as Hasek takes them (likely not very far). The 'Nucks, Sharks, and Ducks are all better teams in my opinion.
jbraiter Posted - 03/22/2007 : 05:00:11
ok baxk on topic i totally agree with IHC i think the canucks deserve to be first in the west, and i think they still have a shot. Every team in the northwest division deserves to be in the playoffs right now except for the oilers. Canucks have been dominating every team since christmas. From a disapointing season last year this is a whole lot better!

Go Canucks
Canucks Man Posted - 03/21/2007 : 22:56:55
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Crosby fan

right behind hasek for 2 periods 1 row from the top of the lower bowl(there my dads company tickets so everytime we go over we sit there)

CANUCKS RULE!!!
[/quote]cool you better tell MIK she'd be amazed i bet
[/quote]

CANUCKS RULE!!!
1 Crosby fan Posted - 03/21/2007 : 22:43:22

[/quote]
right behind hasek for 2 periods 1 row from the top of the lower bowl(there my dads company tickets so everytime we go over we sit there)

CANUCKS RULE!!!
[/quote]cool you better tell MIK she'd be amazed i bet
Canucks Man Posted - 03/21/2007 : 22:38:48
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Crosby fan

quote:

Great post IHC, Ive been telling my bro(Wings Fan) that for years.
also I was at the Wings game the other night and the canucks just completley dominated them, though datsyuk is amazing

CANUCKS RULE!!!

I bet you he was wasn't he and where were you sitting?

CANUCKS RULE!!!
1 Crosby fan Posted - 03/21/2007 : 22:24:10
quote:

also I was at the Wings game the other night and the canucks just completley dominated them, though datsyuk is amazing

CANUCKS RULE!!!

I bet you he was wasn't he and where were you sitting?
1 Crosby fan Posted - 03/21/2007 : 22:22:06
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

After watching the last two Nucks games, I can't help but wonder where Detroit and Nashville would be in the standings if they didn't play 24 games against joke teams. The Nucks have a tough test almost every night. Meanwhile Detroit and Nashville could dress their 5th string goalie against columbus, st.louis or chicago and still come out on the winning side. those other 2 divisions are deadly (well, minus LA in the pacific and Edmonton in the northwest (just post-smyth) ). I guarentee the west champ(in the playoffs) comes from the pacific or northwest division....Then again, I'm the guy who guarenteed Pittsburgh would finish last in the east, so what do I know.

I HATE CROSBY

And what is that guys name hmmm? and yea i agree with ya
Canucks Man Posted - 03/21/2007 : 22:21:49

CANUCKS RULE!!!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page