Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Re: Ted Nolan - whine connaisseur

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
manninm Posted - 04/19/2007 : 07:29:08
Ted Nolan's whining again!!

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=Recap&gameNumber=114&season=20062007&gameType=3

I actually thought he had a case in game 3, but this is getting ridiculous.

Because the demands on a goalie are mostly mental, it means that for a goalie, the biggest enemy is himself." ~Ken Dryden
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PainTrain Posted - 04/19/2007 : 18:17:38
Leggo said that the goal did not happen because Miller had it covered then got pushed into the net witch is rule 78.5 i think. Miller definately had it covered and Leggo was in the process of blowing his whitstle witch is another rule when the ref is intending to blow his whitsle it's presumed dead.
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 04/19/2007 : 14:48:01
Witt went in there like a chicken with his head cut off by the way he was pushing Miller into the net.

Always next year!!
bablaboushka Posted - 04/19/2007 : 13:21:03
quote:
Originally posted by Saku Steen

I wouldnt consider it whining.... its called standing up for your team.

I agree with Nolan, it was goal.

When it's Nolan, it's whining. He's infamous for it and there is NO way that it's a goal, I don't understand how you can say that.
Saku Steen Posted - 04/19/2007 : 13:16:02
I wouldnt consider it whining.... its called standing up for your team.

I agree with Nolan, it was goal.

I've figured it out, the guys gotta play like girls!
bablaboushka Posted - 04/19/2007 : 13:14:06

(To avoid ad ----->)

Haha love the title.

I love the double-entendre when they say "Naturally, Islanders coach Ted Nolan disagreed." Nothing like a bit of subtle mockery...

All he ever does is whine. I was sick of hearing him whine in the Q last year, blaming his misfortunes on the fact that he's of Native descent, like it's some kind of handicap. I know coaches usually defend their team (unless you're Therrien, Babcock or Tortorella) but there's a fine line between a bias and reality. I don't know how he could possibly believe that what would have been the tying goal was actually a goal, in fact there were two reasons why it wasn't. The obvious reason that Miller was pushed into the net (by two Islanders nontheless) and also that when the whistle was blown, no TV angle revealed the puck, clearly meaning that Miller had it covered. What I don't understand is why he's complaining about Numminen's hit. Yeah, it was from behind and he got penalized for it...

In Game 3, he has a point. When watching the replays, logic would tell you that Vanek's goal was in but none of the different angles CLEARLY show that the puck is in the net. I think that was a strange call because I thought you needed to see the puck across the line, which you don't see from any angle.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page