Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 There's no Crying in Hockey!!!!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 06/06/2007 : 21:37:17
Come on Mike Comrie, it's just a game. It's supposed to be a game for tough guys(or girls), not for little pussies who can't take a loss. You went even further down in my books, Mike.
I really hope most of you on here agree with me, cause that was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen.

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!
22   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Greg Smith Posted - 10/26/2007 : 15:01:24
Wow this thread is completely wrong. I'm sorry, but you have absoloutly no clue on how many hockey players cry. i cried when I lost in the Finals. Every single member of my team cried that day.

This was kind of a waste of time. If fly gets his 4 minutes back, I want mine back too.

After playing in the NHL, it's hard to watch hockey games.
fly4apuckguy Posted - 10/25/2007 : 21:31:06
This is the dumbest thread on this message board. I want my four minutes of wasted life I used reading it returned, please.

I'd rather have a crying loser by my side than a laughing one.
admin Posted - 09/11/2007 : 16:20:56
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4457
Wheres the mods? Asleep at the wheel again?

sorry folks, just coming out of our summertime slumber. It's a great suggestion Pucknuts. I'll see if our forum has that capability.
PuckNuts Posted - 09/11/2007 : 12:43:33
Just a suggestion to eliminate this type of thing, no posting a link unless you have 50 posts...

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

Guest4457 Posted - 09/11/2007 : 12:20:46
(content removed)

Wheres the mods? Asleep at the wheel again?
FanMan Posted - 09/10/2007 : 17:23:57
Hey
missed the comrie water works
but I think to a degree shedding the old tear every once in awhile
aint so bad,
Like hell if i lost the cup, dam rights im gunna cry i bet we'd all cry

Ryan smith when dealt to the Islanders shot up the tears(bad) but overall edmonton was the guys home .
Just saying almost always a hockey player crys for a good reason,
but i only wanna see that stuff every once in a while like common this isn't basketball
Ripley Posted - 06/08/2007 : 10:44:22
quote:
Originally posted by manninm

Just like Buffalo against Ottawa in the Conference Finals (as much as it pains me to make this analogy), Ottawa deserved to lose...so quit whining, suck it up, and focus that energy into next season!! Although, I really can't blame them. To have been labeled choke artists like they have, finally put it to rest only to choke in the finals. Ya, I don't know what I'd do, but I do know I'd be pretty imbalanced emotionally. Then again, I wouldn't be playing for the stinky Ottawa Senators, so it's a moot point!!

Jesus, their not crying all summer long people! I'm sure some of our old heros from the past shed a couple tears too but they didn't have cameras in the face the whole time. You know it's interesting, some of the same people here that say you should suspend for every little offense because someone could get hurt, are turning around and bitching because some guys put their heart and soul into their life long dream only to fall a few games shy and become emotional. Show a little compassion people. As for being pissed off, I'm sure they are but don't think that they didn't try...they did, but they got completely out-classed. Anaheim was a superior team who managed to contain Ottawa's big line.
Mikhailova Posted - 06/08/2007 : 09:27:11
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

Couldn't say it better Ottawa deseved to lose they bareley had any shot on net. Don't cry about it, get mad and work your balls off next season to get it.

Ya that's what Drury said: "We could curl up and cry about it and go home, or we could fight like dogs." Anger fuels...next season Buffalo's going to the finals.
manninm Posted - 06/08/2007 : 05:35:58
Just like Buffalo against Ottawa in the Conference Finals (as much as it pains me to make this analogy), Ottawa deserved to lose...so quit whining, suck it up, and focus that energy into next season!! Although, I really can't blame them. To have been labeled choke artists like they have, finally put it to rest only to choke in the finals. Ya, I don't know what I'd do, but I do know I'd be pretty imbalanced emotionally. Then again, I wouldn't be playing for the stinky Ottawa Senators, so it's a moot point!!

Because the demands on a goalie are mostly mental, it means that for a goalie, the biggest enemy is himself." ~Ken Dryden
PainTrain Posted - 06/07/2007 : 19:01:21
quote:
Originally posted by -oil-country-

It's tough, As much as I would like to say I wouldn't cry if I won or lost I am not sure I can honestly say it. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't start bauling or anything maybe a tear or two. It would also depend how close the series was, If it was a 7 game series ending and me losing in OT I would shed a few tears but c'mon losing 6-2 and 4-1 in the series, I wouldn't be crying I would be pissed off at myself.

Couldn't say it better Ottawa deseved to lose they bareley had any shot on net. Don't cry about it, get mad and work your balls off next season to get it.
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 06/07/2007 : 17:54:54
As is often the case, Mik, oilinontario and Oil Country have a far more reasonable point than I do....My buddy said the exact thing. It was game 5 for god's sake! I mean, the writing is on the wall.....I still stand by my harsher claim (Don't Cry in Hockey!!!!!!!!!!!), but I like oil country and Mik's point, the sens should be angry, not sad!

OILINONTARIO Posted - 06/07/2007 : 17:39:59
I agree with oil-country and mikhailova. When a player cries after a series like that, it doesn't show passion as much as self-pity. This opinion, I have to admit, comes with a bit a bit of bias. Comrie, for those who don't know, is the son of Bill Comrie, owner of "The Brick"(a huge furniture and appliance chain in Canada), and part owner of the Oilers. Mike was born and raised in Edmonton, and when he signed with the Oilers, it seemed very natural, and it looked like great fit, as he appeared to have a ton of potential. Well, after one year with the team, he decided that he would rather play elsewhere for more cash. I cannot recall the exact terms, but I beleive he turned down a mil/year offer and sat out the better part of the season for his virtues. I beleive that it is for this that the Sens went so far, yet gained so little. Keep crying, little Mikey. Karma's a bitch.
Mikhailova Posted - 06/07/2007 : 16:49:59
Crying after losing a series is silly, crying after losing the Cup is another story. But as oil-country said, I'd be pissed off too if I just lost the Cup 6-2 after only managing to win one game in the series.
-oil-country- Posted - 06/07/2007 : 16:20:56
It's tough, As much as I would like to say I wouldn't cry if I won or lost I am not sure I can honestly say it. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't start bauling or anything maybe a tear or two. It would also depend how close the series was, If it was a 7 game series ending and me losing in OT I would shed a few tears but c'mon losing 6-2 and 4-1 in the series, I wouldn't be crying I would be pissed off at myself.

I HATE CROSBY Posted - 06/07/2007 : 15:23:16
I don't know, I just think that crying on TV like that is kind of lame. Golf is easily the worst for babies. Did you see Zach Johnson at the Masters? That was the worst.
A hockey guy crying is the worst though.....Big tough guys reduced to tears just from losing? I think that's part of the game!!!!!! They knew the "risks" when they got involved.
As for crying after winning, that's just as bad. I mean get a little perspective or something.
As I said, just something about seing a grown man cry in front of a large audience is really pathetic to me. Messier was easily the worst for it in the NHL. I mean, I expect that from wayne (and especially mario), but Mess was supposed to be a tough guy. Tough guys don't ball there eyes out in front of their teammates

lyall Posted - 06/07/2007 : 14:48:55
People from every losing team cry every year. and people from the winning team too. Like Selanne for example.

"Selanne played in the NHL for 15 years and the for the first time makes it to the finals and wins. And he has to go and ruin it by crying tears of joy as he finally get to hoist that well deserved cup. What a little bitch."

........Come on man. Thats the most nonsenseical thing I've ever heard. Those guys play with their hearts on thier sleve and coming that close and losing it is definitley worth a tear or two.

"I Was So Happy I Gave Kerry Fraser A Hug" -Bill Guerin
Pasty7 Posted - 06/07/2007 : 09:29:57
would you call ray bourque a wuss for crying over the cup?? Gordie howe? brett hull??

Pasty
Mikhailova Posted - 06/07/2007 : 07:50:08
Crying after you lose the Stanley Cup is most likely a sign of dedication and passion for the game, and naturally you're going to be upset when you lose hockey's most coveted prize. Selanne was crying when he won the Cup...I wouldn't say it's wussiness, just a love of the game and winning, or a love of the game and dissappointment in losing the ultimate prize. Half the city of Buffalo was crying when Ottawa knocked the Sabres out...I'd say they're pretty dedicated fans.
semin-rules Posted - 06/07/2007 : 05:40:58
I don't think its wrong to cry if you lost the thing you've been playiong for all year. But I don't think you should make a river of tears. If you have a couple of tears then it shows that you really had passion and your dissapointed that you lost.

~~~Great season Senators. Good job Anaheim!!!~~~
Guest4043 Posted - 06/07/2007 : 00:10:56
To come that close to a life long dream is worthy af a tear or two. leave him be. We can't all be as tough as you.
I´m also Cånädiön Posted - 06/06/2007 : 23:49:34
Didn´t see it but usually when someone cries it means they gave it all they got, losers as winners. I don´t have a problem with a guy crying because he lost the finals it just shows he has a lot of heart for the game.

(Time differance Pickuphockey-Sweden approx +9 hours 1min 5sek......so I can always blame it on Jetlag.)
Guest4024 Posted - 06/06/2007 : 22:13:29
oh cmon he really wanted it. let him be. Hes been waiting for this a long time and this is probably the closest he'll get. i'd cry too

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page