Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Whats your dream cup final?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
FeelThePain Posted - 10/02/2007 : 16:08:47
East Vs. West what teams would you love to see

FeelThePain
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rross Posted - 10/28/2007 : 19:45:22
Montreal mid 70's versus Edomonton mid 80's
rross Posted - 10/28/2007 : 19:44:19
Montreal from the mid-late 70's versus Edmonton mid 80's.
Guest4055 Posted - 10/28/2007 : 19:03:57
Dream Final would be the Edmonton Oilers vs. Anyone. It was incredible to see the whole city erupt when Edmonton made it far in the Playoffs a few years back. The Carolina series was perfect because it went to game 7 with almost all the games extremely close.

Another crazy thing would be the Flames vs. Edmonton whenever in the Playoffs. It would be chaos.
Mikhailova Posted - 10/28/2007 : 17:00:16
quote:
Originally posted by fly4apuckguy

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Smith

My dream cup final is ottawa against detroit.

After playing in the NHL, it's hard to watch hockey games.

It's hard to argue with this. That would be a fantastic series.

Yeah, I'd love to watch my second favorite team (DET) kick my second least-favorite team's (OTT) butt.

fly4apuckguy Posted - 10/26/2007 : 21:21:36
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Smith

It's hard to argue with this. That would be a fantastic series.
Greg Smith Posted - 10/26/2007 : 14:57:17

nashvillepreds Posted - 10/21/2007 : 16:36:14
He's not coming back dude, sorry.

GO PREDATORS GO
KariyaSelanne Posted - 10/21/2007 : 09:51:25
quote:
Originally posted by fly4apuckguy

quote:
Originally posted by KariyaSelanne

Pittsburgh Vs. Anaheim

It goes to game seven and Selanne scores in overtime.

The only problem with this is that Selanne is sitting at home eating Doritos right now.

Ya but he said Stanley Cup final, Selanne could be back by then.
Guest4719 Posted - 10/19/2007 : 17:57:47
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9900

I'm on board for anyone kicking Ottawa's butt in the playoffs.....BUT.....Buffalo would have to make it there first in order for that to happen. AND, if Buffalo couldn't handle them last year (let's not forget they barely squeeked by New York) then I hardly think they're the team to put the Sens out this year. I'm not an Ottawa fan boys, but this team is going to be a menace this year. Even I have to admit that. On the brighter side of things Ottawa does have that incredible record that I know I can always rely on.

They're in 5th place right now...with all their good players gone they've still managed to pull off 5th in the east. Let's not count them out just yet. It's not over till it's over.
fly4apuckguy Posted - 10/19/2007 : 17:53:38
quote:
Originally posted by KariyaSelanne

Pittsburgh Vs. Anaheim

The only problem with this is that Selanne is sitting at home eating Doritos right now.
KariyaSelanne Posted - 10/19/2007 : 17:50:54
Pittsburgh Vs. Anaheim

fly4apuckguy Posted - 10/18/2007 : 21:02:31
Pittsburgh vs Edmonton. My two favorite teams, my current favorite player, and lots of speed. I wouldn't care who won.
Azeman Posted - 10/18/2007 : 20:18:25
toronto vs detroit. causet then detroit would win the cup for sure hahahahaha

GO WINGS GO!!!!
Guest9900 Posted - 10/08/2007 : 22:17:41
I'm on board for anyone kicking Ottawa's butt in the playoffs.....BUT.....Buffalo would have to make it there first in order for that to happen. AND, if Buffalo couldn't handle them last year (let's not forget they barely squeeked by New York) then I hardly think they're the team to put the Sens out this year. I'm not an Ottawa fan boys, but this team is going to be a menace this year. Even I have to admit that. On the brighter side of things Ottawa does have that incredible record that I know I can always rely on.

They lose.

How about Ottawa and the Redwings? If Anaheim hadn't went to the finals last year would Ottawa have beaten Detroit? Well, these two teams haven't changed so much. I'd like to see it.
Mikhailova Posted - 10/08/2007 : 19:44:02
^^ That last post was me (you could probably tell)

Guest4716 Posted - 10/08/2007 : 19:43:40
My dream third round of the playoffs:

Buffalo vs. Ottawa, Buffalo kicks Ottawa's butt in 4 games and advances to the Cup finals, avenging last year's unfortunate turn of events
leafsfan_101 Posted - 10/08/2007 : 17:20:35
I think if Montreal or Toronto were in the finals things would be pretty crazy. Ottawa, Edmonton and Calgary got really huge followings and with Leafs Nation and the Habs Region in the finals they would generate lots of hype.
Guest9914 Posted - 10/08/2007 : 15:46:02
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9974

Okay Beans, I've read quite a few of your posts now on this site and you seem to have an idea what you're talking about most of the time.....but not this time. Calagary vs. Toronto in the Finals would be incredible.

You're close. Not "would be incredible", but "is" incredible. In the true sense of the word.
Beans15 Posted - 10/08/2007 : 08:32:37
I guess I may be the minority then. I can easily say that I would not watch one single game of a Toronto final unless the Oilers were the other team. I would rather golf than watch that kind of hockey.

If you are under the age of 15, please do some research before you make a post about anything pre-1997.
andyhack Posted - 10/08/2007 : 06:04:52
As I'm a Torontonian I guess I feel the pain of Leafs fans more than guys from places far away (Edmonton, or Nunavat, for example) , but I gotta think that for just about any fan of hockey, particularly someone into the history of the game, the Leafs being in the final would raise some interest regardless of what one thinks of the Leafs style of play. And regardless of whether they are even a Leaf fan! You Leaf haters out there would be glued to your seats cheering against them probably, with the level of your interest up significantly from a final with teams from cities like Anaheim and New Jersey.

They may not fit into the definition of your "dream final" (if you take the the question as asking you to include only teams that you like), but I think that the Leafs vying for their first Cup in over 40 years would add a fascinating historical backdrop to the final which would be far from boring.
ED11 Posted - 10/07/2007 : 08:42:23
Well I have been away from the site for a bit but it does look like it has gotten a bit more personal...anyway, to stay on topic I would have to say Toronto vs. Montreal. I would love to see that even though it's not possible anymore :(
Cdallas2 Posted - 10/06/2007 : 11:39:12
Vancouver vs. Montreal.....

Or any combination where the Leafs don't make the playoffs....
Guest9951 Posted - 10/06/2007 : 10:08:41
Ohhhhhhh, you're from Emonton. Well, that explains it.
Beans15 Posted - 10/06/2007 : 09:24:27
Let's be careful about throwing personal shots. That's not the point of these forums.

By the way, Edmonton is a far way from Nunavat, and I guess facts are hard to contest????

If you are under the age of 15, please do some research before you make a post about anything pre-1997.
Guest9992 Posted - 10/06/2007 : 05:37:01
Hi Beans, it's Mr. Guest again. After reading your reply I find my previous comment to have been quite presumptuous. There was nothing snappy or witty about it. Sorry Beans, your comments are not worthy of contestation. By the way, how's the weather in Nunavut these days?
Beans15 Posted - 10/05/2007 : 11:02:33
Mr. Guest who asked to spare everyone of my snappy reply because it is not subject to contestation. What?? That's the whole of fun of sports for sports fans. EVERYTHING is subject to contestation.

Beside, making a comment that it is not a subject to contestation is a little bit of an ignorant view. In all honesty, a Toronto anyone final in my city would get less buzz than two, fast paced American Cities playing in the final. Reason being?? Toronto plays a pretty boring brand of hockey. No offense. It may or may not be effective, but it is still boring.

That's my opinion. Contest it all you wish.

Guest7886 Posted - 10/05/2007 : 06:52:43
Dream Cup.....

Would have to be Flyers VS anyone.... I don't care I just want to see them there.... Am I being tooo greedy????

Long live Orange and Black...
andyhack Posted - 10/05/2007 : 04:09:07
This is a good poll as it points out a great error the NHL is making by structuring the playoffs in a way that certain teams can never meet in the final. Toronto-Montreal is impossible. Not that I really want to see another one of these, but neither is Boston-Montreal. An Edmonton-Calgary final would be wild too, but that's impossible.

But even given the way the NHL is right now, there is still a chance for a really interesting final for a traditional oldtimer like moi.

Boston vs. Chicago

Two original six teams who haven't won in ages - would be a very nice story. Boston's last victory was pre-Watergate and Chicago's was pre-Kennedy assassination. Can you imagine how some long-suffering guy from the Beantown or some even longer suffering guy from the Windy City would feel if one of these two teams finally won? Guess I am also a sentimental oldtimaaaaaa !

Notice the non-Canadian angle by the way. Nothing against Canadian teams but the notion by many Canadian fans that without a Canadian team the final is no good, is kind of silly in my opinion. Having said that, Toronto certainly fits the bill for long-time suffering original six teams. They would make a very good replacement for Boston. The last time Toronto won the Cup, we still had not taken that "step for mankind" on the moon.

Personally, two teams I don't want to see are Pittsburgh and Montreal.

How frigg'n lucky have the fans in Pittsburgh been?! Forgetting hockey for a second, they had one of the best football teams ever in the 70s, and also that recent Super Bowl. I know it's going back to the 70s again, but they also had those "We are Family" Pirates champs in baseball. In hockey, they get Mario Lemieux in the 80s and, when a new wonderkid comes along in modern times, well, they end up getting him too, through an FFF ing lottery moreover! Gotta feel sorry for a team like St. Louis who came in with them in '67. They haven't had any Lemieuxs or Crosbys (the one superduperstar they did have, Wayne, was aging and stayed very briefly).

As for the Habs, well, I've seen enough of them for 77 lifetimes! If they ever make it to a final again and I have to watch some greedy 40 year old plus guy who experienced the glory of the 70s (not to mention the two lucky Cups since) rejoicing over some big Habs overtime goal, or even more disgusting, actually getting up the nerve to be disappointed by something after having watched Cup after Cup in the '70s, I am going to pack up all my stuff, including my Terry O'Reilly jersey, fly to some jungle halfway around the world and take a boat up some Mosquito Coast where hopefully I can find a peaceful, clean and pure Habfan-less world!

Guest9974 Posted - 10/04/2007 : 20:20:03
Okay Beans, I've read quite a few of your posts now on this site and you seem to have an idea what you're talking about most of the time.....but not this time. Calagary vs. Toronto in the Finals would be incredible. First, if the Toronto Maple Leafs were to actually make it to the Stanley Cup Finals the entire city of Toronto would be absolutely intoxicated with passion for their beloved Leafs! As you are well aware they haven't been there for ages and haven't one a cup in so long that they'd forget what it even looked like if it weren't for the hockey hall of fame being there to remind them! Without a question the Leafs would be ignited by hockey's holy city if they were to make it to the cup finals. It wouldn't matter who Toronto met in the Finals, it would be a series to remember. Now, my second point begins with a question. When is the last time two Canadian teams met in the finals? Yes, 1989 Beans! Calgary and Montreal. I am certain that if two canadian teams were to meet in the finals again, no matter who they were, it would be an amazing series. Calgary vs. Toronto. Un-entertaining?? Come on now Beans, let's be realistic. And one more thing, spare us all your snappy reply that you have no doubt already begun to formulate in your mind. This is not subject to contestation.
Guest9795 Posted - 10/04/2007 : 07:32:59
Would love to see Toronto/Detroit final, would be the highest rated series ever for TV viewership and coverage . . . but with Toronto's line-up right now, it ain't gonna happen. Maybe in a couple of year (rolls eyes)

Current POSSIBLE match-ups I would love to see?
Ottawa/Calgary
and I agree with another poster here, Pittsburgh/SanJose
Guest8301 Posted - 10/04/2007 : 05:44:06
Actually number1leafsfan, I very much admit that the ducks were the the better team or else they wouldn't have won, the only Senators that showed up for the Ott - Ducks final was Alfie and Fisher.

and by the way, lame, is not winning a stanley cup or even making it to the finals since 1967!(i think you know who i'm talking about)

another cup final I would like to see is MTL - EDM
number1leafsfan Posted - 10/03/2007 : 15:27:58
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

With all due respect, I can't really think of a more un-entertaining Final than Toronto vs Calgary. Neither team has much flair.

Im Sorta just sayin that because like i said leafs my favourite team toronto my 2nd favourite Calgary but maybe if im talkin about the leafs id say leafs and Vancouver

I am what I am- Sid The Kid
Beans15 Posted - 10/03/2007 : 13:22:07
With all due respect, I can't really think of a more un-entertaining Final than Toronto vs Calgary. Neither team has much flair.

number1leafsfan Posted - 10/03/2007 : 12:50:24
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8301

rematch with Ottawa Senators vs. Anaheim Mighty Sucks!

Ottawa wins the cup in 3 games because Anaheim surrenders after getting their butts kicked in the first 3!

OHHHHH YEAH!!!

Wow that is pretty lame 8301 you cant admit that the ducks are better

I would like to see TOR Vs. Cal 1st reason my favourite team in the western confrence is cal and i love the leafs and 2nd i just think it would be pretty good. this is what would happen game 7 5th OT Blake scores shorthanded

I am what I am- Sid The Kid
Guest8301 Posted - 10/03/2007 : 10:53:08
rematch with Ottawa Senators vs. Anaheim Mighty Sucks!

Ottawa wins the cup in 3 games because Anaheim surrenders after getting their butts kicked in the first 3!

OHHHHH YEAH!!!
spade632 Posted - 10/03/2007 : 08:51:29
quote:
Originally posted by PuckNuts

It would be great to see a Montreal vs Toronto final, but the way the league is it could not happen.

Agreed, just for the rivalry.

I'd like to see Ottawa vs. San Jose. That would be one hell of a series.

All-time - 83-84 Oilers vs. 76-77 Habs.
PuckNuts Posted - 10/03/2007 : 05:38:04
It would be great to see a Montreal vs Toronto final, but the way the league is it could not happen.

I would like to see Pittsburgh play Detroit in the Cup finals.

I picked each of them to win their respective conferences...

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

Beans15 Posted - 10/02/2007 : 17:58:59
71-72 Bruins vs. 87-88 Oilers. Then Willus might learn

Seriously, this year, I would love to see NYR or Pitt vs SJ or Colorado. Any combo of those match ups would be great.

willus3 Posted - 10/02/2007 : 17:16:57
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Calgary Flames vs. Ottawa Senators - Calgary at home in 7. Triple OT. Iginla from Conroy and Kiprusoff - shorthanded break away.

Ohhhh baby!!!!! I get giddy thinking about it!

Love the specifics Leigh!

I think right now I would enjoy seeing San Jose vs Pittsburgh. A showdown between the two top players.
And both teams are hugely talented. I think it would be a very entertaining series. I have no doubt at this point San Jose would win the series but it would certainly be great hockey.

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
leigh Posted - 10/02/2007 : 16:36:21
Calgary Flames vs. Ottawa Senators - Calgary at home in 7. Triple OT. Iginla from Conroy and Kiprusoff - shorthanded break away.

Ohhhh baby!!!!! I get giddy thinking about it!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page