Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Forum Rules and Announcements
 Monthly Help -- Heading in to the home stretch

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex Posted - 02/26/2008 : 16:44:03
What can I say but, OH MAN!

With eight legitamite contenders in Anaheim, San Jose, Colorado, New Jersey, Ottawa, Dallas, Detroit and Pittsburgh, plus all the yearly surprise teams, it is getting very hard to draft a playoff pool.

However, I think I am not doing to bad.

I currently own Alfredsson and Spezza to represent me in Ottawa. I have Getzlaf, Perry, Pronger and Giguere over in Anaheim. I have Nabokov and new addition Campbell in San Jose. Brenden Morrow is my man in Dallas while I am resting on Malkin in Pittsburgh, after recently dropping Crosby for Perry. And in Detroit, I have Holmstrom and Zetterberg.

I am torn with which way to go now. I desperately want Selanne and Niedermayer, though am a little apprehensive of putting all my eggs in one basket, especially with all the stiff competition in the West. However, I see myself going down the path of last year, being incompetent, and having a representative in about 14 of the 16 teams. I also have Gaborik and Phaneuf of note, as well as Jagr, Vanek and others...!

I need help deciding where to go. I could go with Selanne, but I also could go a number of other routes. I don't think Crosby will be available by my turn, and am not sure if I would take him anyways. Sakic and Statsny are available, as is Foppa but I think they will still be available next month. I am steering clear of Habs for the time being, because I have lost faith with what to me was a move that said ''we dont consider ourselves contenders this year'' by dishing out Huet.

Fisher is available, but there are too many other good choices. Lehtinen in Dallas is also available, as is Modano. In San Jose, Cheechoo is up for grabs while in New Jersey I can have Parise.

HELP! WHAT TEAMS SHOULD I LOAD UP ON?

Habs get number 25 this year
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Antroman Posted - 03/03/2008 : 20:48:43
Ottawa players are not going to be much good for a playoff pool team because the Leafs are going to get in and knock them out as per usual. LOL.
Datsyuk 1 Posted - 03/03/2008 : 20:38:03
Hey Alex you just have to keep Ottawa players. They might not be on top of the regular season although in the playoffs they will be.

Good defense is good offense!
PainTrain Posted - 02/27/2008 : 10:07:06
I have a feeling NJ will do well in the playoffs. Jamie Langenbrunner has proved he is a go to guy in the playoffs. Gionta, Elias, Parise are another guys who you could pick up from NJ. Also, try to pick a couple defenceman. PP's have to be good in the playoffs and having a QB in your pool will help. Ryan Whitney or Sergei Gonchar should rack up a lot of points with that dominant offence ahead of them. Hope that helps.
Beans15 Posted - 02/26/2008 : 17:27:53
Be careful in the northwest. Calgary has been on fire as of late and is the top of the division for now. However, they could turn cold really quick. And Colorado is currently 4 points out of a playoff spot. If they don't gel quickly with their new help, they could miss the playoffs. The NW will more than likely go down to the wire with only 6 points separating 1st to 4th in the division.

The winner of the NW will have a huge advantage as the others in the Northwest will more than likely be the 6th, 7th or 8th seed. That's a first round match up against Detroit or Dallas or a tough division rival.

And I would be careful of the Pacific as well. Dallas, San Jose, and Anaheim will all make it. However, one will be the 2nd seed and the others will be more than likely 4th and 5th. If the playoffs were to start today, San Jose would play Anaheim in the first round!! I wouldn't bet on the series. So 2 of the favorites in the West will more than likely match up in the first round.

I would say close to the top 3 seeds in the West, but realistically, the 1-8 seeds are all very dangerous and all have the ability to win a series against anyone else.

Tough decisions ahead of you, young Jedi.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page