Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Hockey Pool Sidekicks are No Guarantee

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4044 Posted - 01/09/2007 : 00:21:32
Hey I read this on this site and wanted to post it in the forums. It's Good stuff

(CP) - It's never automatic but certainly the assumption is any player who lines up with an NHL superstar will pick up points and his fantasy hockey owner will reap the benefits.

Not always the case, ace. False expectations abound in Pittsburgh where too many players lucky enough to skate with Sidney Crosby have proved they couldn't drop a puck down a well.

How do you go 22 games on the Penguins' top unit and not score a single goal? That's what Colby Armstrong did to start the season, most of it playing with Crosby. Armstrong's great potential has dissolved into great disappointment.

He's not the only stud turned dud.

Nils Ekman, over from the Sharks, was Crosby's right-winger when the season opened and, rightly so, poolies on draft day were on him like a rash.

But now they're just scratching their heads, trying to figure out how Ekman could only score two goals in his first 12 games as the Kid's sidekick. What looked like a promising 50-60 point campaign is now stalled with injury at 15 points.

Happily for those poolies smart enough to draft Mark Recchi, this veteran is now flourishing on Crosby's right side. The left wing is now occupied by Evgeni Malkin, who would be highly valued no matter where he played.

Before Malkin had the spot it belonged to Ryan Malone, who has one goal and that one point in his last nine games.

The abysmal production defies all reason save for an understanding of how some players can make poolies go bonkers.

The rest of the article is here:
http://www.pickuphockey.com/hockeynews.aspx?article=h010821A

-----------------------------
Canadian Press
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
the hockey guy Posted - 01/22/2007 : 13:07:57
One side kick that really worked out for me was Slava Kozlov. I have both him and kovalchuk and they are working miracles for me and the trade that is being processed now will land me lecavalier and i allready have St. Louis! Cant wait to be at the top of my pool
the hockey guy Posted - 01/22/2007 : 12:43:37
Im kinda new to this hockey pool thing and when i went to draft my first pool i didn't know who to pick. But that is a great tip..pick linemates that benefit from each other. Thanks Guys!
Beans15 Posted - 01/09/2007 : 15:57:09
I agree that if you have the sidekick, the pick may not be great. But if you can get two or three guys that normally play together, it is a good pick. An example, I had Nagy, Doan, and Comrie in my pool last year and they almost always had points together. So one goal from that line usually produced three points. Not great picks individually, but together make some decent points, especially since Doan and Comrie were 9th and 10th round picks for me.
Guest6916 Posted - 01/09/2007 : 15:44:44
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4727

I got lucky with one guy . . . Marion Hossa. Hossa is a good player, don't get me wrong, but with Kovalchuck and Kozlov he is rea;;y flourishing.

I choose Cheechoo in the second round of my pool and he hasnt produced like a second round pick ( there are only 4 guys (including myself)and i had last pick.

I disagree. Hossa makes that line what it is. He has always been dominant.
Guest4727 Posted - 01/09/2007 : 15:25:45
I got lucky with one guy . . . Marion Hossa. Hossa is a good player, don't get me wrong, but with Kovalchuck and Kozlov he is rea;;y flourishing.

I choose Cheechoo in the second round of my pool and he hasnt produced like a second round pick ( there are only 4 guys (including myself)and i had last pick.

Ryan Harper Posted - 01/09/2007 : 10:30:54
Fair enough. I took Mark Bell in the last round hoping he would fit in with Thornton and Cheechoo. Didn't work.

But what about:

Zubrus, Semin, Clark all benefiting from Ovechkin
Kunitz from McDonald and Selanne
Erat from Kariya

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky
bablaboushka Posted - 01/09/2007 : 08:57:30
Yep, I had to learn the hard way with Armstrong in my pool. Thank god for the bias rule.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page