Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Player's Pool Value

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 10/28/2010 : 14:04:25
In a shallow pool, where only Goals, Assists, and PIMs count for skaters, which of these forwards has more upside early this season?

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 10/29/2010 : 09:43:06
Yea, the risk of having the full line is what stopped me from drafting him. This is the main reason why I'm going to stick with Kesler until at least 20 games in, at which point I'll re-evaluate.

I'm not super sold on Patrick Sharp as I beleive he is playing over his own head right now. Even as a Hawks fan, I can't see him keeping up his numbers.

Bourque and Chris Stewart are really interesting to me too, but I think one or both of them are going to be picked up before the weekend.

polishexpress Posted - 10/29/2010 : 08:25:45
Its good to have variety in your team, though Hawk. If Anaheim loses a player (a la Getzlaf last year) you'll be scrambling for points with your anaheim guys.

I'd keep Kesler or get a different player over getting Ryan, I wouldn't be comfortable with having a full line of players, though that is one of the best lines in the league.

Getting Ryan would be a move that could win you the pool if the rest of your team is strong enough, as you would be racking up points every Anaheim game.

So depends how much risk/reward there is for you in getting Ryan. It seems like you already have your mind made up, though,so just giving my 2cents worth.
ToXXiK1 Posted - 10/29/2010 : 08:04:38
I have to go with the census, Bobby Ryan.
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 10/29/2010 : 07:41:14
Bobby Ryan is definitely my favorite in this class, partly for his numbers, and partly because it would complete my Anaheim set Because I am a dork like that...

I've already got Getzlaf and traded for Perry prior to season's start.

For the time being I'm sitting pretty comfortably in the standings so I'm going to hold Kesler until at least 20 games in and hope he picks it up.

nuxfan Posted - 10/28/2010 : 21:09:11
Sharp gets very few PIM's though - in fact this year he has zero so far.

Some quick math on what a few players would be worth now:

- Sharp: 12 pts (9g 3a)
- Ryan: 14.2pts (4g 5a 27 PIM)
- Borque: 9.2 pts (6g 2a 6 PIM)

With your combination, I think Ryan is the perfect pick. He gets plenty o' points (remember, he has 9 points after a very dismal start for ANA, he didn't record his first point until 4 games in), plays on ANA top line and top PP combo, and gets mins. Last year Sharp had 28 PIM, Ryan had 81, and both had the same number of points.
Pasty7 Posted - 10/28/2010 : 19:31:40
i think Sharp is someone to consider espcially with Hossa now down he will be relied on to score a lot of goals

Pasty
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 10/28/2010 : 19:20:57
Hehe I didn't make the rules, I'm just playing the game

Goal = 1pt
Assist = 1pt
PIM = 0.2pts per minute, so a 5 min major is 1pt

polishexpress Posted - 10/28/2010 : 17:19:35
Exactly, with PIM's included, it's hard to exclude Rene Bourque.

But I would take Bobby Ryan, especially since he can always have a chance to play on one of the top lines in the NHL today, with Getzlaf and Perry.

I just would have a quick question, would points be more heavily weighted than penalty minutes?

(I never really understood PIM's being a positive in a hockey pool: if a player is being penalized, shouldn't that be a negative thing?)
nuxfan Posted - 10/28/2010 : 16:29:10
If PIM's are included, then I'd take Bobby Ryan or Rene Bourque.
Alex116 Posted - 10/28/2010 : 15:24:01
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinOilCountry

Almost a month in, and really only looking out of curiosity.

My pick was Kesler, who is kind of slacking out of the gate. The rest of my Forwards are going strong.

Wondering what some other poolies think?

Would kinda depend on values for the goals, assists and especially the PIM's! If it were just goals and assists, i'd lean towards Ryan, Sharp, Bourque and Tavares. PIM's makes it tough though.... If PIM's get you lots of points, a guy like Dustin Brown gives a good mix of pts and pims.....
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 10/28/2010 : 14:08:34
Almost a month in, and really only looking out of curiosity.

My pick was Kesler, who is kind of slacking out of the gate. The rest of my Forwards are going strong.

Wondering what some other poolies think?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page