Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Picking up players after injury

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dan.k.w Posted - 11/19/2010 : 09:24:58
I've been debating what to do when a few big name players come back this year.

Marc Savard in Jan maybe
Zach Parise in Feb

I know there is a risk to picking these guys up, but do you think the risk would pay off to pick up either of these 2 when they return ?

I feel like Boston will trade 1 of their centres, but it sure is tempting !
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
irvine Posted - 11/20/2010 : 11:30:41
They could move one to the wing, if they can clear the cap space required to keep all four. Otherwise, one must be moved. Likely, Savard. If a team is willing to acquire a player, although talented, that is coming back from a concussion.

Irvine/prez.
Utemin Posted - 11/19/2010 : 17:40:04
Boston is doing fine without Savard, if put on with Lucic and Horton he could get 1.30PPG

The Monkey is me
Awesome One Posted - 11/19/2010 : 15:09:29
The Bruins have four very important centers (Savard, Seguin, Bergeron, Krejci) so I think that the most simple solution is to move either Seguin or Bergeron to the wing when Savard gets back.

Untill then, this is not a problem.

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".
dan.k.w Posted - 11/19/2010 : 09:55:10
The pool ranking is a good point for sure. The concussion ones scare me a bit, but im thinking the Parise knee is maybe a bit of a lower risk.

Im thinking I should look up similar knee injuries and how they returned.
Alex116 Posted - 11/19/2010 : 09:46:47
I'm looking at the same thing. Been keeping an eye on Savard's progress as well as Mueller in Colorado. Both are very risky as they're dealing with concussions and it's not unusual for a guy to come back and then realize he's not 100% after a few games. The only way i pick a guy like these up is if i need to make a bit of a bold move to win or catch up in my pool. The risk / reward factor comes into play in a huge way here. If i'm leading or near the top in a pool, i'd prob try to avoid these types unless the free agent pool is very shallow and i had/have a major injury to one of my better players whereby they were out for the year or for a very extended period of time.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page