Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Keeper pool questions.

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4271 Posted - 04/08/2011 : 02:14:01
getting ready to start my first keeper draft pool. I've never done one of these before. Any pointers or rules different from a normal draft? Is there a web site with a variety of rule listings? Any help or advice is appreciated.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 04/08/2011 : 06:02:14
Well, the key for a keeper pool is figuring out a good number of "keepers" for each team.

You have to weigh in a few factors . . . how many are in the pool, will there be many who join next year/leave/stay for a long time, and most importantly, how many players each team has.

As an example, I have ten people in my keeper pool, each of us has a team of 25 players, with only the top 12 forwards, 6 d-men and 2 goalies counted at the end of the year (5 extra players for any position you want - this is to ensure injuries don't totally kill anyone's season). We have decided this year to have only 6 keepers for each team.

We are probably going to have at least one new guy next year, and I have explained that he would get the first 6 picks in the draft, and then automatically be #1 in the draft afterward (so actually top 7 players), and then everyone else would be seeded opposite as to how they finished last year. This, I think, will be very fair to the new guy, who obviously can't get any of the A+ stars as they will all be kept . . . but he'll get a good corps of star players nonetheless.

I do ask my poolies though for input . . . but the key for the keeper pool - to make it interesting, IMHO, is to not allow too many players getting kept. If there is a great team or two out there . . . people will drop out with no chance to win.

Hope that helps.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page