Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Anyone have room for a pooly?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nanaimoite Posted - 08/10/2011 : 12:23:33
i want to be in a pool for the upcoming season, but if i create one, i only have about 3 or 4 guys that will actually play. so if anyone has room, let me know
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nuxfan Posted - 09/10/2011 : 10:31:07
so my existing pool filled up this year, no room for any new teams. However, if there is enough interest, I'd be happy to setup a yahoo pool for PUH members to go head to head against each other. We'd need a minimum of 8 teams for it to be worthwhile, and a max of 12.

In order to join a yahoo pool, you'll need a yahoo ID (yahoo.com or yahoo.ca email address is your ID). My last list of interested included:

- nuxfan
- alex
- nanaimoite
- beans
- sensfan
- @valanch

is anyone else interested? If I can get up to 8, I'll create the pool and PM invites to all those on the list. As already mentioned, I'd set it up for head-to-head competition and a live draft.
Guest0220 Posted - 08/22/2011 : 20:43:48
I'm in!!

-DEEE
Sensfan101 Posted - 08/12/2011 : 11:53:00
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

sensfan - the pool would not be hosted by PUH, but would be made up of PUH forum members, on yahoo. Still interested?

Sounds like we might have enough to float our own:

- me
- alex
- nanaimoite
- beans
- sensfan
- @valanche

any more?

Yeah definately I'll join that's what I meant anyway

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
nuxfan Posted - 08/12/2011 : 11:46:04
sensfan - the pool would not be hosted by PUH, but would be made up of PUH forum members, on yahoo. Still interested?

Sounds like we might have enough to float our own:

- me
- alex
- nanaimoite
- beans
- sensfan
- @valanche

any more?
@valanche Posted - 08/12/2011 : 10:44:59
i would definitely be interested in doing something like this

66 is > than 99
Sensfan101 Posted - 08/12/2011 : 09:40:32
If we are doing a pool on pickup hockey I would like to join.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
nuxfan Posted - 08/11/2011 : 19:53:34
it doesn't take long to enter in a list - you basically build it from a pre-existing list ranked from the previous year (which is your default list if you do nothing). However, live draft is always better, you can make last minute changes while you're drafting...

I'm sure we could all find a good time - like a Monday evening, or whatever. Most of us are within 3 time zones.
Alex116 Posted - 08/11/2011 : 18:43:28
Ah, i get it. Prob be better to do a live one if we could agree on a time. Inputting a prefferred list could take quite a while i'm guessing?
nuxfan Posted - 08/11/2011 : 17:08:57
yahoo pools can be setup either as regular draft or autodraft. For autodraft you create a prioritized list of players (all players), and the computer does it all for you - you end up with a team.

I don't do autodraft anymore, I prefer the regular draft - so I'd just setup a time when we draft and we all sign on and draft - it takes about 45 minutes to get 10 teams to pick 15 players each.
Alex116 Posted - 08/11/2011 : 15:58:09
Sounds good, i'll look into it and would be interested for sure. Not nearly as much traffic on here during the offseason so maybe we wait till mid Sept to see if we can get a little interest then do it before the season starts.

One question, in your other post, you mentioned "autodraft"? What is that? Do you not pick your own teams?
nuxfan Posted - 08/11/2011 : 11:57:21
well you know - if we had enough peeps from here, I could just setup a private pool and start building with those interested from PUH... me, Alex, beans so far, is anyone else interested in a PUH yahoo pool? If we didn't have enough from PUH we could start inviting friends, ideal number for a yahoo pool is 10-12 teams. I don't have any allegiance to my existing pool, I only know them through the pool.

Alex - yeah, its one of the regular yahoo pool types, see the hockey fantasy page for details on "head to head", as opposed to rotisserie. You basically go head to head with another team each week (your pool against his), and compete in select categories (goalie and offense) for that week's play, a point awarded for each category. Whoever has the most points at the end of the week wins that week, and you start fresh the following week. Playoffs follow the same pattern, top 6 or 8 teams go at it in the final few weeks of the regular season.
Beans15 Posted - 08/11/2011 : 11:29:27
Nux, I would also be interested in something like that.
keep me in mind if you need more people.
Alex116 Posted - 08/11/2011 : 11:08:38
nuxfan, i may be interested in joining? I've never done one like that so i'd have to read up on it a bit? Is there a link you could post to the homepage with instructions or is it easy to find on Yahoo Fantasy?

Keep me posted as you get near the draft date and send me some details?
nuxfan Posted - 08/11/2011 : 08:56:32
Nanaimo, what sort of pools do you do? One of the pools I'm in is a regular yahoo pool (head-to-head, autodraft, trades, waivers, etc) that has had waning attendance over the years, last year we ended up with only 6. We'd love to have some new participants - is that the sort of pool you're into?
Alex116 Posted - 08/11/2011 : 07:45:41
Slozo, if this guy is legit, i'd venture to guess Nanaimo (small town 1.5 hour ferry ride from West Vancouver, on Vancouver Island).

Nanaimoite.....
I don't do any online pools, so i don't have any "spots" to offer up. Do you not have some other guys you know who you can get in and do an online pool? I go in various pools in all different sports (even golf, lol) with guys from all over Canada and the US. As long as someone vouches for someone, we let them in. IF, that person doesn't buck up (make people pay early through paypal or email transfer), they're booted AND the guy who vouched for them has to pay for them!
n/a Posted - 08/10/2011 : 18:03:57
quote:
Originally posted by nanaimoite

i want to be in a pool for the upcoming season, but if i create one, i only have about 3 or 4 guys that will actually play. so if anyone has room, let me know

what city?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page