Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 how many points...nash and carter

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jeffSkinner19 Posted - 09/03/2011 : 22:34:41
how many points will rick nash and jeff carter get this coming season?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pasty7 Posted - 09/05/2011 : 17:03:52
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

A list of players off the top of my head I would take well before Nash (in no specific order, assuming everyone is healthy, and for this season only):

Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, Sedin, Sedin, Getlaf, Perry, Stamkos, St. Louis, Iginla, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, E. Staal, B. Richards, M. Gaborik, Ryan, Kesler, Toews, Kane, Thornton, Marleau, Kopitar, Eriksson.

I bet I am missing some as well. That's more than 20 players. Your bias run deep!!!!

personally Ryan Gaborik Thornton Marleau Eriksson Kane Kesler are deffinetly not ahead of Nash in my opinion, the rest are all very comparable players with the exception of Ovie Crosby,

obviously we are not going to agree on this but in the past olympics Nash was in my opinion Canada`s third best player after Geztlaf and Toews, and Toews and Nash were amazing together at both ends of the rink, my point is Nash has never played with a player even close to his level of skill besides in tournament play, and when he does play surronded by all of these players you named as better than he is he rises to the occaision and plays better than all of them,

the combintion of size speed strength and skill in Nash is a rare thing in this game and as i said if one year he cleans up in vegas as Perry did this past season i really wouldn`t be all that surprised he has all the tools to be that player,

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Beans15 Posted - 09/05/2011 : 15:49:15
A list of players off the top of my head I would take well before Nash (in no specific order, assuming everyone is healthy, and for this season only):

Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, Sedin, Sedin, Getlaf, Perry, Stamkos, St. Louis, Iginla, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, E. Staal, B. Richards, M. Gaborik, Ryan, Kesler, Toews, Kane, Thornton, Marleau, Kopitar, Eriksson.

I bet I am missing some as well. That's more than 20 players. Your bias run deep!!!!
Pasty7 Posted - 09/05/2011 : 14:19:00
quote:

Well Pasty, I think we will have to agree to disagree. I don't see Nash as a top 10 in the league in talent. I think his overall skills were over inflated due to winning the Richard in a season where no one really scored much at all. He is a great talent and a legitimate #1 line player, but I don't see him top 10 in the league in anything.

I also think you are undervaluing both Richards and Briere as players. None the less, time will tell.

I guess we do disagree but as i said i am a bit Bias because he is one of my favorite players because i really can`t think of ten players i would take before Nash, maybe if you include goalies

Beans15 Posted - 09/05/2011 : 13:17:51
Well Pasty, I think we will have to agree to disagree. I don't see Nash as a top 10 in the league in talent. I think his overall skills were over inflated due to winning the Richard in a season where no one really scored much at all. He is a great talent and a legitimate #1 line player, but I don't see him top 10 in the league in anything.

I also think you are undervaluing both Richards and Briere as players. None the less, time will tell.
Pasty7 Posted - 09/04/2011 : 21:16:21
quote:

Personally, I think that is an over estimate for both players. I like Nash and Carter, but Nash has never been close to 90 pts. His best season is 79 pts. Carter has been closer to 35 goals for most of his career. He has one season of more then 36 goals.

Granted, Nash has never played with talent as good as Carter but Carter has played with others as skilled as Nash. I agree with Ryan where they will both be closer to 70ish than 80+. Both will have 35ish goals. Neither will have 40 or more, but that's just my gut talking. I don't think they will mesh as well as others are obviously thinking.

I agree beans your logic is sound but Nash is one of those players who has the talent to one year just go out and score 50+ goals and have somewhere near 45 assist's, i mean who thought perry would be the league MVP last season, Nash is one of my favorite players and as i said your prediction is much more Logical but he could have a career year at 27 years old he wouldn't be the first, plus Carter imo has never player with a player as good as Nash, Richards Brierre both very talented players but Nash is a top 10 in the league if not higher, and just take Nash's work on the world stage when he has has that elite talent to play with Nash always rose to be one of Canada's best

Beans15 Posted - 09/04/2011 : 20:46:20
Personally, I think that is an over estimate for both players. I like Nash and Carter, but Nash has never been close to 90 pts. His best season is 79 pts. Carter has been closer to 35 goals for most of his career. He has one season of more then 36 goals.

Granted, Nash has never played with talent as good as Carter but Carter has played with others as skilled as Nash. I agree with Ryan where they will both be closer to 70ish than 80+. Both will have 35ish goals. Neither will have 40 or more, but that's just my gut talking. I don't think they will mesh as well as others are obviously thinking.
Pasty7 Posted - 09/04/2011 : 14:41:17
i bet you Carter scores 45ish and Nash`s assist total rises, i could see Nash score 90 ish points this year

ryan93 Posted - 09/04/2011 : 06:18:21
My guess is 70ish.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page