Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 RNH - Staying in the show?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Traveller Posted - 10/17/2011 : 21:15:28
Anyone think Ryan Nugent Hopkins is the real deal?

Anyone in the Edmonton area - what are they saying? Is he going to stay with the big club after 9 games or is he going to be sent back down to dominate and get a bit bigger?

He doesn't look like he's too out of place thus far albeit only a few games in.

I am thinking about using a trade here early as I am off to a very bad start and have a couple of players that I took late that were injured to start the season (The player I am thinking of dropping is Sam Gagner - and no, it doesn't have to be another Oiler)

Thoughts?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kirby Posted - 10/23/2011 : 01:55:43
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8149

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is never going to pay another game od Junior Hockey!

It's a no brainer now and it was virtually a no brainer before the start of the regular season. When was the last time a first overall pick was sent back to junior? 20 years?

From a strategic standpoint, the Oilers could send RNH back to the minors to help them secure another top draft pick, but I can't see that happening. Think about it - if RNH is so good that the difference in keeping him in the lineup ensures the Oilers to finish above the bottom five NHL teams, then he deserves to stay!

On HNIC's Hot Stove tonight, Eric Francis made the comment that Brent Sutter's Flames were motivated to keep the kid in check when the the Oilers played the Flames earlier this
week, and in part, so the Red Deer Rebels (a team owned by Sutter) could benefit by RNH being sent down. I can't imagine the Oilers helping to make that happen. Not because they want to deprive the Rebels (Sutter's junior team) of his talent, but RNH is clearly ready for the NHL (despite his one blemish, which is a weakness in the face-off circle), and like Toews and Kane who played for the basement-dwelling Blackhawks five years ago, his experience will help the Oilers rebuild by playing in the NHL.

But I must admit (as a Canadian hockey fan), I would love to see RNH suit up with the Canadian world junior hockey team this year in Alberta! But it's very very unlikely to happen!

I dont think Eric Johnson was sent back to junior, and that was only like 5 years or so ago

A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be. -Wayne Gretzky
Oilearl Posted - 10/23/2011 : 00:16:42
I think he's able to play at this level, however they may send him down to stay on schedule for the rebuilding process. My point is they may send him only because they know that eventually there will be a need to resign these top picks. Probably would want to spread them out so that they can accomodate them for a period in a few years when they plan on contending for a cup.

Even with RNH in the lineup I don't see them making the playoffs this year. I love this kids game but believe patience and good timing are important for the eventual goal.

I also would love to see him playing for Canada at the world juniors. .
Guest8149 Posted - 10/22/2011 : 23:13:59
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is never going to play another game of Junior Hockey!

It's a no brainer now and it was virtually a no brainer before the start of the regular season. When was the last time a first overall pick was sent back to junior? 20 years?

From a strategic standpoint, the Oilers could send RNH back to the minors to help them secure another top draft pick, but I can't see that happening. Think about it - if RNH is so good that the difference in keeping him in the lineup ensures the Oilers to finish above the bottom five NHL teams, then he deserves to stay!

On HNIC's Hot Stove tonight, Eric Francis made the comment that Brent Sutter's Flames were motivated to keep the kid in check when the the Oilers played the Flames earlier this
week, and in part, so the Red Deer Rebels (a team owned by Sutter) could benefit by RNH being sent down. I can't imagine the Oilers helping to make that happen. Not because they want to deprive the Rebels (Sutter's junior team) of his talent, but RNH is clearly ready for the NHL (despite his one blemish, which is a weakness in the face-off circle), and like Toews and Kane who played for the basement-dwelling Blackhawks five years ago, his experience will help the Oilers rebuild by playing in the NHL.

But I must admit (as a Canadian hockey fan), I would love to see RNH suit up with the Canadian world junior hockey team this year in Alberta! But it's very very unlikely to happen!

Guest8149 Posted - 10/22/2011 : 23:09:00
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is never going to pay another game od Junior Hockey!

BucketHead Posted - 10/22/2011 : 21:35:32
ppg so far 7 points in 7 games, better numbers than hall or eberle at this point last year, he better stay.
Guest8801 Posted - 10/21/2011 : 06:34:06
He'll be here all this year and for many years to come!
Traveller Posted - 10/18/2011 : 20:21:40
Actually, right after I posted this I was watching the Ticker and saw that Kesler was coming back...so I got rid of Gagner - my 10th round (and final) picked up Kesler...not too bad and may just be my saving grace (I also got Crosby 3rd round - big risk but should be big reward)

But I still wonder about RNH. As an Oilers fan that line of Hall, Eberle and RNH is something else...
nuxfan Posted - 10/17/2011 : 21:38:59
regardless of what happens with RNH, you should drop Gagner... there must be something better in the hopper.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page