Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Pool help!!!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4806 Posted - 10/23/2011 : 22:18:47
Hey guyz im in a pool with 8 people and we all drafted 6 forwards 4 defense and a goalie... Points system is going by 1 point for foal and 1 point for assist. Goalie is 2 points for win plus an additional 3 for the shutout..
My team:
Daniel sedin
Ryan getzlaf
Brad richards
John tavares
Zach parise
Joe thornton
Keith yandle
Nicholas lidstrom
Lubomir visnovsky
Mike green
Ryan miller

Main competitions team:
Alex ovechkin
Martin st lous
Sidney crosby
Claude giroux
Eric staal
Danny briere
Dion phaneuf
Shea weber
Chris pronger
Brent burns
Tim thomas

Whos team is better given that we are only aloud 2 trades (including injuries)all year or someone with equal or less points ?????
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest7540 Posted - 10/26/2011 : 10:00:41
the team that finishes with the most points at the end of the year will be the better team :)
Guest6316 Posted - 10/25/2011 : 08:23:03
Back out? Seriously? And $300 for a pool with 8 players? Winner takes $2400 bucks? I've heard of $100 buy-ins, and those are pricy. I'm in a pool for $50 bucks, that's steep for me, and I'm only in for that much because I've won two years in a row. What are you, some billionaire's 12 year old son with money to burn and no brain to set up a pool? You can't back out AFTER you pick a team... Ridiculous.
Guest9701 Posted - 10/24/2011 : 18:37:11
it's true guest4806! how could you join a pool that enables you to bail after the draft. what a joke! So if 1 person is not happy with their team or doesn't like the competition, they can quit? The money should be collected before the draft buddy! I wouldn't join your pool with those stipulations. What's the point if you can't showcase your GM skills? i still think your team is better tho, good luck chump!
OILINONTARIO Posted - 10/24/2011 : 17:43:18
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

I'm still disgusted that anyone would go in a pool where guys can quit after they pick a team!!!

Totally agree. So many experience 'buyer's remorse' the day after the draft. In mine, payment is required ahead of time, since the one year that one person didn't pay, and then moved out of town. It was a wash though, because her boyfriend ended up winning.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2012.
foolpittier Posted - 10/24/2011 : 15:32:50
i would have stayed, myself, i like money.
Alex116 Posted - 10/24/2011 : 14:33:59
I'm still disgusted that anyone would go in a pool where guys can quit after they pick a team!!!
Leafs81 Posted - 10/24/2011 : 11:51:20
your team seems like a winner to me. Joe Thornton to round up your 6 forwards is pretty impressive. D. Sedin, Getzlaf and Tavares could easily be in the top 10.

Then you have the 3 top defense from last year (point wise) plus you have Mike Green.

Ryan Miller as a goalie. This is a good team. Richards being with a new team and Parise having a big injury last year would be my two concerns.
Guest9701 Posted - 10/24/2011 : 09:00:54
i would invest the $300. you have a better team, you have the better depth players and who knows when crosby will be back.
Guest0865 Posted - 10/24/2011 : 08:48:32
In a pool of 8 people how does one person get Ovechkin, St. louis and crosby I understand crosby is hurt and will drop acouple picks but thats a really good top 3 picks.. I would like to see this draft order and who picked who.

I like both teams but his alot better if crosby comes back soon
Alex116 Posted - 10/23/2011 : 23:24:54
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4806

The pool is $300 each and winner takes all and we have until tomarrow to stay or leave.. Doi have a good shot at winning? I really dont wanna loose that much money

Well, i hate to say it but, "Know your limit, play within it". If you "don't wanna LOSE that much money", then perhaps you shouldn't be going in it to begin with. What if your team is far better than the others and then you find Daniel Sedin, Ryan Miller and John Tavares all break their legs?

Seriously though, who does a pool where you can back out AFTER committing to it? WTF??? You mean to tell me that if i were to go out and commit to a pool, and pick an unbelievable team, that others can simply bail out and not pay? What if all 7 other teams bailed??? Sounds pretty ridiculous to me and i can guarantee you i'd have nothing to do with anyone putting on a pool as such!!!

FWIW, i like your team better. Having said that, if Crosby comes back and plays like he did last year, you could be in trouble?
Guest4806 Posted - 10/23/2011 : 22:31:00
The pool is $300 each and winner takes all and we have until tomarrow to stay or leave.. Doi have a good shot at winning? I really dont wanna loose that much money
nuxfan Posted - 10/23/2011 : 22:25:03
You won't know who's team is better until the end of the year.

what exactly are you asking about here?
Guest4806 Posted - 10/23/2011 : 22:22:39
I mean we r only aloud to trade for*** players with equal or less points not OR

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page