Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Alexander Steen?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest9432 Posted - 10/31/2011 : 08:25:56
Hi,
I'm considering dropping Saku Koivu (2.5M) for a free agent who has approx the same salary and I'm wondering who to pick in return.
I'm not sure which player to pick between Alex Steen (3.36M) and Tomas Kopecky(3M). Would you drop Koivu for one of them? (only G + A count)
Or do you guys have another player in mind ?
Thanks
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CrockOShight Posted - 11/04/2011 : 10:55:37
ROFL!!

Alexander Steen MUST be an elite player - in a league with Phil Kessel and all.

Guest, if you are in a keeper league, take Steen. It's easy. You might be able to get one more season out of Whitney - and he's a great player no doubt about it. But in years going forward, Steen is your man.
Leafs81 Posted - 11/03/2011 : 07:50:59
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

[quote]Originally posted by Leafs81

I dropped an injured player last week and the best available seemed to be Steen and Whitney. I went with Whitney, but its a close call.

Man... when I think the Leafs traded an Elite player (Steen) for Lee Stempniak.

The Leafs won the trade hands down as they got exactly what they wanted.
[/quote

I don't think there was a clear winner because both teams haven't won the cup since.
Beans15 Posted - 11/02/2011 : 12:42:13
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs81

I dropped an injured player last week and the best available seemed to be Steen and Whitney. I went with Whitney, but its a close call.

The Leafs won the trade hands down as they got exactly what they wanted.
Guest4609 Posted - 11/02/2011 : 11:43:46
That was a Great Pick up Being on the first PP and top line of the Yote s Whitney is doing great for his age..
Leafs81 Posted - 11/02/2011 : 11:26:41

Alex116 Posted - 10/31/2011 : 23:53:38
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan
Heck, at this scoring rate, he's on target for nearly 40g and 65-ish points - that's an elite player in some circles

Lol..........nice one!
nuxfan Posted - 10/31/2011 : 22:58:34
seemed to get posted twice...
nuxfan Posted - 10/31/2011 : 22:57:56
I think I'd take Steen over Whitney myself, esp in a keeper league given Whitney's age. Steen is finally coming into his own in STL. 9pts in 11 games so far playing on a team that is not doing as well as it should, he's assumed the #1 centre position from Oshie (for now), so he'll get all the quality chances he can handle. He's only 27 years old (late bloomer?), and has the size to be effective in the role. Heck, at this scoring rate, he's on target for nearly 40g and 65-ish points - that's an elite player in some circles

He would certainly be better than Kopecky, and I don't like taking oldies in my keeper pools. However, who else might be available on the wire?
Guest4609 Posted - 10/31/2011 : 21:07:36
I would take Ray Whitney over either of thous Guys he well get 50- 60 points this season..
Guest6315 Posted - 10/31/2011 : 14:05:14
Ok thanks!
Another question : would Ray Whitney be better than Steen? I'm in a keepers league so Whitney's age bugs me a bit, but I don't think I would keep Steen anyways as a keeper...
CrockOShight Posted - 10/31/2011 : 12:09:42
Saku Koivu is a solid choice. He's a lock for 45 points IMO.

On the other hand, Alexander Steen is showing some serious signs of making the jump to the 55+ points category.

I put Kopecky in about the 40-45 pts range.

If you have moves to spare, I would suggest picking up Steen. He's skating very well, gets plenty of ice-time, and is starting to establish himself as the go-to guy in St. Louis.

"I love your enthusiasm."
- Gary Bettman

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page