Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Suggestions for sites for a Fantasy Hockey

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tweekend Posted - 04/25/2007 : 18:45:52
Hi all, I know we're in the second season now, but looking for some advice on next season. There is a group of my friends that do a fantasy hockey league every year. The last few years we've been doing CBS.Sportsline, but it got a little expensive for an 8 team league. This year we did yahoo, which flat out sucked.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where you can create your own league that is either decently priced or free? And allows the comish to actually run the league?

In CBS we had lots of freedom where the comish could actually make changes to lineups and so forth if needed. In yahoo, as soon as the scoring period started, the comish couldn't do squat.

Any thoughs and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
S

18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tweekend Posted - 09/19/2007 : 07:35:39
If you ever do add it, I know you have at least one league that would be here. Thanks for listening.
admin Posted - 09/18/2007 : 12:12:29
quote:
Originally posted by 99pickles

The only one flaw that we had with our playoff pool (that was easily remedied) was under the "Team" category : we couldn't give a value for a team's shutout (we alotted an extra 2 pts for a SO) All I did was remove the teams from our rosters and then re-add both the starting and back-up goalies for everyone's team choices in order to give 2 pts per SO. The only way this could have come back to haunt us is if, for some reason, a 3rd string goalie ended up playing a game in which they also earned either a win or SO.

Hi 99pickles. Don't know if you noticed but we fixed this this year. you can now do shut outs for teams.

Sorry gang, no head to head here. but we're listening. We'll do some investigation and see if we can add it for next season.
tweekend Posted - 09/18/2007 : 10:30:59
We used yahoo last year, but found a lot of issues. In a scoring period that went Mon - Sun, we had issues w/ line ups being do Sun night at 11:59. Also didn't offer all the scoring options we had previously used.

Went back to CBS this year, which sucks because it costs money. But it allows for line ups to be set up until 30 minutes before the first game, more options as far as custom scoring, and a few other things that were issues on yahoo.

Depends on how serious/detailed the league is. Yahoo can be good for simple leagues, but didn't work for us. But not bashing it either.
Guest4457 Posted - 09/17/2007 : 11:19:45
yahoo has this feature plus rotisserie style.
tweekend Posted - 09/17/2007 : 10:39:53
I'll second that, I wish you had head to head capabilities here. If so I wouldn't have gone w/ cbs.

For example, we do a 12 team league, two divisions. You have aschedule just like in hockey. Team A plays Team B in week 1. Then Team A plays Team C in week 2. etc... We score points based on G, A, SHG, PPG, +/-, W, GA, Saves and PIM. Team that scores the most Head to Head for the week gets the W.

At the end of the regular season, you have playoff seeding and games just like in the NHL. I looked into using the pool manager here, but just didn't do what we needed.
admin Posted - 09/15/2007 : 20:46:04
Hi 4142, describe what you're looking for in detail. We'll see.
Guest4142 Posted - 09/15/2007 : 15:08:56
Hey guys...
Just out of curiousity...but can you have head-to-head here? Obviously a little knew...trying to put together a keeper league with some buddies. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Joe
admin Posted - 09/05/2007 : 10:30:31
quote:
Originally posted by Otsy

Say you have a 12 team league. I want two divisions of 6. Kinda like conferences. Is that possible with your software?

We we haven't encountered that need in the past but perhaps you could set up two pools?
Otsy Posted - 09/05/2007 : 08:33:31
Say you have a 12 team league. I want two divisions of 6. Kinda like conferences. Is that possible with your software?
admin Posted - 09/04/2007 : 15:34:21
quote:
Originally posted by Otsy

Just looking for a new place to host our league as well. Can you have a head to head league here? Can you separate the league into two divisions? The stats my league uses are:

Offensive
G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, Shots, GWG

Defensive
Games Started, W, L, GAA, Saves, Shut-outs.

Are all these stats available?

Thanks

We support everything except shots/games started. What do you mean by "separating it into two divisions"?
admin Posted - 09/04/2007 : 15:31:39
quote:
Originally posted by capebretonhockeyleague

Hey if anyone is interested in a "Draft" style fantasy hockey league, check this out:

(link removed)

Hey easy with the spam capebretonhockeyleague. It's not very cool to have your first post a SPAM selling things. Try easing into the community first.
capebretonhockeyleague Posted - 09/04/2007 : 11:40:23

Hey if anyone is interested in a "Draft" style fantasy hockey league, check this out:

(LINK REMOVED)
Otsy Posted - 08/27/2007 : 16:32:21
Just looking for a new place to host our league as well. Can you have a head to head league here? Can you separate the league into two divisions? The stats my league uses are:

Offensive
G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, Shots, GWG

Defensive
Games Started, W, L, GAA, Saves, Shut-outs.

Are all these stats available?

Thanks
GOWINGS19 Posted - 05/17/2007 : 21:45:52
i dunno which one is the best...but i'mdefinitely ready to move on from yahoo haha any input to me would be great

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov
99pickles Posted - 05/17/2007 : 02:46:34
I got sick of doing the stats myself and looked for a good site to do them for this year's playoffs and found this site(pickup hockey). A few years ago we used cbs.sportsline when i believe it was free. I seem to recall that everything went ok. I can't believe any site could be as good as this one. User friendly, free, easy quick set-up, free, fun to use (trash talking and stuff) and free. Plus all the entertaining and intelligent members in the forums. I have stopped looking anywhere else. Our friends are really spread out across the continent now so this has been such a great site to make life easier on all of us.

For the playoff pool I like the man games tonight, injured players, and remaining players being listed. I also love the indicators for the highest scorer from a draft round amongst others. There's so many great little things that make looking up your points so much more fun every night. It's more than just looking up your points total of the night.

The only one flaw that we had with our playoff pool (that was easily remedied) was under the "Team" category : we couldn't give a value for a team's shutout (we alotted an extra 2 pts for a SO) All I did was remove the teams from our rosters and then re-add both the starting and back-up goalies for everyone's team choices in order to give 2 pts per SO. The only way this could have come back to haunt us is if, for some reason, a 3rd string goalie ended up playing a game in which they also earned either a win or SO.

I have typed entirely too much about this, I think.
Mikhailova Posted - 04/28/2007 : 10:03:50
It's easy to use, and free. The latter is what got me to join. I found this other place called HockeyDraft.ca that was a bit clearer and better organized, but you had to pay, and who wants to do that? So then I found Pickup Hockey, and since it was free and had decent pools, I joined.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 04/28/2007 : 06:15:52
I love this site because its free and easy to use. I think I have gotten around 20 people to make pools using this amazing software, and 1 has become a member.

Try it...it cant hurt.

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)
PuckNuts Posted - 04/26/2007 : 07:42:34
This site is free, I am in 5 different pools at this time...

It is a great site with many options...

Give it a try...

Lead, follow, or get out of the way...

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page