Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 New Keeper League. Need help with rules/format

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leumas Posted - 07/28/2007 : 10:58:46
Hello everyone.

I'm starting a new keeper league this year and I would like ask some of the knowledgeable hockey pool guys around here a few questions in regards to pool formats etc.

I want to run the pool right here at Pickuphockey. (Which is the best! IMHO)

The pool will be a straight points type pool with trades.

Teams will have 18 players.

12 players on the Pro Team
6 players on the Farm Team

I want to use the Bias Rule to do this. Basically ignore the bottom six guys points and they automatically become the Farm team.

I also want to have positional requirements.

9 Forwards (6 Pro team, 3 Farm)
6 D-men (4 Pro team, 2 Farm)
3 Goalies (2 Pro team, 1 Farm)

I notice that the Hockey Pool Manager on this site has a new feature this year. The Positional Bias Rule. Basically you can pick a position and choose to ignore the bottom guys. Which seems great however.....

I can't seem to figure out how this Positional Bias Rule will work in regards to trades?? If I trade a Forward for a Goalie won't this mess up the system?

For example:

I set the Positional Bias rule to ignore

Bottom 3 Forwards
Bottom 2 D-men
Bottom 1 Goalie

My goal with the Bias rule is to only count the Top Guys from each position. Correct?

If trade one of my 9 Forwards for a Goalie, I now only have 8 Forwards but I have selected to ignore the bottom 3. Does this mean I only count points from 5 Forwards now?? Does this mean that I can only trade Forwards for Forwards?

I think that the Bias Rule is kind of backwards.

If the goal is to only count the Top Guys from each position then shouldn't the rule be written "Only use Top 6 Forwards" rather than "Ignore Bottom 3"???

This would give a team the flexibility to carry seven, eight, or even ten Forwards and still achieve the desired effect the Positional Bias rule is designed for.

You wouldn't be forced to trade Forwards for Forwards, Goalies for Goailes, etc. Your team could carry more depth in a certain position if needed and less in others.

I'm not trying to be critical of the Positional Bias rule or the website.

Maybe I'm wrong and just don't understand the rule in the first place.

I just think it would make the rosters more flexible and the hockey pool way more fun for everyone if the Bias rules were written differently.

Any thoughts or comments?

Leumas

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page