Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Who Would Be Your Top 10

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
juice32 Posted - 09/06/2007 : 09:22:15
If you had the chance to pick all 10. Who would be your top 10 picks for this years hockey pool?? (no order necessary)

Heres My Picks:

1. Crosby (Pit)
2. Thorton (SJ)
3. LeCacalier (TBL)
4. Getzlaf (ANA)
5. Jager (NYR)
6. Gomez (NYR)
7. Briere (PHI)
8. Lindstrom (DET)
9. Jokinen (FLA)
10. Datyzuk, Sakic, or Smyth
21   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest6142 Posted - 04/07/2008 : 13:27:31
It's a short season when it comes to your fantasy hockey picks for the 2008 playoffs, so the quickest way to rack up some points is to make sure you have the right guy between the pipes.

Sounds obvious, I know, but in order to maximize points in wins and shutouts, poolies need to look long and hard at how goalies performed during the regular season, what kind of team they have in front of them and just how deep that team is expected to go into the post-season.
It goes without saying you want to select a keeper that plans on playing right into June.

Once the dust has settled and only two are left to fight it out for hockey's biggest prize, your goalie had better be one of the two with twelve wins, or the odds of winning your pool take a serious hit.
This week's http://www.hockey.com/hockey-blogs/fantasy-hockey-news.aspx looks at the surest bets to roll up fantasy points this spring:

5. CHRIS OSGOOD
It would have been just as easy to slip Cam Ward, Marty Turco or Miikka Kiprusoff into the five-hole, but with Osgood destined to carry the load for the Red Wings this post-season, we'll take him. Osgood has four shutouts in just 39 starts as of Tuesday and may add a few more in the playoffs as the Wings are solid bets to lock down the first seed in a week or so.

4. HENRIK LUNDQVIST
Sharing the league high with nine shutouts, about the only thing surprising with this pick is that Lundqvist isn't rated higher. Combined with the style the Rangers tend to play, Lundqvist is a threat to post a zero every night. Only one problem: the Rangers are likely to draw a tough foe in the opening round, and that may be too much for even Lundqvist to overcome.

3. J.S. GIGUERE
You just have to know the defending Cup champions will be ready to go once the games start to count. Giguere, with four shutouts this season, has a habit of coming to play this time of year. In his first trip to the final, he won the Conn Smythe in a losing effort. One year ago, he got the ring. Oh, and his career playoff save percentage is .929.

2. EVGENI NABOKOV
Nabokov has been a horse for the Sharks, playing in 69 of 73 games before last night. Right now, the Sharks are running through everything in their path and, should they carry that momentum into the playoffs, you probably want Nabokov on your fantasy team. Not only could this be the Year of the Shark but, with six shutouts already, Nabokov could rack up a few more before summer.

1. MARTIN BRODEUR
Gee, is there really any surprise here? With his six shutouts, Brodeur is the main reason why the Devils are in the hunt for the Eastern Conference's #1 seed. Expect the Marty party to continue as the Devils look to ride his coattails all the way to the Stanley Cup final.
Datsyuk 1 Posted - 02/26/2008 : 23:08:31
Crosby
Malkin
Ovechkin
Kovalchuk
Iggy
Vinny
Thornton
Heatley
Spezza
Alfredsson

No Pain, No Gain!
Guest6563 Posted - 01/16/2008 : 21:41:58
Jeez guys, what is with the brutal spelling that has shown up here with some of you, not all of you. And you guys are supposedly in hockey pools and follow these players quite closely...I mean you do look at scoring summaries right?

Anyways, I hope I did not spoil anyone's fun but some of the spelling just disgusted me...it's not like you have never heard of the players being discussed in this particular thread.

Anyways, Nicklas Limburgercheesestrom does not belong in the top-10 of an any posittion points only pool.
MSC Posted - 01/16/2008 : 19:48:41
Staal, Smyth, Sundin and St. Louis over Iginla? Can I be in your hockey pool next year?
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 01/16/2008 : 19:27:41
1.) Crosby
2.) Ovechkin
3.) Kovalchuk
4.)Lecavalier
5.)E.Staal
6.)Sundin
7.)Smyth
8.)St.Louis
9.)Iginla
10.)Lidstrom

>>>Go Leafs Go<<<

Guest7007 Posted - 12/31/2007 : 19:45:49
quote:
I can't believe Kovalchuk has only been mentioned once! I mean, honestly, he's leading the league in goals! He would be top three for sure on anyones list if he played for a canadian team.

But this was all initially posted at the start or near start of the season whey Kovalchuk just sucked under Waddell.

If you ask us now of course Kovalchuk would be in the top 10 (as long as +/- doesn't count). The boy is a beast on the ice.
Guest8815 Posted - 12/31/2007 : 12:31:21
1) Lecavalier
2) Kovalchuk
3) Crosby
4) Heatley
5) Ovechkin
6) Thornton
7) Spezza
8) Iginla
9) St.Louis
10) Hossa
shinnyafterschool Posted - 12/31/2007 : 12:19:46
I can't believe Kovalchuk has only been mentioned once! I mean, honestly, he's leading the league in goals! He would be top three for sure on anyones list if he played for a canadian team.
irvine Posted - 12/24/2007 : 18:56:21
My top three in my current pool, in order, with having the 4th overall pick of 9, was Heatley, Jagr, Statsny.

Irvine
irvine Posted - 12/24/2007 : 18:54:14
1 Crosby
2 Lecavlier
3 Thornton
4 Heatley
5 Jagr
6 Ovechkin
7 Kovulchuk
8 Zetterberg
9 Alfreddson
10 Brodeur (goalies earn a lot of points in pools.)

These would be my top 10, though it'd never happen in any pool.
And if it did, just hand me the money now. :)

Irvine
Axey Posted - 12/18/2007 : 06:03:00
Crosby
Ovechkin
Statsny
Iginla
Thornton
Zetterberg
Lecavelier
Spezza
Heatley
Alfredsson
Guest8372 Posted - 12/11/2007 : 14:16:49
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8372

quote:
Originally posted by juice32

If you had the chance to pick all 10. Who would be your top 10 picks for this years hockey pool?? (no order necessary)

Heres My Picks:

1. Crosby (Pit)
2. Thorton (SJ)
3. LeCacalier (TBL)
4. Getzlaf (ANA)
5. Jager (NYR)
6. Gomez (NYR)
7. Briere (PHI)
8. Lindstrom (DET)
9. Jokinen (FLA)

Not sure if you'd want lidstrom if this was points only pool.

Crosby - obvious reason
Thornton - obvious reason
Lecavlier - obvious reason
Spezza - last year of contract
Heatley - last year of contract
Iggy - always a performer
Hossa - as long as this is a regular season only pool
Ovechkin - with Backstrom, Nylander and Semin, he'll get more space to work his magic
Datsuyk - plays in a very weak defensive division
Jagr - with Gomez and Shanny he's going to rock for 3/4 of the season and then become disinterested again but remains top 10 in scoring.

Honorable mentions Sakic, Alfredsson, Gomez, Briere, Jokinen and Savard.

Hey Juice, just out of curiosity, how ya doing in that pool? Last or second last?
Guest6362 Posted - 09/11/2007 : 04:25:32
Don't forget Evgeni Malkin. Pittsburgh is only getting better an last year he was a rookie!
Guest8372 Posted - 09/10/2007 : 14:18:58
quote:

WHAT??......Why wouldn't I pick Lindstrom in a points only pool?? Have you ever seen that guy play?

Lidstrom is the best defencemen (some may argue, but in the top 3 for sure) in the league at the moment. Lidstrom is a great defencemen, but will not get anywhere close to top 10 scoring which is ~100points.

Do your research and answer this, when was the last time a defencemen was in the top 10 scoring? Also, do you really think that Lidstrom will be in the top 10 scoring considering the players listed in this thread?

As I said, if this was +/-, shots, shot percentage and all that, Lidstrom would be a viable choice, but points only, not a chance.
juice32 Posted - 09/10/2007 : 10:59:25
WHAT??......Why wouldn't I pick Lindstrom in a points only pool?? Have you ever seen that guy play?
Guest8372 Posted - 09/07/2007 : 10:32:21
quote:

Heres My Picks:

1. Crosby (Pit)
2. Thorton (SJ)
3. LeCacalier (TBL)
4. Getzlaf (ANA)
5. Jager (NYR)
6. Gomez (NYR)
7. Briere (PHI)
8. Lindstrom (DET)
9. Jokinen (FLA)

Not sure if you'd want lidstrom if this was points only pool.

Crosby - obvious reason
Thornton - obvious reason
Lecavlier - obvious reason
Spezza - last year of contract
Heatley - last year of contract
Iggy - always a performer
Hossa - as long as this is a regular season only pool
Ovechkin - with Backstrom, Nylander and Semin, he'll get more space to work his magic
Datsuyk - plays in a very weak defensive division
Jagr - with Gomez and Shanny he's going to rock for 3/4 of the season and then become disinterested again but remains top 10 in scoring.

Honorable mentions Sakic, Alfredsson, Gomez, Briere, Jokinen and Savard.
Beans15 Posted - 09/07/2007 : 09:45:06
Crosby
Thorton
Lecavalier
Heatley
St. Louis
Sakic
Hossa
Savard
Jagr
Iginla

If you are under the age of 15, please do some research before you make a post about anything pre-1997.
juice32 Posted - 09/07/2007 : 04:34:01
Pool would just be based on goals and assists. No goalie stats
Guest8372 Posted - 09/06/2007 : 10:53:05
quote:

Heres My Picks:

1. Crosby (Pit)
2. Thorton (SJ)
3. LeCacalier (TBL)
4. Getzlaf (ANA)
5. Jager (NYR)
6. Gomez (NYR)
7. Briere (PHI)
8. Lindstrom (DET)
9. Jokinen (FLA)

What kind of pool? Points only. Points, PIM, +/-.... Do I need defencemen and goalies??
Canucks Man Posted - 09/06/2007 : 09:49:48
that was me 2284

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Guest2284 Posted - 09/06/2007 : 09:49:00
1) Crosby
2) Thornton
3) Ovechkin
4) Lacavalier
5) St. Louis
6) Sedin
7) Sedin
8) Heatley