Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Plus/Minus question

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Grant1982 Posted - 09/30/2007 : 11:24:15
I have my pool set up as follows

Plus/Minus (plus) = 1
Plus/Minus (minus) = -1

However the system is adding +1 point for either a plus or a minus.. can anyone help? perhaps this is happening because i have a (-) in front of the 1 for minus ? I dont know why its doing this but needs to be fixed soon.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
admin Posted - 10/01/2007 : 10:07:38
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5602

It really wasn't clear. But thanks for insulting advice. Thank god I didn't need third grade math for my accounting degree.

haha! nice! We'll see if we can clear it up a bit
Guest5602 Posted - 10/01/2007 : 09:24:44
It really wasn't clear. But thanks for insulting advice. Thank god I didn't need third grade math for my accounting degree.
admin Posted - 09/30/2007 : 20:07:06
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9920

Hey guys, you can't put a negative value in for plus/minus. There are two categories Plus/Minus (plus) and Plus/Minus (minus). If you want a guy to get +1 for being on the ice when his team scores then put 1.0 in the plus column. If you want a player to get -1 for being on the ice when the other team scores put 1.0 in the minus column. It's that simple. There are two categories for the simple reason that you can make one or the other worth more or less. Thus, you are able to more richly reward the positive scale of Plus/Minus, or you can be more harsh on the negative scale of Plus/Minus. Perhaps some people might want to hold defensemen more accountable for goals scored against their team for example. Just remember your grade 3 math......two negatives make a positive.

LOL! Spoken like a true poet 9920! 9920 is absolutely correct. But to all your defense we have received more than our share of support emails about this. We'll post a note about it on the set up to make it more clear.
Grant1982 Posted - 09/30/2007 : 12:49:15
I thank for very much for this, I will try it and see what happens when the stats are updated tonight!

Thanks again!
Guest9920 Posted - 09/30/2007 : 12:43:02
Hey guys, you can't put a negative value in for plus/minus. There are two categories Plus/Minus (plus) and Plus/Minus (minus). If you want a guy to get +1 for being on the ice when his team scores then put 1.0 in the plus column. If you want a player to get -1 for being on the ice when the other team scores put 1.0 in the minus column. It's that simple. There are two categories for the simple reason that you can make one or the other worth more or less. Thus, you are able to more richly reward the positive scale of Plus/Minus, or you can be more harsh on the negative scale of Plus/Minus. Perhaps some people might want to hold defensemen more accountable for goals scored against their team for example. Just remember your grade 3 math......two negatives make a positive.
Guest8442 Posted - 09/30/2007 : 11:49:02
I have the same problem. I also went in and changed the +/- minus value to +1 and it shows the same amount of points. The question is how do we penalize a player with a minus +/- ? (ie Andy McDonald was a -1+/- he should have -1pts not a +1)
spade632 Posted - 09/30/2007 : 11:31:50
I noticed that too.

Last night Pronger scored an assist (+1), but finished -1 (-0.5). (in my pool scoring) However, he lists as having 1.5 points instead of 0.5.

I also have a minus sign in the box for minus (i.e. -0.5)

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page