Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Poolies adding players

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest9073 Posted - 04/08/2008 : 15:31:46
My experience is with Yahoo fantasy hockey. If that gives you an idea of what pools I'm familiar with.

I'm new to this site as of today. I created a pool. Poolies can login and see the pool so it has been activated.

Am I going to have to solicit player rosters from the poolies and add them myself? Or can my poolies build their own roster when they login?

I'm hoping to introduce several office mates to NHL pools but if I have to suggest a roster for all of them, I'm not sure this is the best way to do it for me.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer!

Mike
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
admin Posted - 04/08/2008 : 17:39:48
If you email me I can provide you with a pick list that we used for the site. It has 22 groupings of 4 players (and 1 grouping of 5) Its for a simple pool (forwards and defensemen only, no goalies or goons) It may help you speed things up - support [at] pickuphockey.com

Don;t worry about getting the pool done on time. You can add the players ANYTIME and the system will backdate the points to the first day of the playoffs (if you use the default dates)

Hope this helps!

Don't forget to sign up in the forums for some great discussions
Guest9073 Posted - 04/08/2008 : 15:54:55
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm afraid I won't have enough time to get rosters from everyone then enter them myself, before the playoffs start. I'll give it a go though.

Since I'm dealing with people not all that familiar with hockey to begin with, perhaps I'll give them a list of players to choose from. Like create 10 rounds of 5-10 NHL players. Then have the poolie pick one player from each round.

With all the college basketball brackets and NFL fantasy football action here at work, I'm trying to introduce the best sport out there to them. :)

Thanks again,
Mike

admin Posted - 04/08/2008 : 15:35:29
Hi 9073, welcome to the site. In the current system the administrator has to input the pool teams and rosters.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page