Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 STATS UPDATE FROM APRIL 25, 08

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 04/26/2008 : 10:44:44
The stats batch run is till going from last night (the 25th) So the points for those games are not yet in your totals. We'll keep you posted here when they finish updating. Sorry for the inconvenience.
22   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
admin Posted - 04/26/2008 : 15:19:49
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2211

Probably the thing I find most humerous about the comments coming from all the "don't complain, the site is free" people is how naive you all are. Do you really think that putting up and managing this site is some sort of exercise in altruism by the managers of this website? It's a business, like any other business, the point is to make money. They make money by selling advertising. The amount they can charge for that advertising is determined by how many users the site has. If they are going to be making money because you are using their site, you have every right to complain when the service is not up to par.

You're not standing up for some worthy cause, you standing up for someone who is essentially ripping you off and for some reason you love it. Pathetic.

Actually this site has never made a profit in the 7 years I have been operating it. Have you ever tried to make money with Google ads? It's a tough gig. Would we like to make money? Sure. But it's a labour of love. Of course I've always hoped some day I'd make some money at it, and seven years later I still hope I do someday. So your comments are completely and utterly inaccurate.

We've never caved to pressure to put up questionable ads, never sold our membership lists, never even put up POP UP ADS or POP UNDER ADS. We just put up our google ads and hope for the best.

(ADMIN EDIT - content removed because ADMIN sounded like a whiner)
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 04/26/2008 : 15:04:02
thanks admin

Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!

admin Posted - 04/26/2008 : 15:00:11
We don't mind feedback. And we know if we drop the ball we're going to hear about it. We only hope that people will be constructive and reasonable with their critism. At the same time if you post in a publically available community forum on either side you're going to get feedback. So for better or worse expect it regardless. Sending a private email is just fine and you'll always get an informative and courteous response.

We don't make any profit with this site and so our resources are somewhat limited. We do the best we can with what we have. And as our members can agree, we only started having issues this year due to our growth, "gowing pains" as it were. This summer we will be doing some serious rebuilding. Until then we'll keep trying to chase down this elusive bug that makes our batch run take a long time from time to time. Thanks again to everyone for your patience today.
Guest2211 Posted - 04/26/2008 : 14:43:31
Probably the thing I find most humerous about the comments coming from all the "don't complain, the site is free" people is how naive you all are. Do you really think that putting up and managing this site is some sort of exercise in altruism by the managers of this website? It's a business, like any other business, the point is to make money. They make money by selling advertising. The amount they can charge for that advertising is determined by how many users the site has. If they are going to be making money because you are using their site, you have every right to complain when the service is not up to par.

You're not standing up for some worthy cause, you standing up for someone who is essentially ripping you off and for some reason you love it. Pathetic.
admin Posted - 04/26/2008 : 14:30:10
STATS COMPLETE!

The batch stats update for the games from last night's action (Apr 25) took a long time and finished at 2:05pm PST (yes 11.5 hours longer than they should have!!!!). We thought we fixed this last week but it looks like there is still a gremlin in the system that pokes his nasty head up seemingly randomly. Regardless, our sleeves are rolled up and we continue to work.
Guest6665 Posted - 04/26/2008 : 14:16:58
Seems...We all have more important things to do than check the stats, but some of us enjoy checking the stays every morning, like when people enjoy reading the paper in the morning, but our personal lives are totally irrelevant in this matter anyways...apparently some people have nothing better to do than pick on people (total strangers!!!) and stick up for a website that does not even employ them, if you are going to play the "nothing better to do" card you should look at yourself first.

From now on I am just going to message the site privately if there is a problem, this is a joke that people complaing about a service have to get harassed by total strangers.
Guest6665 Posted - 04/26/2008 : 14:08:02
My pool admin had us on another FREE site before and there was NEVER a problem, the stats were updated at approximately 4am EST everyday, NEVER EVER late, and the stats were legitimately updated at that time. The only problem with that site is that it does not have the bias rule.
Iceberg57 Posted - 04/26/2008 : 14:06:26
I have no problem with the service provided by this website. I think they do an awesome job. It appears some people have nothing better to do than to get up in the morning, and run to the computer, and check how many points they have!

What's the rush? It will get done eventually. I agree with the first response, if you don't like it, don't use it, pay your $10 next year, and quit complaining.

Indeed an impatient honker!
Guest6665 Posted - 04/26/2008 : 14:05:19
Well I hate it when people stand up for something that clearly is not ideal and has to room to improve. You have lower standards that is your problem, some of us have high standards. When people complain and give feedback it is to help progress, there is no point in all the website ass-kissers interfering in the process and sticking up for the website, pickuphockey can do that themselves.
Guest4210 Posted - 04/26/2008 : 13:19:02
Kind of funny. Hmmmm. Complain about late stats on a free site. Complain about late stats on a pay site. Which way to go????

Seriously, some folks just like to whine. So let 'em whine. But they should be happy that they are doing it for free.
Guest4043 Posted - 04/26/2008 : 13:17:28
Officpools and others have lots of problems too - I've used them all! I have used pick up hockey.com for years and they have always been reliable - but have occasional problems that always get resolved.

Admin has said in previous posts and emails to me that they experienced lots more traffic this playoffs than ever before and they were not prepard for this popularity. give them a shot at correcting the issues, they are aware of it and will respond. They've always improved this site every year and every year it still remains free. It's ok to complain and it's ok to let them know you are dissatisfied but please be a little humble considering they don't charge us a thing. I'm not sure how they pay for this site but it ain't from any of us kicking in $20.
Guest5300 Posted - 04/26/2008 : 12:59:41
then leave, I hate people that complain, whiners. Please leave. BTW I have been on officepools, and they have their share of problems as well.
admin Posted - 04/26/2008 : 12:59:09
still working on the issue and waiting for the stats to update.
admin Posted - 04/26/2008 : 12:57:54
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9106

I already posted this once but apparently an admin decided to delete it.

This is what we have come to expect from this site. Hell, there are already new games going on. It wouldn't supprise me if they moved to update only once per week.

I agree. Free is free but next season $10 will be well spent.

No I didn't remove your post but perhaps a moderator did.
Guest9106 Posted - 04/26/2008 : 12:49:41
I already posted this once but apparently an admin decided to delete it.

This is what we have come to expect from this site. Hell, there are already new games going on. It wouldn't supprise me if they moved to update only once per week.

I agree. Free is free but next season $10 will be well spent.
Guest2211 Posted - 04/26/2008 : 12:46:50
This site is "awesome"? Nothing like being overly impressed with mediocrity I guess. Must make life very simple for you. "Look the sun came up again, how fascinating". And, yes, If a guy was sitting at a green light for what...about 11 hours, now, I would honk the horn.
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 04/26/2008 : 12:44:13
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2211

Seems to be an awful lot of technical problems with this site. Free is free but come on. Next time I will pay the $10 and use OfficePools.com. This is ridiculous.

People don't relize that sure pickuphockey might have the odd technical problem but how many hockey pool sites have what were talking on right now. The Forums.

Go Stars!!!
Guest6665 Posted - 04/26/2008 : 12:40:15
and thanks for the update admin.
Guest6665 Posted - 04/26/2008 : 12:39:01
when people are asleep at the wheel they need to be honked at, why are you taking shots at someone for complaining, people have the right to cmplain you know.
butch33 Posted - 04/26/2008 : 12:29:15
this guy is probably the type who beeps their horn at ya if your reaction time to the light turning green isnt quick enough for his liking

dont let the door .....y'know , hit ya somewhere before you leave for officepools

only the good die young
Guest5300 Posted - 04/26/2008 : 12:12:44
then leave, this site is awesome!!!
Guest2211 Posted - 04/26/2008 : 11:47:07
Seems to be an awful lot of technical problems with this site. Free is free but come on. Next time I will pay the $10 and use OfficePools.com. This is ridiculous.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page