Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 STATS UPDATE FOR APRIL 27

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 04/28/2008 : 06:29:35
STATS UPDATE IN PROGRESS but is once again taking a long time. It ran perfectly all week (done at 2:30am PST) and then took a long time on Saturday morning. Then worked perfectly again on Sunday and now once again is slow. This random occurance is proving very difficult to track down but we are continuing to looking into it.

Please check back later this afternoon for your stats updates. Sorry for the inconvenience gang!
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
admin Posted - 04/28/2008 : 13:19:06
Hey gang, stats finished at 10:30am PST.
Guest7463 Posted - 04/28/2008 : 09:56:29
quote:
Originally posted by admin

quote:
Originally posted by Guest9089

Both days it performed slowly the same teams were playing NY Rang. VS Pitts. and Dallas vs San Jose... last time it performed slow were any of these teams playing?

Interesting hypothesis. I'll throw it at the team and see what they say.

Maybe it's when Pittsburgh plays - since the other teams played in the week and Pitts knoked out the Sens in 4 (ha, ha).
Guest8985 Posted - 04/28/2008 : 09:18:28
I have to say thanks as well. If you can't wait a little while to see your stats it is not the end of the world. Sure beats an Excel spreadsheet. Please don't let the complaints get you down.
Guest4566 Posted - 04/28/2008 : 09:00:52
I'll throw my thanks in too. Countin' up points for dozens of pools isn't fun.
admin Posted - 04/28/2008 : 08:49:34
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9089

Both days it performed slowly the same teams were playing NY Rang. VS Pitts. and Dallas vs San Jose... last time it performed slow were any of these teams playing?

Interesting hypothesis. I'll throw it at the team and see what they say.
Guest0793 Posted - 04/28/2008 : 08:03:33
Hey guys keep up the good work, if guys cant wait a few hours extra from time to time to check the stats then forget about them. Free is free and you take what you can get. I've ran hockey pools before where I had to manually input stats before so I definatly appreciate what this website provides for me. Thanks fellas keep it up!!!
Guest9089 Posted - 04/28/2008 : 07:53:46
admin Posted - 04/28/2008 : 07:30:43
By random I mean it doesn't have any pattern:

Monday - completed at 2:30am PST (normal)
Tuesday - completed at 2:30am PST (normal)
Wednesday - completed at 2:30am PST (normal)
Thursday - completed at 2:30am PST (normal)
Friday - completed at 2:30am PST (normal)

Saturday - completed at 2:15pm PST (NOT NORMAL)
Sunday - completed at 1:13am PST (super fast!)
Monday - STILL GOING

And the week before that the couple days that it took longer were on completely different days. THIS is what makes it very hard to trouble shoot.

Please note that the "server busy" errors we experienced in the first 2 weeks were unrelated and were caused by too much traffic at the sign up period. That has past.

It's not some diabolical plan to get more hits on the site, and we are very aware that it actually has the opposite effect.
Guest2767 Posted - 04/28/2008 : 07:15:00
kinda hard to believe it is that complicated.. but oh well... it gets their website more hits eh?!
Guest9106 Posted - 04/28/2008 : 06:50:46
Random? This is more and more the norm. We have grown to ecpect ichecking the standings while watching the next days games.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page