Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Fly Bys Under the radar

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hockster Posted - 08/30/2008 : 22:22:50
Who do you guys think is the Most underated player, or player that is poised for a great fantasy season, that may be passed up to later rounds?

12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LuonGod Posted - 10/14/2008 : 23:13:05
Forsure Jokinen. This guy has talent! He will now be playing with Doan and Mueller. Im thinking this guy will net between 70-80 points. For me thats better than Gagner or Cogliano who will be shadowed and targeted this year. Im wondering if those two young oilers will each break the 50 point mark.

Never ever cut what can be untied!!!!
Axey Posted - 09/02/2008 : 23:11:43
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Before we beat the crap out of Pisani, let's remember the guy had Ulcerative colitis which almost ended his career. Not only did he miss 26 games but he also lost a ton (and I mean a ton) of weight.

And before we stat gauging the stats, how many goals did Gagner have??? The same as Pisani. Don't fault Pisani for playing every penalty kill, not getting time on the PP, and playing mosting with the 3rd and 4th line. Put him with an offensive line and he gets as many or more points than Gagner last year.

Not to say I don't like Gagner, but why beat up Pisani??

No, I agree I'm just saying Gagner will be much more supreme then Pisani and I just think of him when I think of the oilers as much as Gagner. Btw Shayne Corson had the same disease, one of my favourite players.

Chicago Blackhawks GM
Beans15 Posted - 09/02/2008 : 17:22:10
Before we beat the crap out of Pisani, let's remember the guy had Ulcerative colitis which almost ended his career. Not only did he miss 26 games but he also lost a ton (and I mean a ton) of weight.

And before we stat gauging the stats, how many goals did Gagner have??? The same as Pisani. Don't fault Pisani for playing every penalty kill, not getting time on the PP, and playing mosting with the 3rd and 4th line. Put him with an offensive line and he gets as many or more points than Gagner last year.

Not to say I don't like Gagner, but why beat up Pisani??
Axey Posted - 09/01/2008 : 21:48:57
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

When you think of the Oilers you don't think of Sam Gagne. Yes he is good and will be a great player but when you think of the Oilers you think Hemsky, Horcoff and Piscani because if you know you're hockey, you would have seen him in the playoffs playing like a stud.

When the going gets tough....the tough get going!

If you know your hockey you would realize the Oilers didn't make the playoffs. And its not a case of if you know your hockey, its if you follow the Oilers. I'm just sayin you can get him low with good potential for points. And Pisani, You serious? Gagne was a rookie this year and had way more points and yes Pisani was injured but he still had closer to a point per game then Pisani.

Tanguay will be a good pick, he may even boost Koivu as well.

Chicago Blackhawks GM
Beans15 Posted - 09/01/2008 : 16:42:57
Jokinen will have a great year in Phoenix. More than likely with Doan and playing on a purely offensive focused team, he's a sure thing. Horcoff, as much as I like him, might not do as well. He will fit into what ever role the Oilers need. If Cole and Hemsky click, Horcoff will get some points, but not a ton. 60-70, but not much more.

I am thinking Tanguay is a sleeper pick. The guy has been a point a game guy for most of the seasons in his career and he had nearly 60 points playing very diminished minutes last year. He will more than likely play 1st like with Kovalev as well as the PP. He will have another 80+ point season and most people will overlook him.

PainTrain Posted - 09/01/2008 : 11:58:33
When you think of the Oilers you don't think of Sam Gagne. Yes he is good and will be a great player but when you think of the Oilers you think Hemsky, Horcoff and Piscani because if you know you're hockey, you would have seen him in the playoffs playing like a stud.

Axey Posted - 08/31/2008 : 18:01:47
Shawn Horcoff, when ppl think of the Oilers they think of Hemsky and Gagne. Some ppl think of him but not as the player actually is, he got 50 pts in 53 games last year. Great steal. Bertuzzi is definitely worth the gamble, if he is available in the last round. Steve Sullivan as well.

Chicago Blackhawks GM
PainTrain Posted - 08/31/2008 : 17:32:17
Brandon Dubinsky of the Rangers should have a really good year. He was playing great in the playoffs. Morrow you could take later and if he plays the way he was in the playoffs you'll be very happy with his results. R.J Umberger could be playing with Nash and Huselius so that means points. Watch out for Drew Stafford of Buffalo as well, a non injury season and he could really do well.

hockster Posted - 08/31/2008 : 15:13:53
Nigel dawes, young guy lots of talent playing in New york under the radar to their high paid players

I don't bring the controversey it comes to me.

Iginla for 2010 team captain!!!
Guest9692 Posted - 08/31/2008 : 06:21:44
quote:
Originally posted by hockster

Who do you guys think is the Most underated player, or player that is poised for a great fantasy season, that may be passed up to later rounds?

Other also. Horcoff comes to mind. Point per game until he got hurt.

Havlat in your last or 2nd last round since everyone is going to avoid him like the plague due to injuries.

I think Dobber just pointed out Okoposos (sp?).
99pickles Posted - 08/31/2008 : 02:32:46
I voted other because based on your criteria anything you would have listed would cease to be a hidden sleeper! I am also not sure I am ready to tip my hand as to the prep-work I have done for this season. They night before opening night of the '08-'09 season I may post the handful of players that I am secretly waiting to slip through the cracks.
hockster Posted - 08/30/2008 : 22:24:44
I voted cammelari being a flames fan, and based on how he should play with iggy after an season where he was injured and not seen much. I think also bertuzzi and lombardi are poised.
Probably just wishful thinking.

I don't bring the controversey it comes to me.

Iginla for 2010 team captain!!!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page