Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 pool points breakdown

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4137 Posted - 09/03/2008 : 12:43:27
hey all, maybe you can help me and my poolies with a problem regarding points for goals. for our pool, i have an even strength goal listed as 1 pt, a pp goal listed as 0.5 pt, and a sh goal listed as 1.5 pts. now, say if crosby scores a pp goal, will he get 1.5 pts? and if he scores a sh, will he get 2.5? is that 1 pt for a goal taken into account every time? or if crosby scores a pp goal, would he only get half a point for it (which is what we want)? anyone know? thanks.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
admin Posted - 09/03/2008 : 16:37:44
Please note that there are orange "Help" links within the pool set up that explain these things too Although I don't mind doing this either.
admin Posted - 09/03/2008 : 16:33:17
If you choose the "basic" goalie config then the points that you input for wins (ALL WINS) will simply be that many points; they will not be cumulative. So if you put in 2 points for a win, then regardless of the type of win the goalie will only receive 2 points.

If you choose the "advanced goalie" config then you need to specify the value you offer for EACH type of win ie: regulation, OT, Shoot out. The goalie will then receive the amount of points for that specific type of win; it will not be cumulative.

The only BONUS points handed out for goalies is the shut out. So if they get a shut out and you have entered points into that field then the goalie will be awarded the points for the type of win AND the shut out points.

cheers!
Guest4948 Posted - 09/03/2008 : 14:17:36
ah. ok. one more question - does that also apply for goalie wins? if i make an ot win worth 0.5, does that goalie get 0.5 or 1.5 (if wins are worth 1)?
admin Posted - 09/03/2008 : 14:04:52
Goals and assists have a primary value...in your case you've listed them as 1. So regardless of the type of goal they will ALWAYS get at least this value. Then, if you specify ADDITIONAL points to be added then these points will be added on top of the primary value.

So it looks like this in your examples:

Crosby gets a power play goal. He will get 1 point for the goal, and he will get an additional 0.5 points for the fact it was a PP goal. So in total Crosby will get 1.5 points for the power play goal.

Same goes for short handed goals. He will get 2.5 points in your example.

You can however use negative values. So if you want ONLY a total of 0.5 points for a PP goal then insert 1 point for goals and -0.5 points for pp goals. This will total 0.5.

Note that the regular season pool manager will be available September 18th.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page