Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Kiprusoff or Osgood?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4691 Posted - 11/18/2008 : 13:24:11
In your opinion, who will be putting up more points this season on a simple win/shutout system? (2 for win, additional 5 for shutout).

Kipprusoff - Who hasn't quite attained his previous glory.
Osgood - Who may not play enough games to compete point-wise.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
leigh Posted - 11/18/2008 : 15:17:47
Definitely Kipper. Because the Flames don't have a top notch back-up he'll play at least 72 of the games and get no less than 38 wins and probably more like 40+. And he's good for somewhere between 2 and 5 shut outs....if he gets hot like he can that number could climb to 7 (only 3 years ago he had 10!)

Osgood is a good goalie on a great team, but that's been the story every year with him and he never plays more than 40ish games. With Conklin backing him up this season he will likely have a similar season. So if he does really well and wins 3/4 of those games the most wins he'll end up with will be 30 or so. plus a few shut outs.

So even if Osgood plays 50 games the the numbers are still in Kippers favor. Kipper is essentially a sure thing for 90+ points based on the scoring system in your pool. Whereas Osgood would TOP OUT at 80ish and probably end up at 70-75.
Guest4691 Posted - 11/18/2008 : 14:53:28
But keep in mind Detroit no longer has Hasek and I believe Osgood is the definitive #1 goalie on Detroit over Conklin, earning him more games this season than he played the last.

Looking at last season's stats, he was only about 15 points behind Kip and that's with Kip playing 76 and Osgood playing 43. Now if he plays even ~55, he's bound to match if not surpass Kipprusoff's numbers this season especially if Kipprusoff doesn't pick it up soon.
Beans15 Posted - 11/18/2008 : 14:42:54
What?? This is an absolute no brainer. It's Kipper. He plays almost every game Calgary will play this year. That is more than I can say for Osgood. Plus, Kipper has been in the top 3 in goalie wins the past 3 seasons. There is no reason he won't be there again. Even if Calgary is a .500 hockey club, it will be Kiprusoff who will have virtually all of those wins.

In the past three season, he would have had an average of 112 points by your point gathering (2 for a win and 5 more for a shut out). Only Broduer and Luongo have been in that same league. Lunqvist the past couple of years.

For a pool, Kiprusoff is one of the top 3 goalies to pick. A choice between him and Osgood is no choice at all. Osgood has played in 11 of the 17 games for Detroit. If that continues through the season, he will play in 53 games. If he played even .600 hockey, that will means 31 wins. Kipper playes in 70 plus a season. He can match Osgood playing less than .500 hockey.

Seriously, this is a complete no brainer
Guest4691 Posted - 11/18/2008 : 14:30:45
I'm talking about between the two goalies listed. Obviously niether Kip nor Osgood will be the top goalie in the league.
Guest4644 Posted - 11/18/2008 : 14:20:33
Um have you been watching Luongo?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page