Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Late Draft

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest6860 Posted - 09/29/2009 : 23:34:10
Couple quick questions, I tried to find the answers here but couldn't.

1) If we are drafting Sunday (October 4th) and I enter the players that night or Monday, will the points that the players already accumulated (as the season stats October 1st) still count?

2) We are doing a re-draft at the halfway point (dropping/adding up to 3 players). We have the Bias rule (Bottom 2 players don't count), how does that work? Would you keep the old players points to date, then include the points accumulated from the new players?? How does this caculate to eliminate the 2 bottom players?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
admin Posted - 09/30/2009 : 01:35:34
1) Yes, turn the trades on, then set it to "split". Then do your trades whenever you're ready. By the way you can back-date trades as well.

2) When you trade players in a split, their point will be considered a "trade group" and therefore will be combined. So for your example your trade group will have a total of 45 points. If this places the group in the bottom 2 then they will not be counted to that team's total. If they are above the bottom 2 then they will be counted.

3a) As the admin for your pool you can add players at any point in the season if you wish, just ensure that your pool teams have space for them, ie: if you have your pool teams set up to have 15 players each and you are trying to add a 16th player to each team you will have to edit your pool details to allow for 16 players per team. Very easy.

3b) Note that if you want to have the new players start at a certain date other than the pool's start date then you will have to do a "fake" trade, ie: add a player to the team that you know has no points prior to this point, then trade him away for the "free agent". Just set the trade date for the day before you wish the "free agents" points to start. Sorry about that but we don't yet have a function that let's you add players with individual unique start dates (although it's in the works)

Cheers!
Guest6860 Posted - 09/30/2009 : 00:56:04
Thanks admin!! Just a couple of follow up questions:

1) So do I need to set trades to yes for the ability to do a redraft? Or just the "split" and then edit rosters at the time?
2) Player A has 15 points at the break and is dropped
Player B is picked up (so is starting fresh) finishes with 30 points in the second half, but is in the bottom 2 so his points don't count? The team would not get credit for the 15 or the 30 points then?
3) Once the draft is completed, are their free agents? Or is there the ability to add further players after (at the All-Star break)?

Sorry I have not used this site before, but very excited to!

admin Posted - 09/30/2009 : 00:09:33
Hi Guest 6860. Thanks for setting up a pool!

1) you can set up a pool anytime and run it for as long as you wish. The points will be retroactive to your pool start date; you can leave it as the default which is the first day of the season, or you can put in a cutom start date. The choice is yours.

2a) If you are using the bias rule to not count the bottom 2 players then the system will keep track of their points but not include them in the total points for the pool team all season long. Of course whoever the bottom two are will depend upon the total points for the bottom players. Those players with the lowest point totals will be omitted.

2b) If you are doing a re-draft at the half way point most people set up the trades to use the "split trades" option. This way the newly acquired players will start collecting points from the day after the trade date, while the traded away players will stop collecting points on the trade date. If you want to have the new players collect points from the beginning of the season just choose the "replacement trades" option instead.

You can find more information on trades in "Trades" section of your pool - Just on the "how do trades work?" link.

Hope this helps! Enjoy your pool!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page