Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 When is it a shutout?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pqee Posted - 10/01/2009 : 12:05:34
Is a shutout counted at the end of overtime, regardless of a shootout?

What I'm trying to do is if a game is 0-0 after overtime, both goalies get 1 point for a shutout. Whichever goalie wins in the shootout gets another 2 points for the win. (Losing goalie still gets his 1 point for a shutout after overtime).

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest7877 Posted - 11/19/2009 : 10:29:36
It appears so
Guest0965 Posted - 11/18/2009 : 13:15:15
so thomas would only get 5 points while the other goalie gets 6 poitns, correct?
admin Posted - 11/18/2009 : 06:49:01
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0539

well if nabokov got credit for his shutout, how come thomas got his taken away from him last week when BOS played FLA and neither goalie gave up a goal and it was 0-0 going to a shootout and FLA won. Originally thomas was given the shutout and a loss, but now the points were taken away from him in my pool. ??? But same situation happened for nabokov and he still has his points. can this be fixed please. these points are big for my team.

Thanks for the post guest 0539,

Please report this issue to your pool organizer. If they feel there is an issue please have them email support at pickuphockey.com and we will work through the issue.

Thanks!
Admin
Guest0539 Posted - 11/17/2009 : 19:45:58
well if nabokov got credit for his shutout, how come thomas got his taken away from him last week when BOS played FLA and neither goalie gave up a goal and it was 0-0 going to a shootout and FLA won. Originally thomas was given the shutout and a loss, but now the points were taken away from him in my pool. ??? But same situation happened for nabokov and he still has his points. can this be fixed please. these points are big for my team.
admin Posted - 10/25/2009 : 13:19:31
If both goalies make it through regulation time and overtime without having a goal scored on their team then they will both be awarded with the shutout as per the NHL's rules. However after the shootout one goalie (team) will have to lose so therefore one goalie will end up with a win and a shutout, while the other will end up with a loss and a shutout.

Think of it this way...if a skater gets a goal in a shootout he is not credited with a goal in his regular goal stats. The same goes for a goalie, his shutout is not taken away from him just because he was scored on in the shootout, nor does his GAA go down, nor does his save % drop.
Guest4985 Posted - 10/25/2009 : 08:17:50
quote:
Also in a couple of months when we will see the stats, people will see that Nabokov has one more shutout here than his real NHL stats. People will email pickup saying : ''there's a mistake Nabokov has one shutout too much''

it makes no sense.

Actually no, because if you look at the NHL stats it has Nabokov as receiving a shutout for the game as well so there is no discrepancy.
Beans15 Posted - 10/13/2009 : 11:37:15
Most pools are set up as points for a win and more points for shutout. My pool, for example is 2 points for a win and 2 points for a shut out.

Technically speaking, Nabokov did get a shut out. He did not allow a goal in regulation or overtime. However, the Sharks lost in a shoot out. So Nabokov is credited with an overtime lose and a shut out.

In the case of my pool, he gets 0 points for the loss and 2 points for the shut out.

Guest7385 Posted - 10/13/2009 : 11:00:32
Also in a couple of months when we will see the stats, people will see that Nabokov has one more shutout here than his real NHL stats. People will email pickup saying : ''there's a mistake Nabokov has one shutout too much''

it makes no sense.
Guest9515 Posted - 10/13/2009 : 09:51:16
I'm not sure it is working the way you want it to...Check out the NHL Scoreboard for Oct 12, 2009 -> San Jose. Nabokov is awarded a Shutout Win, even though he LOST in the shootout! How can both goalies be awarded a win for the same game?

rclayton
pqee Posted - 10/02/2009 : 12:52:36
Great, so it's working the way I need it to. Thanks for the quick replies.
admin Posted - 10/01/2009 : 17:38:47
In the scenario described both Goalies will be awarded the shut out and the winner in the shootout is awarded the win.
PhillyFan12 Posted - 10/01/2009 : 17:06:50
yeah both goalies should get a shutout if it is 0-0.

PhillyFan12
Philly Rules!!!
brentrock2 Posted - 10/01/2009 : 15:02:00
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

As far as I recall, it's a shutout at the end of overtime. So if the game goes into a shoot out, both goalies would received a shutout but one would be a winner and one a loser at the end of the shoot out.

Yeah, I agree, Both goalies recieve a shutout if it is still 0-0 at the end of overtime.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 10/01/2009 : 13:30:48
yea, last year the rangers and leafs were tied 0-0 at the end of OT. Both goalies received a shutout and obviously 1 got the win after the shootout

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Beans15 Posted - 10/01/2009 : 13:05:23
As far as I recall, it's a shutout at the end of overtime. So if the game goes into a shoot out, both goalies would received a shutout but one would be a winner and one a loser at the end of the shoot out.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page