Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Toews or Briere?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest6565 Posted - 11/05/2009 : 09:34:38
I have both in my pool sitting in injured reserve status right now. I've got one open spot to put one or the other in. Who should I pick? Both are rumored to be coming back from their respective injuries in the near future. In our pool G=2 points A=1 point.

Briere:
YEAR TO DATE: 10 5 2 7
ON PACE: 80 40 16 56

Toews:
YEAR TO DATE: 9 1 4 5
ON PACE: 78 8 34 43

I think Toews has more potential, and is slightly less injury prone than briere, but he is off to a very slow start.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 11/05/2009 : 10:21:45
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6565

Currently Briere is in that slot, but I was considering putting Toews in there. If either one gets injured again in the future, I would be able to put the other in, so it's not a one time deal. Ideally I would like to have one or the other in there long term. So let's say, best case scenario, both players stay healthy for the rest of the year, who would you pick?

Even with his slow start, i'd go with Toews if both were healthy. I see him as an 80-85 point guy if healthy the entire year and briere around 70. That's where i had them slotted before the season began.
Guest6565 Posted - 11/05/2009 : 09:58:41
Currently Briere is in that slot, but I was considering putting Toews in there. If either one gets injured again in the future, I would be able to put the other in, so it's not a one time deal. Ideally I would like to have one or the other in there long term. So let's say, best case scenario, both players stay healthy for the rest of the year, who would you pick?
Alex116 Posted - 11/05/2009 : 09:48:46
Do you have to slot one in now? Can't you wait till one is at least back playing? Toews worries me, because of the severity of the concussion although i think if healthy he's def got the higher upside.

Need to understand your predicament better. If you slide Toews in and he has a setback, can you then switch to Briere if he comes back? Or is this a one time deal where this decision is final for the rest of the year???

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page