Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Boston underachievers

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest3584 Posted - 01/24/2010 : 17:17:56
I have 3 Boston picks in my pool (Wideman is the 8th, Ryder is the 10th and Krecji is the12th). Currently they are sitting 16th, 17th and 19th (out of nineteen). Wideman in particular is having a horrible season (-4 tonight).

Surprisingly to me though, Boston isn't doing that badly. Must be Thomas I figure.
Any thoughts?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 01/25/2010 : 09:08:33
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

I have watched quite a few games with Boston, and here's my take:

1) They really miss having a sniper.
This to me is the biggest reason, and I have to admit I was surprised by it . . . but it's very noticeable when watching the tight games. They are not that dynamic on the rush, because they only have a bunch of 25 goal scorers on the team. Some of the young guys (Wheeler, Krejci) were expected to pick up the slack, but they have largely disappointed.

2) Thomas has come back down to earth.
I don't think he was every that great to begin with, but having a year like last year certainly raises the expectations. He's been average.

3) Chara off year, Wideman off year, Savard injured
Well, I'll say the most important one here is Savard being out of the lineup more than half the time, as he is the man if at the top of his game. But the D is having an off year IMO.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Boston has lost the ability to play hard defense first. Kessel, Savard and Lucic have been missed greatly, which would have taken the pressure off the defense to be active in the offensive zone.
n/a Posted - 01/24/2010 : 18:10:04
I have watched quite a few games with Boston, and here's my take:

1) They really miss having a sniper.
This to me is the biggest reason, and I have to admit I was surprised by it . . . but it's very noticeable when watching the tight games. They are not that dynamic on the rush, because they only have a bunch of 25 goal scorers on the team. Some of the young guys (Wheeler, Krejci) were expected to pick up the slack, but they have largely disappointed.

2) Thomas has come back down to earth.
I don't think he was every that great to begin with, but having a year like last year certainly raises the expectations. He's been average.

3) Chara off year, Wideman off year, Savard injured
Well, I'll say the most important one here is Savard being out of the lineup more than half the time, as he is the man if at the top of his game. But the D is having an off year IMO.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page