Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 The Story of how Smyth found out of his own trade

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
vintage Posted - 03/01/2007 : 09:34:54
Well yes it is true the media found out before him and like the media do presented it world wide before Ryan knew. Ryan went to Kevin Lowe in frustration and confusion because he did not know this. Ryan later appeared on tv saying that their conversation was a hard and heated one but Ryan says they still believe they are best of FRIENDS.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 03/01/2007 : 11:31:18
This is far from what I have heard in Edmonton. Both Kevin Lowe and Ryan Smyth said that the conversation happened between them and it was not heated as much as disappointment from both sides.

Secondly, before you start ripping Lowe and the Oilers, how about the fact(according to Kevin Lowe) that the Oilers had a contract drawn up with what Smyth was looking for. They needed it back at a certain time. Meehan and Smyth didn't have it back and the Oilers felt that was a sign that the negotiations could go another way. It was literally 20 minutes before the trade deadline when the decision was made. So, that trade happened in 20 minutes.

This is all hear say, but in the end there are THREE sides to every story. There is one person's side, the other's side, and somewhere in the middle is the truth.
Guest4867 Posted - 03/01/2007 : 11:21:16
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

Unless Lowe is fired, Smyth won't come back.

Lowe or Don Meehan?
leafsfan_101 Posted - 03/01/2007 : 11:11:16
Unless Lowe is fired, Smyth won't come back.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
admin Posted - 03/01/2007 : 11:10:47
quote:
Originally posted by vintage

Well yes it is true the media found out before him and like the media do presented it world wide before Ryan knew. Ryan went to Kevin Lowe in frustration and confusion because he did not know this. Ryan later appeared on tv saying that their conversation was a hard and heated one but Ryan says they still believe they are best of FRIENDS.

Can you point us to a link to this story. I would like to read it.

Thanks
Saku Steen Posted - 03/01/2007 : 11:06:31
He seemed to be really emotinal about the trade (I thought it was pretty funny) and I highly doubt it that they are still friends.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page